Deer stalking nightmare

I don't remember saying there was no back stop. I also don't remember describing what the area we were in looked like, and without being an expert in ballistics how the hell I am supposed to tell if what they were actually using was a 243? they could have given me a number of any calibre and I would have been none the wiser, I was TRYING TO LEARN

Sorry mate, but do you remember the post below...?

but this last trip didn't go like it normally does. we got another deer this time on the edge of the field rather than in the trees like normal. and me taking every task im given very seriously I was on the watch for people like I was told to do, very stupidly I thought the purpose of me watching for people was because of the inherent danger that comes with a 243 bullet flying through the wilderness towards an animal that moves sometimes and might not stop the bullet if the trigger was pulled at the wrong time

Look, you can't blame blokes for posting adverse comments when there are more holes in your story than a tramp's socks. It is the school holidays, after all, and some of us do get sceptical of iffy posts at this time of year.

That said, if you are genuine, then you really have got off on the wrong foot with deer stalking. There is a specific section on PW for stalking so I strongly recommend you start asking questions in there. Also, if you do go out with someone again...

Ask for recommendations FIRST (Elk Hunter?)

Have a look at the DSC1 questions that are available online, so you at least know the basics of what should (and shouldn't) occur when stalking.

On the day: Make certain you are fully aware of all permission boundaries, public rights of way - including backstops

And if there is anything you are not happy with - do speak up!

There is so much more to deer stalking than just creeping up and blasting the first animal you see.

Lastly, if you want to be taken seriously, I'd be taking the swans, old ladies and children out of your bag count!

Hope all this helps?

Noidea said >>>> what I wanted was to be learning as I go, hoping that I would learn the gralloch. learn what to look for when inspecting the carcas, learn what tagging is about and hopefully how to process what we had got <<<<<<

Can you please explain what is meant by 'tagging'

Did the police catch and prosecute the men you were with ?

They must of .... Read back he can't say to much until the big court case has gone!

Pure fantasy this guy is 13 years old. & his play station is broken so he day dreams

Noidea said >>>> what I wanted was to be learning as I go, hoping that I would learn the gralloch. learn what to look for when inspecting the carcas, learn what tagging is about and hopefully how to process what we had got <<<<<<

Can you please explain what is meant by 'tagging'

Something that was on the other two guys ankles

ok first things first, looking out for people that shouldn't be where they are, is not that bad of an idea. that's why there is such a thing called trespass. and some old chap chasing his dog that has gone after a rabbit or deer is not out of the question either, with the amount of knowledge I did NOT have I wasn't really in a position to be questioning something I know nothing about

*secondly the answer is no and no, no FAC and never did have plans to get one*

maybe I am nieve, maybe I should have just taken the rifle off them and give it a go myself, then done a full gralloch before getting any advice from people who seemed to know what they were doing, why in the hell would I want to wind anyone up? whats the point? il point this out just once more to you as you are such an expert, I WAS TRYING TO LEARN

So youve gone along with these chaps to learn the ropes as your ambition is to shoot a muntie,but you have no FAC or intentions to aquire one???And why arnt you appearing in court with these chaps?surely the police never fell for this story lol. Edited by Davyo

You are a criminals wet dream, keep a look out?! I find this post hard to believe if it is true just buy some venison from your local butcher and pretend you prepared it, it's a lot safer for you and us all.

imagejpg1_zps5795c9d8.jpg

"Yeah mate of course it's normal, just stop using my real name don't want the deer knowing!"