Caeser Guerini

sishyplops

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concern is new the maxum is £2k under a EELL , the pedigree of the beretta is well know, but I love the look of the maxum, I guess the actions are all the same just side plated, I believe the beretta EELL is made in a different factory to the silver pigs etc, I'm just wondering how they can do it for 2k less, or is the beretta overpriced

There are a lot worse guns than C&G but also a lot better and the eell is one of them. As with all things in life you get what you pay for quality costs. I have a eell that has had around 150k cartridges through it and it is as good today as when I first bought it never been in for service or repairs just cleaned after every outing.If you have your heart set on one then buy one you will not be disappointed but if you like the feel and look of the c&g then go for that.at the end of the day as long as you are happy with what you buy nothing else matters.

For me they are a great gun, although I have recently put my maxum up for sale regrettably (see private sales), but its just not gettin used (young family and all that) it is by far the best gun Ive had or shot, and also supprised a few old boy non believer's at the clay ground's. I will have no hesitations of buying another when time allows. I have only heard of one warranty claim where someone bought a secondhand maxum and found a defect in the stock which looked like a crack in the stock, it turned out to be where the laser which cut the chequering had run over, it was returned through a local rfd and replaced with a new one a week later.

I've changed my views on CGs. So much so that I've just bought a used Challenger and after 3 outings I don't miss anything about the Prevail I was shooting before.

I really liked the Prevail - and said so to anyone who'd listen - but the CGs are simply in a different league when it comes to build quality, fit, finish and attention to detail, plus which it shoots better for me. It's heavier at 8lbs 3oz, has much nicer triggers and just feels like more gun in the hands. The comb is a bit higher too which gives a better view over the rib and targets like crossing and quartering targets seem easier to hit.

Are they overpriced? No more so than most others. I've had 3 Berettas and I wouldn't swap the Challenger for a similarly priced 692, MK38 G5 or Ultra XS. I've owned or tried all of those and for me the CG leaves them standing in several ways so IMO they aren't overpriced.

I have had my eye on an invictus as soon as one comes up close enough to me I will be right there to try it out and most likely buy it,

I like this thread since I have been looking at Caesar guerini for a bit now trying to decide which model to go for and from the ones I have seen they all seem to be finished very well and from what I have heard thier customer service is second to none

I had a Maxum 20 bore game gun 30 ins barrels solid rib for roughly three years Brilliant VFM I bought it new and at the price point there was nothing comparable. Way better than the Beretta equivalents at the time.

Life moved on and I traded it for a Perazzi MX12L which is in a different league but then it should be for the tenners i peeled off. :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Whitebridges

Explain............ Actually no, don't bother because you're kind of right. A slight clarification edit if I may "CG will never be at the same standard as Beretta, Miroku or Browning" :good:

Beretta, Miroku and browning have a proven pedigree it is to early to put cg in the same standard !!!!