on line dating

digger

I'm not surprised at all Kes. I think the 'triumph of hope over experience' element is not to be underestimated in many cases. Just because you think you want something to happen doesn't make it the right thing.

I heard the divorce rate in the over 60s is often caused by women finally waking up and seeing the lazy, complacent slob they've been waiting on for 30 years for what he really is and chopping him in for a better model.

seems to me the oldies (of which I'm one but without the dosh) are deciding that life is short and being in reasonable health and without debt that it's time to get on with the stuff they missed out on, I see them every year here, cycling from one end of the islands to the other usually in baggy lycra pushing their bikes up the hills, I wonder are they enjoying themselves,

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems to me the oldies (of which I'm one but without the dosh) are deciding that life is short and being in reasonable health and without debt that it's time to get on with the stuff they missed out on, I see them every year here, cycling from one end of the islands to the other usually in baggy lycra pushing their bikes up the hills, I wonder are they enjoying themselves,

They may think they are, but companionship is nice to have, to share them special moments. I think a lot of it is that they thought ooh I'd love to do this and that all rose tinted specs and reality is different. Cycling over hilly terrain is hard work. Trekking to machou pichou ain't easy but plenty try it.

Women in their sixties getting divorced and ******** around, why not put the effort into the relationship they were in. They all want the celebrity boy toy for a bit of fun. Great for a few years then what happens when bits start falling off.

There were some stats out the other year that the biggest increase in stds was the over fifties. All romping around with out protection after splitting up.

My wife and I saw loads of older women in Turkey trying to get off with young lads. Some did others never managed it.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

A doctor friend confirmed the STD figs earlier in the year. I mentioned that we make phones for the senior market. She said she works in senior health and Chlamydia is growing in the over 50s.

She calls them silver splitters, been married many years, bored with Cedric wants some fun. Has no worries about babies but does not know about STDs.

Edited by keg

A doctor friend confirmed the STD figs earlier in the year. I mentioned that we make phones for the senior market. She said she works in senior health and Chlamydia is growing in the over 50s.

She calls them silver splitters, been married many years, bored with Cedric wants some fun. Has no worries about babies but does not know about STDs.

And sleep with someone 20/30 years younger :)

All good fun

I'm not surprised at all Kes. I think the 'triumph of hope over experience' element is not to be underestimated in many cases. Just because you think you want something to happen doesn't make it the right thing.

I heard the divorce rate in the over 60s is often caused by women finally waking up and seeing the lazy, complacent slob they've been waiting on for 30 years for what he really is and chopping him in for a better model.

Now ,now old chap . Proper women are pleased to look after their men for a life time . Mrs harnser has been looking after me for over fifty years and says that she wouldn't change me for anybody . Put the kettle on love .

Harnser

My sister said it had taken her 45 years to get my Brother in Law to his present peak of perfection and it would take too long to train a new one. :lol:

My wife said the same sort of thing. She said what am I going to do what you die. I said get on the internet and find another mug like me. Her reply to that was, I cant be bothered to train up another one. :sad1:

Tried the adds in the paper and met a young Mum. Wrote to her for a month or so, then moved on to phone calls! Eventually met her for a trip to the cinema. When I dropped her off at home, she left her purse in my car. I went back and knocked on her door! She was VERY stand offish. Don't EVER come knocking without calling first, she said! At which point I thrust her purse into her hand and walked off. She rang me the following day to appologise. I told her to forget the whole thing.

Another was a very very busty larger girl. Very nice she was and was wonderful to be around. Always happy and full of giggles. Then after a month she wanted the whole package deal. Ring, House, Kids :o

Scratch two!

Last crack was much better. Lovely lady from Washington. Worked as a Pharmacy assistant manager, I fell hook line and sinker for this one! Everything felt right. I was happy, Content and most importantly in love. Lasted about 3 years, then I was dumpped for the EX? Then a few short month latef She contacted me. We started talking and eventually got very close again, only for me to be destroyed. I ended up in such a bad state I couldn't give my Son the care he deserved! I rang Social Services and cried for help, I spiralled into a deep despair and bottomed out. It took me near 6 month to pull myself out of that hole!

I lost all trust in Women after that.

Then I met a lady one night in Town. Got chatting. Bit of a larger lady but very nice! She lived in Pelton Lane End. We got very close and I got on well with her 2 kids, My Son got on well too. We ended up together for a while, Then she was diagnosed with the big C :(

After tests and treatment had been carried out I was still there supporting her. And after the all clear we made a life together. I spent loads of time there but kept my own home. After another year or so of Holidays abroad and best times of my life, She was back after finding lumps under her skin, Cancer had returned :no: This time was harder than the first as I thought we had beaten it.

After the treatment She realised she wasn't immortal and She became very weepy and emotionally draining. She was very demanding, The love making became draining as it was non stop! Her seeking assurance I loved her became constant and I started to feel myself grow tired physically. I was completely run down. I feared I was going to end up back in a pit. I decided I had to get out, but felt **** doing so. Leaving her was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But I feel it saved me. Selfish I know.

I recently found out She had to under go a HUGE op to remove Cancerous tissue from her Neck and Chest! Through everything she went through when I was there She remained strong. Then with this She broke down. I can't help but feel if I had been there for her again, She would have remained strong.

I also met an Aussie lass when visiting Australia. Really nice with 2 kids. We stayed in contact for a while then She got married. Had another 2 kids and wanted me to go live there with her. She had been diagnosed with Lupus. Last email I got was a goodbye. Her kids were with her parents and She was Dying :no: only in her 30s :(

Then one day, I was picking my Son up from school. Minding my own business when I was soaked by a passing car! A voice behind said "that was shocking" I turned round to see this size 8 lady with glittering eyes and an infectious smile! We started talking each time we met at the School gates!

One day We were talking about the kids! And I mentioned having to go and get a Monitor for Chris's computer. She said she had a spare if I wanted. I collected it and had a coffee. I parted as a Gentleman and never laid anything on her. We made plans to go to town to collect a giant cookie for her Sons birthday. We went back to hers and talked a lot more. I started seeing her playing with her hair a lot while talking. So when it was time to leave, she walked me to the gate! I just pulled her in and kissed her. Man alive what a kiss :D

We have been together now for 7 years. We have had a few issues, but talked them through. We have never argued or shouted, and even now look forward to us both being off work for time together.

Yes, for some people a dating site may work!

But a friend said to me once! One day you will be minding your own business and it will just happen!

And so it did!

Tried the adds in the paper and met a young Mum. Wrote to her for a month or so, then moved on to phone calls! Eventually met her for a trip to the cinema. When I dropped her off at home, she left her purse in my car. I went back and knocked on her door! She was VERY stand offish. Don't EVER come knocking without calling first, she said! At which point I thrust her purse into her hand and walked off. She rang me the following day to appologise. I told her to forget the whole thing.

Another was a very very busty larger girl. Very nice she was and was wonderful to be around. Always happy and full of giggles. Then after a month she wanted the whole package deal. Ring, House, Kids :o

Scratch two!

Last crack was much better. Lovely lady from Washington. Worked as a Pharmacy assistant manager, I fell hook line and sinker for this one! Everything felt right. I was happy, Content and most importantly in love. Lasted about 3 years, then I was dumpped for the EX? Then a few short month latef She contacted me. We started talking and eventually got very close again, only for me to be destroyed. I ended up in such a bad state I couldn't give my Son the care he deserved! I rang Social Services and cried for help, I spiralled into a deep despair and bottomed out. It took me near 6 month to pull myself out of that hole!

I lost all trust in Women after that.

Then I met a lady one night in Town. Got chatting. Bit of a larger lady but very nice! She lived in Pelton Lane End. We got very close and I got on well with her 2 kids, My Son got on well too. We ended up together for a while, Then she was diagnosed with the big C :(

After tests and treatment had been carried out I was still there supporting her. And after the all clear we made a life together. I spent loads of time there but kept my own home. After another year or so of Holidays abroad and best times of my life, She was back after finding lumps under her skin, Cancer had returned :no: This time was harder than the first as I thought we had beaten it.

After the treatment She realised she wasn't immortal and She became very weepy and emotionally draining. She was very demanding, The love making became draining as it was non stop! Her seeking assurance I loved her became constant and I started to feel myself grow tired physically. I was completely run down. I feared I was going to end up back in a pit. I decided I had to get out, but felt **** doing so. Leaving her was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But I feel it saved me. Selfish I know.

I recently found out She had to under go a HUGE op to remove Cancerous tissue from her Neck and Chest! Through everything she went through when I was there She remained strong. Then with this She broke down. I can't help but feel if I had been there for her again, She would have remained strong.

I also met an Aussie lass when visiting Australia. Really nice with 2 kids. We stayed in contact for a while then She got married. Had another 2 kids and wanted me to go live there with her. She had been diagnosed with Lupus. Last email I got was a goodbye. Her kids were with her parents and She was Dying :no: only in her 30s :(

Then one day, I was picking my Son up from school. Minding my own business when I was soaked by a passing car! A voice behind said "that was shocking" I turned round to see this size 8 lady with glittering eyes and an infectious smile! We started talking each time we met at the School gates!

One day We were talking about the kids! And I mentioned having to go and get a Monitor for Chris's computer. She said she had a spare if I wanted. I collected it and had a coffee. I parted as a Gentleman and never laid anything on her. We made plans to go to town to collect a giant cookie for her Sons birthday. We went back to hers and talked a lot more. I started seeing her playing with her hair a lot while talking. So when it was time to leave, she walked me to the gate! I just pulled her in and kissed her. Man alive what a kiss :D

We have been together now for 7 years. We have had a few issues, but talked them through. We have never argued or shouted, and even now look forward to us both being off work for time together.

Yes, for some people a dating site may work!

But a friend said to me once! One day you will be minding your own business and it will just happen!

And so it did!

Jesus I'd be keeping you away from my family with that luck ;)

I met the missis in a club and only dated her because she was 18 and I was 30 :) so I could tell my mates . she turned out to be lovely and 3 years on I couldn't live without her