6 nations

roostshooter1

I think that final game was the second best I have ever seen...and I've watched a few over the years.

Conor O'Shea said the England France match was the best game of rugby union he had ever watched. It was an unbelievable game (and finale to the 6 nations).

I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm intrigued - if that was your second best, what was the best?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conor O'Shea said the England France match was the best game of rugby union he had ever watched. It was an unbelievable game (and finale to the 6 nations).

I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm intrigued - if that was your second best, what was the best?

When Johnnie kicked the drop goal that won the world cup of course.

When Johnnie kicked the drop goal that won the world cup of course.

Why did I ask .....

I quite honestly think that if England, Ireland and Wales played with the intensity they did yesterday in every match the play they could give any team in the world a run for their money and anyone of the three could lift the World Cup.

I think England will be very hard to beat at Twickenham by any Northern Hemisphere team.

What a day of rugby, fair play to all 3 teams who threw caution to the wind & went all out for victory.

Super goose I know what you mean about the biased reporting, after the England game they kept referring back to "if Hogg hadn't of dropped the ball over the line england would be champions"; no mention of vullopollo (spelling) dropping his try over the line.

World Cup should be a cracker!!!!

Ollie, you could fill a page of "IF only's" after yesterday..If Sexton had of converted his missed conversions...If the dreadful kicking of the French had off been better' ect ect then it would not have been such a tense a finish. The biased reporting always Spoils great Sporting events and it is not just the BBC who are Guilty of this..RTE and the Americans When commentating on a Home fighter are up there with the worst offenders when it comes to Boxing.

Its not like me to spend most of the day inside watching Telly' but I have no regrets about doing just that yesterday. The England V France Game was an amazing finale to the tournament yesterday' When the English had to throw caution to the wind' look what fantastic rugby can be played. Robshaw'Ford and Brown I thought where outstanding' particularly Ford' Both in open play and his Kicking was Flawless. England have a young team and can only get better from here on in.

I think we have to be very thankful for the French effort yesterday. They where not playing for the Championship and could easily have dropped their heads' but they kept fighting right until the end.

The Welsh' done what they had to Do.. Then the Irish done what was required of them..And the English where only a matter of meters away from doing what was required of them.

Pleased Paul O' Connel got a try yesterday and also got to lift the Trophy on his last 6 nations tournament .

Now its over to the Women who are playing Scotland at 13;00 ' But i cant see them making up the Deficit on the French' but then again you never know.

Ollie, you could fill a page of "IF only's" after yesterday..If Sexton had of converted his missed conversions...If the dreadful kicking of the French had off been better' ect ect then it would not have been such a tense a finish. The biased reporting always Spoils great Sporting events and it is not just the BBC who are Guilty of this..RTE and the Americans When commentating on a Home fighter are up there with the worst offenders when it comes to Boxing.

Its not like me to spend most of the day inside watching Telly' but I have no regrets about doing just that yesterday. The England V France Game was an amazing finale to the tournament yesterday' When the English had to throw caution to the wind' look what fantastic rugby can be played. Robshaw'Ford and Brown I thought where outstanding' particularly Ford' Both in open play and his Kicking was Flawless. England have a young team and can only get better from here on in.

I think we have to be very thankful for the French effort yesterday. They where not playing for the Championship and could easily have dropped their heads' but they kept fighting right until the end.

The Welsh' done what they had to Do.. Then the Irish done what was required of them..And the English where only a matter of meters away from doing what was required of them.

Pleased Paul O' Connel got a try yesterday and also got to lift the Trophy on his last 6 nations tournament .

Now its over to the Women who are playing Scotland at 13;00 ' But i cant see them making up the Deficit on the French' but then again you never know.

Exactly...if my Granny hada had nuts, she'd be my Granda!!!

Ford is class and seems to have an extra half a second on the ball which is rare.I must disagree however with his and Youngs kicking,it is mostly too often and too deep.

Biggar has come on leaps and bounds......

Well done Ireland,with a much smaller squad Schmidt gets a huge amount out of it,POC/Best/OBrian/Carney are world class.....

This world cup is pretty open but I do think The Northern Hemisphere teams must not kick as much as giving quality ball to NZ/Aus/SA will hurt big time.........