Visited by Police today (8AM)

maskedhunter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll find Matt that there is a lot of banter on here, that's the part of being on a forum with so many members from mechanics to lords...

You'll find that taking us all with a pinch of salt is the best way and there is a LOT of great advice to be had on here, I couldn't have got this far without this lot on here.

Just always be mindful of the chaos caused on here if you post a pic with anything dangerous in it, I.e unbroken shotgun, trigger on finger etc... But it's because a lot on here have seen some bad things happen and are very passionate and it will help you in the long run.

We are a good bunch really, just keep at it. Good luck with the new airguns and hope you start getting good groupings soon

You'll find Matt that there is a lot of banter on here, that's the part of being on a forum with so many members from mechanics to lords...

You'll find that taking us all with a pinch of salt is the best way and there is a LOT of great advice to be had on here, I couldn't have got this far without this lot on here.

Just always be mindful of the chaos caused on here if you post a pic with anything dangerous in it, I.e unbroken shotgun, trigger on finger etc... But it's because a lot on here have seen some bad things happen and are very passionate and it will help you in the long run.

We are a good bunch really, just keep at it. Good luck with the new airguns and hope you start getting good groupings soon

Ta Mentalmac, yeah guess i just didnt expect so much of it so soon ;) nah was trying just had a bad day from being woke up at the start by ol pc plod n his midget friend todge.

Regards,

Matt.

Fair enuff geez

Taken in the manner it was meant; I was only jesting. 'Born and bred Londoner' was the phrase his wife used when I bumped into her in the street some days later. She was laughing about our tiff and said he still couldn't get over the fact he can't buy fuel for his car on Sunday in our town, and that the nearest Vue cinema is 32 miles away as is a decent Italian restaurant.

A number of posts derailing this thread have been removed. Please do not derail threads as it is unfair on the OP.

A thread clarifying matters relating to member discipline has been posted in Off Topic. Any further derailments of this and any other thread will be removed.

I have a double bed fouton with back up against back fence with a breakfast bar table lent over it at a down ward angle behind the targets (paper SMK and a rat with a nock down and reload and then 3 spinny zombie targets, then i have pillows with roses lid tin lent up behind the wooden between the wood and the thick cushians (tight thick material not some cheap *lidle pillow* haha) then the back of the sofa.. which no bulllet has yet made it two.. and to stop the pellets going anywhere side protectors and thick bedsheets all across side of garden, nothing gets out the garden not a chance.. police even said i obviously was trying to be safe they couldnt fault that.!

Regards

Matt.

Sorry but your garden sounds like an absolute mess! You mau be within the law but socially in this instance it may not be the best interest for you and your future to keep shooting at the contents of a skip in your garden.

Edited by Zenduri

read his post and see why it is currently like it and stop being a **** by berating people. Not big or clever. I bet if I came to your house it would be rubbish by my standards.

Sorry but your garden sounds like an absolute mess! You mau be within the law but socially in this instance it may not be the best interest for you and your future to keep shooting at the contents of a skip in your garden.

after an interesting read and some funny replies I can really only see you losing out, if you want my advice, then here it is, (you don't have to adhere to it but if you do then all the better)

1st,, buy a decent set of headphone to listen to your music WHY ? because you might not know this but by the sounds of what YOU are saying you are a neighbour from HELL, playing music loud at all times of the day, HEADPHONES will instantly make you a more appreciable neighbour,,,

2nd, buy a proper target holder/pellet catcher,Take all those sheets down out of your back garden,,WHY ? because it sounds like you are living like a tramp, your garden must look a right tip with sofas and blankets all over the place,you do not need anything else other than a target holder/pellet catcher,

3rd,,,, Respect all your neighbours or at leat show them respect even if they don't show you any,,at least then they will have nothing to slander you for,

and last but not least ,,,refrain from asking your neighbour to get in the front,,this sounds to me( your offering him for a fight in the front),always speak to them in a soft calm voice and NEVER get into a heated argument with them as this will only add to your problems,

if you do the above 4 things and also join a local air rifle club then the world is your oyster,, neglect what I have said and you deserve everything you get because from what YOU have stated yourself you sound like a right neighbour from HELL, even if you are a genuinely nice guy

good luck with it

atb Evo

The fact of the matter is your neighbors aren't going to change and will continue to call the police, who will continue to visit you!

Your options are;

• Join a club
  • Accept that your neighbors don't like you shooting and the police will continue to visit you
  • Give up shooting

It's as simple as that.

after an interesting read and some funny replies I can really only see you losing out, if you want my advice, then here it is, (you don't have to adhere to it but if you do then all the better)

1st,, buy a decent set of headphone to listen to your music WHY ? because you might not know this but by the sounds of what YOU are saying you are a neighbour from HELL, playing music loud at all times of the day, HEADPHONES will instantly make you a more appreciable neighbour,,,

2nd, buy a proper target holder/pellet catcher,Take all those sheets down out of your back garden,,WHY ? because it sounds like you are living like a tramp, your garden must look a right tip with sofas and blankets all over the place,you do not need anything else other than a target holder/pellet catcher,

3rd,,,, Respect all your neighbours or at leat show them respect even if they don't show you any,,at least then they will have nothing to slander you for,

and last but not least ,,,refrain from asking your neighbour to get in the front,,this sounds to me( your offering him for a fight in the front),always speak to them in a soft calm voice and NEVER get into a heated argument with them as this will only add to your problems,

if you do the above 4 things and also join a local air rifle club then the world is your oyster,, neglect what I have said and you deserve everything you get because from what YOU have stated yourself you sound like a right neighbour from HELL, even if you are a genuinely nice guy

good luck with it

atb Evo

1. i have a headset .. :/ wow realy going this low ?

2. i dont play music all times of the day im not a douch. . . i was baught up with mannors and respect, i dont **** where i eat and as i stated.. this is the FIRST time ive had police here from them.

3. The sheets where put up as a request from the neighbor to stop richochet,

4. I do respect my neighbors, more then humble and ive previously been friends with this neighbor for a few years, i even let him use my gas garden mower 2 years running. pass it strait over the fence.. im not a ****, you havent read everything, You've probably took one look at the state of my backdrop (fair doo's to what u think but what you say.. shame on you didnt your mother teach you bout not having anything nice to say.. and stop changing the subject the problems not my backdrop its my neighbor, its not the way im living

.. im living fine thankyou. Judgmental..

5.I asked *if u read..you'd know* for him to come out so we could talk away from him being pressured by his wife n her mum because as i said we was previously friends when it was him and his younger brother living together. now his wife has moved back in hes become... different.

6.You ... yes YOU didnt read what I said .. so dont start trying to act like you did.. Your points are flaud and if honest just aimed at putting me down not helping me.

7. I have NOT been out of order, i do NOT play music extremely load and when i have it up a little say when tideying my house.. ill close all the doors n windows to help. im very considerate. i dont play music past voice volume past 9 accept some weekends if i have mates around it will be around 10-11 no later. no earlier noise i wont even hoover or flush between 11:30 and 7 am so i realy do think ur harsh words are un warrented and hardy.

8. for everyone else agreeing with himm.. barrrrrrrr humbug.

9. I will continue to shoot. i will get a better catcher for my bullets, get rid of the old back drop as soon as i have the new targets with backing etc. (I will also how ever joing a shooting club etc hanslope and possibly bedford).

10.Thanks for ur negative nasty opinions about living like a tramp and being a neighbor from hell.

Regards.

M.

The fact of the matter is your neighbors aren't going to change and will continue to call the police, who will continue to visit you!

Your options are;

• Join a club
  • Accept that your neighbors don't like you shooting and the police will continue to visit you
  • Give up shooting

It's as simple as that.

I am joining a club, i will continue to shoot in my garden occationally.. when i can see no neighbors are out.

as the police where leaving i asked them to go to who ever had made the complaint and explain the situation, they said thats fine.

Im not here to cause trouble just needed some advice, i didnt want nor need half other info people seem to have racked up on this subject haha but i guess in a forum this big it comes with it,

to all who have a harsh opinion id ask u to agree to disagree and not post anymore on this.

Regards.

Matt.

Find yourself a local range or gun club and let things cool down, neighbours can be a pain in the bum because they automatically think we are shooting birds etc. anyway winters on its way so when they are stuck in the house get back out and shoot the greys and rats.

ATB.

1. i have a headset .. :/ wow realy going this low ?

2. i dont play music all times of the day im not a douch. . . i was baught up with mannors and respect, i dont **** where i eat and as i stated.. this is the FIRST time ive had police here from them.

3. The sheets where put up as a request from the neighbor to stop richochet,

4. I do respect my neighbors, more then humble and ive previously been friends with this neighbor for a few years, i even let him use my gas garden mower 2 years running. pass it strait over the fence.. im not a ****, you havent read everything, You've probably took one look at the state of my backdrop (fair doo's to what u think but what you say.. shame on you didnt your mother teach you bout not having anything nice to say.. and stop changing the subject the problems not my backdrop its my neighbor, its not the way im living

.. im living fine thankyou. Judgmental..

5.I asked *if u read..you'd know* for him to come out so we could talk away from him being pressured by his wife n her mum because as i said we was previously friends when it was him and his younger brother living together. now his wife has moved back in hes become... different.

6.You ... yes YOU didnt read what I said .. so dont start trying to act like you did.. Your points are flaud and if honest just aimed at putting me down not helping me.

7. I have NOT been out of order, i do NOT play music extremely load and when i have it up a little say when tideying my house.. ill close all the doors n windows to help. im very considerate. i dont play music past voice volume past 9 accept some weekends if i have mates around it will be around 10-11 no later. no earlier noise i wont even hoover or flush between 11:30 and 7 am so i realy do think ur harsh words are un warrented and hardy.

8. for everyone else agreeing with himm.. barrrrrrrr humbug.

9. I will continue to shoot. i will get a better catcher for my bullets, get rid of the old back drop as soon as i have the new targets with backing etc. (I will also how ever joing a shooting club etc hanslope and possibly bedford).

10.Thanks for ur negative nasty opinions about living like a tramp and being a neighbor from hell.

Regards.

M.

Don't let it get to you... B)

I am joining a club, i will continue to shoot in my garden occationally.. when i can see no neighbors are out.

as the police where leaving i asked them to go to who ever had made the complaint and explain the situation, they said thats fine.

Im not here to cause trouble just needed some advice, i didnt want nor need half other info people seem to have racked up on this subject haha but i guess in a forum this big it comes with it,

to all who have a harsh opinion id ask u to agree to disagree and not post anymore on this.

Regards.

Matt. :sad1:

Start by listening to EVO - I'd certainly hate to live next door to you!

Start by listening to EVO - I'd certainly hate to live next door to you!

im pretty sure living next to you may not be his cup of tea either....

if you have nothing constructive to say to the young lad, then dont bother.

he has addressed the points evo made, so why bring it up again?

it might well be worth closing this thread, for matt's sake.

im pretty sure living next to you may not be his cup of tea either....

if you have nothing constructive to say to the young lad, then dont bother.

he has addressed the points evo made, so why bring it up again?

it might well be worth closing this thread, for matt's sake.

+1