The PW Boating Thread

thepasty

Mine is bolted through but some seariders have 2 or even 3 sets drilled for some reason.

I don't think they were made professionally.....

I've also seen some ribs with the transom cut down and dangerously close to the waterline, good luck, hope you get an answer.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hah, just spotted the Boatee thread.

i have my eye on a rubber dinghy advertised on E bay, a Bark BT 330 and asked the seller a question as to what outboard I would need, a long shaft or short.

The answer came back, "The transon is adjustable and measure approximately 508mm" !

What can anybody make of that ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like he's uneasy to commit as he doesnt know!

Quick google search and you get a transom height of 38cm, with that you can workout the shaft length (short surely).

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://bark.in.ua/catalog/motornie-naduvnie-lodki-pvh-s-reechnim-nastilom/bt-330-motornaya-naduvnaya-lodka-bark-chetiryohmestnaya&prev=search

Great price too at £132... anyone passing through the Ukraine soon?

Edited by thepasty

Wow, thanks Pasty, that really is something and looking at the Ukrainian web site there is a much better one, the BN36S which takes up to a 25hp outboard.

The 360S is advertised in Uk at £599 so still a good buy.

I think I'd like to see one first but Edinburgh is a bit far for me to just pop in on a whim.

I thought I'd start the season by cutting a big hole out of the stern :hmm:

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=21ca6d1cf58f0d6bc1328b1c085a6476&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=305535&p=2760559&md5check=507936ffec4d949303bc37c490d4cee7&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,WCoTaI3Ds4Y'); //]]></script>2015-02-15%2012.03.53%20%28Small%29.jpg&&0

Like the new wheel position :lol:

A boat thread? What an excellent idea! I've had many loves over the years. The first was a 14' Dijon that went by the name of 'Lucy'. She was good fun but sad to say we soon outgrew her. Had a rib with twin 25hp outboards on which we then changed for a Tohatsu 70. It absolutely flew along. 30 knots easy. We then changed that for 3 jet ski's (Wave Runner 760's). Again, very good fun but you couldn't do a great deal other than go fast and jump waves, etc. This was before they became accepted as there was a lot of anti feeling toward them. We had planned to take them down the Thames for the Millennium but the Port of London Authority (notably Rear Admiral Gordon) said otherwise. Had a Rada 16 after that as well as a mix of smallish boats.

A mate of mine went bigger with his and has had a 24 & 29 motor cruiser of some sort. The latter we took round the Isle of Wight on day as he had it moored at Chichester marina and that was such a good day.

The current one is a Hobie Adventure Island, here - adventure-island-studio-3-4-red-hibiscus

It's basically a pimped up kayak but it is such good fun but looking to possibly get something which is a little easier to transport or even trailer.

A boat thread? What an excellent idea! I've had many loves over the years. The first was a 14' Dijon that went by the name of 'Lucy'. She was good fun but sad to say we soon outgrew her. Had a rib with twin 25hp outboards on which we then changed for a Tohatsu 70. It absolutely flew along. 30 knots easy. We then changed that for 3 jet ski's (Wave Runner 760's). Again, very good fun but you couldn't do a great deal other than go fast and jump waves, etc. This was before they became accepted as there was a lot of anti feeling toward them. We had planned to take them down the Thames for the Millennium but the Port of London Authority (notably Rear Admiral Gordon) said otherwise. Had a Rada 16 after that as well as a mix of smallish boats.

A mate of mine went bigger with his and has had a 24 & 29 motor cruiser of some sort. The latter we took round the Isle of Wight on day as he had it moored at Chichester marina and that was such a good day.

The current one is a Hobie Adventure Island, here adventure-island-studio-3-4-red-hibiscus&&0

It's basically a pimped up kayak but it is such good fun but looking to possibly get something which is a little easier to transport or even trailer.

When I was a youngster, my brothers and I homemade a double outrigger so that we could sail our double canoe, previously only used on inland waterways, on the sea.

It was reasonably quick, but, because of the length would only turn by gybeing.

Father banned us from using it

Edited by amateur

Well spotted! were you there when the mackerel were chasing the white bait up the beach? The bay was boiling with fish!

Proustock is my local beach, bit stoney but that keeps the hordes of beaching visitors away. ;)

It's been many years but is Porthoustock the place with the quarry and few places to fish with really deep water at your feet?