Quad sticks made easy.

activeviii

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rod and dave,

weve just had a couple of hours in the workshop , i hope you dont mind rod but weve made a few slight changes to your original design , weve come up with these so i hope that you like them .

yours will be in the post tomorrow dave , would you like a couple rod ?.

let me know what you think gents.

post-1082-0-19209900-1453846388_thumb.jpgpost-1082-0-45985200-1453846403_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-52593200-1453846426_thumb.jpgpost-1082-0-71457100-1453846442_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-12729200-1453846456_thumb.jpgpost-1082-0-86481800-1453846471_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-51219900-1453846493_thumb.jpgpost-1082-0-61065200-1453846514_thumb.jpg

Morning guys,

Ill ask her good self to make a few sets , I haven't got the foggiest idea about prices at the moment though , it might be an idea to sell them in packs with short lengths of inner tube already cut to size, just add garden canes and youre good to go.

I added an extra leg and it makes an enormous difference.

http://www.unusual-gifts.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/quad%20sticks.JPG

It's an adjustable rod rest and it makes the whole thing rock steady. If you lean the sticks forward you can extend the r/r and then bring it back whilst digging in the ground. You now have something that isn't going to fall over when you need to fiddle with the rifle/scope. As I shoot mostly at night it very handy. It's also a good pointer for when you go to find bunny in the dark. Try it. You will be amazed. I apologise for the poor phone pic. Paul

Nice job Mel, look a bit tidier than mine :lol: I got fed up with the rifle being jammed between the sticks that's why I made some, they're a big improvement, and yours are a big improvement on mine :lol:

just a couple of tiny refinements mate , your next one would have been the same as lins , lin has sent a pair of them off to dave today , would you like a pair rod ? , thankyou for the lend of the sticks mate , ill drop them back to yours asap.

It's OK Mel, I'll make do with my paupers model :lol: Seriously, thanks for the offer, maybe when I lose the ones I have I'll take you up on the offer. Got to pop down and see you anyway one day, need a bag / sleeve for one of those tablet things with a keyboard, with a pocket on for the charger. You'll need to measure it or keep it as pattern though I assume?

received my leather rifle rests off mel today,his good lady lin has done an absolutely cracking job on them,top quality and "workwomenship"(if theres such a word),tried them in the house and there spot on, they give you that bit more movement with the gun rather than moving the sticks round,strongly recommend them if you shoot off sticks

many thanks to rod for the idea and help with the measurements and mel and lin for putting it together

received my leather rifle rests off mel today,his good lady lin has done an absolutely cracking job on them,top quality and "workwomenship"(if theres such a word),tried them in the house and there spot on, they give you that bit more movement with the gun rather than moving the sticks round,strongly recommend them if you shoot off sticks

many thanks to rod for the idea and help with the measurements and mel and lin for putting it together

im glad that they work ok mate , lin will look at making a few to put in the sales section when she gets a chance , theyre certainly a quick and easy way to get yourself some shooting sticks..

Prices please. Very interested. I've printed mud feet for mine, I'll post some pictures later.

sorry mick , ive only just seen your post mate , we hadnt worked out a price yet (she needs to make a few to get an average construction time) a rough initial guess is about £7.00 each or two for £12.00 , if theyre worth making and their is a demand for them , she will do an initial run and take it from there.

• 4 weeks later...

looking for the metal canes, local garden centre wanted £6 for one!

hello, just to add i was thinking to upgrade mine so i popped into homebase and looked at the next size up from 10 cm green cane ones i use at present which are a bit bendy,the 15cm x 6ft were £2.99 so i think will check out tomorrow, and maybe buy one of those nice leather tops if possable.

hello, just to add i was thinking to upgrade mine so i popped into homebase and looked at the next size up from 10 cm green cane ones i use at present which are a bit bendy,the 15cm x 6ft were £2.99 so i think will check out tomorrow, and maybe buy one of those nice leather tops if possable.

The ones I use from the range are 15mm

• 3 weeks later...

Made some myself last weekend after reading this thread. The 15mm poles cost £2.95 each from a well known store (rhymes with homeface!) and had some inner tube laying around. Used cable ties to stop the rolled up inner tube unrolling.

To top the sticks I didn't have access to heat shrink, but a 700c road bike tube fits tightly when pulled over the top.

Took them for a test an improved my grouping massively! Shooting 3/4 inch groups at 50yards, which for me is good (.17hmr).

Massive thanks to all who've posted ideas previously; best value for money to quickly improve accuracy!

Edited by boratsonator