Police starting unannounced visits today to legal firearms owners

It's very simple, if everyone does what they are supposed to storage wise, then the Police have wasted their time and we are shown to comply, and be law abiding!

This subject is now in the public domain, it wasn't before, therefore we can show in the public domain there is no issue with legal shooters!

What's wrong with terrorism and legal firearms ownership being talked about together, if we do our part then we can but prove we are not a problem.

This is the biggest NON topic I have ever seen on PW...get over it!

Exactly. +a big 1

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Certain posters on here are suggesting that Police/Ho etc are linking us to terrorism. Are they though?

Or are they saying that terrorists could in theory raid our homes and forcibly take our guns?

ANd it that is the case what can we possibly do? An RFD i know once said "if someone comes for the guns they'll just ask politely and if you say no shoot you, I'm not dying for some wood and metal it isn't worth it"

I am truly amazed at the willy waving and concern here, if shooters comply with storage regulations only positive can come out of this.
It is unbelievable that so many think this is something new, Nothing new is happening, the police have always been able to visit, the law has not changed and the police have no new powers of entry.
But I suspect a few more pages will follow yet.......................
Only new bit is the "hotline" to report the matter (why does it need a special hotline?)

It's very simple, if everyone does what they are supposed to storage wise, then the Police have wasted their time and we are shown to comply, and be law abiding!

This subject is now in the public domain, it wasn't before, therefore we can show in the public domain there is no issue with legal shooters!

What's wrong with terrorism and legal firearms ownership being talked about together, if we do our part then we can but prove we are not a problem.

This is the biggest NON topic I have ever seen on PW...get over it!

I think you and your new found friend need to think about others yet to come for the sport............... as for the insults - par for the course and sadly typical

america has a united voice for gun ownership.we have back biting ,bickering and division .divided we fall gents

America does have a united voice.they have more freedom with all types of firearms.is that what you would like here.and would you also like the 50k deaths by gunshot that they have each year.a good system.

I think you and your new found friend need to think about others yet to come for the sport............... as for the insults - par for the course and sadly typical

Ok, seems you accept my argument that this is potentially a POSITIVE move for shooters then, as you have not countered that with anything.

So, are you just looking for an argument, what on earth has this got to do with new shooters coming to the sport, what has changed since last week, I didn't see you shouting about the Police powers to come and check your firearms then, and what the heck insults are you talking about?

Edited by Dekers

ANd it that is the case what can we possibly do? An RFD i know once said "if someone comes for the guns they'll just ask politely and if you say no shoot you, I'm not dying for some wood and metal it isn't worth it"

Only new bit is the "hotline" to report the matter (why does it need a special hotline?)

Fair comment...and yes, why does it need a hotline, of which few will remember the number anyway, is it something new then that the public are allowed to report suspicious firearms related events and need a hotline for the purpose? :hmm::hmm:

Edited by Dekers

Nothingtohide_zpsf785ad90.jpg

Its always worked great in the past(!)

I note that those advocating the full cooperation without bothering to ask why any of this is happening have in the past have either been vocal against pistol shooting or in the 'it didn't directly affect me so I wasn't bothered' camp. i.e. people who haven't been shafted by the system, yet.

I'm starting to remember why i stopped coming to this forum <_<

Ok, seems you accept my argument that this is potentially a POSITIVE move for shooters then, as you have not countered that with anything.

So, are you just looking for an argument, what on earth has this got to do with new shooters coming to the sport, what has changed since last week, I didn't see you shouting about the Police powers to come and check your firearms then, and what the heck insults are you talking about?

I havent countered with anything because there is no point. We have different perspectives, mine says any suggestion of a likely link to terrorism of legally held guns is unhelpful. You think its positive and beneficial.

I cant see your viewpoint you cant see mine and there are other people who want a shout, so live and let live.

The phrase 'get over it', is for philistines (defn A philistine person is the man or woman who is smugly narrow of mind), and inappropriate unless one is an arrogant pedant. I credited you with more intellect so hence it has to be insulting.

Now I have answered all you asked, lets just agree to disagree.

Looking at it the other way would any of the people on here not want the police to act if they had info that a SC or FAC holder was not behaving in a proper way?

If they had before Dunblane it would not have happened or I believe Hungerford before that then we would probably still have hand guns and semi autos.

The thing is there are already numerous lines where you can ring up if you have concern about a crime being committed, 101 and 999 spring to mind. Why is this specifically tailored towards us, shooters are the most law abiding demographic in this country, is this really a problem?

America does have a united voice.they have more freedom with all types of firearms.is that what you would like here.and would you also like the 50k deaths by gunshot that they have each year.a good system.

America does not have 50000 gun deaths a year it is more like 9000. I think you have read a little too many anti articles.

I havent countered with anything because there is no point. We have different perspectives, mine says any suggestion of a likely link to terrorism of legally held guns is unhelpful. You think its positive and beneficial.

I cant see your viewpoint you cant see mine and there are other people who want a shout, so live and let live.

The phrase 'get over it', is for philistines (defn A philistine person is the man or woman who is smugly narrow of mind), and inappropriate unless one is an arrogant pedant. I credited you with more intellect so hence it has to be insulting.

Now I have answered all you asked, lets just agree to disagree.

:lol::lol::lol: You really are 'avin a larf, and if you think get over it is a personal insulting remark, all I can say is get over it. Are you really suggesting you feel insulted and upset but those words.....what sort of a narrow life have you led?

There is NO link to terrorism, the way I see it is they want to check so terrorists don't get hold of our guns, where does it say/suggest we are terrorists? :hmm:

:lol::lol::lol: You really are 'avin a larf, and if you think get over it is a personal insulting remark, all I can say is get over it. Are you really suggesting you feel insulted and upset but those words.....what sort of a narrow life have you led?

There is NO link to terrorism, the way I see it is they want to check so terrorists don't get hold of our guns, where does it say/suggest we are terrorists? :hmm:

Read my last line again. All I can say is "read my last line again".

Possibly I have led a narrow life probably not but it has been filled with generally respectful people whom I have respected in return.

This is clearly an alien concept to you.

I think I called it right since your reply ticks all the boxes of 'philistine' behaviour.

I would assume you ask yourself if you are "avin a larf", if, for a moment, you allow yourself to be 'normal'.

Oh as for NO link to terrorism, did you say this - What's wrong with terrorism and legal firearms ownership being talked about together.

Edited by Kes

why worry let them come round and look.

I am worrying about my privacy and what that means for me if we don't stand up for our rights. E are already one of the most recorded, photographed nations in the world.

I am not against police checking my security but they can do it and make an appointment.

America does not have 50000 gun deaths a year it is more like 9000. I think you have read a little too many anti articles.

According to the American hospital stats 32k a year adult deaths and some 200 children a week either killed or seriously injured.I think they would be well pleased to get the figure down to 9000.

I am worrying about my privacy and what that means for me if we don't stand up for our rights. E are already one of the most recorded, photographed nations in the world.

I am not against police checking my security but they can do it and make an appointment.

If they made an appointment the people who are not making their firearms secure ie hanging them on a wall, would put them in the safe before they turn up to check security.

According to the American hospital stats 32k a year adult deaths and some 200 children a week either killed or seriously injured.I think they would be well pleased to get the figure down to 9000.

The 32k figure includes suicides, police and domestic military shootings, lawful homicides and makes no distinction as to whether a legal or illegally held gun was used. i.e. It's a BS anti-gun propaganda tool

If they made an appointment the people who are not making their firearms secure ie hanging them on a wall, would put them in the safe before they turn up to check security.

The 'new' proposal wouldn't stop that either, all the person would have to do is to keep the door locked and not open it until they've put the gun/ammo away

The 'new' proposal wouldn't stop that either, all the person would have to do is to keep the door locked and not open it until they've put the gun/ammo away

Its 12K for 2013 including children but dont be confused by the facts.

Its 12K for 2013 including children but dont be confused by the facts.

So we have gone from 9 to 12 in a couple of lines.I suppose they should be congratulated really.

Thirteen pages so far and last time I checked not one post by anyone who has had a visit under the new initiative. Seems your fears really aren't ungrounded.

So we have gone from 9 to 12 in a couple of lines.I suppose they should be congratulated really.

Thirteen pages so far and last time I checked not one post by anyone who has had a visit under the new initiative. Seems your fears really aren't ungrounded.

And you went from 50k to 32k! Lmao

Article in my local rag where we are warned of impending visits.

Also states these will be where there are concerns.

Be interesting to see how this pans out and how they will explain it if any of us have the temerity to question the justification of such a visit.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Police-carry-checks-region-s-licensed-gun-owners/story-23198027-detail/story.html#comments

I havent posted stats before on US gun crime victims. These are readily available, so I dont get your point - same as ever really.

However re your comment "Seems your fears..." , I think you mean unfounded and if they arent unfounded then there is some veracity in what I have said - you may wish to eliminate the double negative as well as put in the correct word.

Article in my local rag where we are warned of impending visits.

Also states these will be where there are concerns.

Be interesting to see how this pans out and how they will explain it if any of us have the temerity to question the justification of such a visit.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Police-carry-checks-region-s-licensed-gun-owners/story-23198027-detail/story.html#comments

Every visit that happens if any.that results in the holder being found to be keeping his/her firearms in the correct way will add to the positive statistics and show all of us in a good light to the public.how is that a bad thing.of course you can always refuse to comply and be as obstructive as you can I am sure that will pay dividends.

Its the default position that all shooters are potentailly untrustworthy, non compliant and need sneaking up on that riles me. Its intrusive and unnecessary. That and the smear that which links legal owners to terrorism, which is how the public will read it. If the police could already do this, why are they making such a song and dance about it? It's smoke and mirrors to be seen to be doing ’something', which further demonizes us in the process.