4X4 Road Tax

dusk2dawn

If any of you have 4x4 road tax expiring this month, as I have, it might be worth doing now because the budget is due and I am told they are going to greatly increase the road tax.

Most unfair tax anyway, they should introduce an agricultural band as they had years ago for genuine farm 4X4 vehicles.

:oops: D2D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be like last time though, and the increases only applicable to post 2004 or thereabouts cars?

I bloody well hope so - if not - did I buy a 4x4 at the wrong flaming time :) :o :/:yes:

Still its another chunk of the electorate he will alienate hopefully which increases the chances of them failing to get another term :oops:

Not much chance of that I'm afraid... Hell, my Frontera get 37 to the gallon and that's better than a lot of the ****e chav-mobiles near me. How come he doesn't tax them off the road?

The Telegraph was saying that he's put up taxes (of various sorts) 99 times since labour got in and he's preparing to do it again. Another load of money that will come of my wage packet. Damn him!

You have to steer with your knees, but the frontera's got enough space in the front that you can actually open a broadsheet!

I think my Fronty is going to get SORN'd as soon as the replacement arrives (which is a 3.0TDI 4x4, oh well)......

Si

It is a right rip off for those with genuine working vechiles.

However on the flip side there will may be less mums on the 1/4 mile school run who are too busy shouting at the kids to concentrate on the road, getting hit by a Fiesta might give you more of a chance!

Yeah, two of them at the office these days (assuming SimonP actually bothers turning up!), As they are both the same colour, it can get a bit confusing.

Really nice car though and very handy for carrying all the **** that shooting and wakeboarding seems to require. I'll see if I can dig out the photo of me winching out of the back of it.

What about the little Suzuki Jimny 1.3 petrol, how will that fare?

The day it can take a ton of gravel in the back and still move, I'll think about it. I need 4x4 pick up for my living, as do a few more of us on here. Why are they so bad? What about mr Merc S500 and mrs Bentley? Oh, I forgot, the blokes who make the rules drive them so they'll be fine :oops:

Pfff. Another stealth tax riding on the current popular opinion that all 4x4 drivers should be stoned to death and that if it's "green" the government are morally entitled to do it.

It's about tax and there's more to come. All those people not smoking past July - a big tax loss which needs to be met.

The bloke from Ryan Air read the writing right.

what do these different bands mean G , F .

I drive a 2.5 diesal disco and 3.1 trooper , will these be affected .

and yes i do need them , as i have to go off road farm track every day , plus use them for towing the horse trailer , plus shoot access .