Bill Oddy wildlife expert?

panoma1

Periodically there is a post on this site referring to Bill Oddie. This unleashes an immediate outpouring of hate and vitriol directed against him for no obvious reason that I can identify. It is invariably the same posters who indulge in this puerile nonsense.

Grow up and get a life!

Get out of bed the wrong side this morning treacle? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I've ever commented on him before but the fact remains that he's a vice president of the League Against Cruel Sports and is prone to castigating those of us who like country sports. He also comes out with blinders like this, which has no basis of knowledge of any sort, which he conveniently tweeted about an hour ago:

Meanwhile, we allow millions of "tame" pheasants, partridges and grouse to be shot in UK for 'fun'.

Hence my comments!

Edited by tomov

Periodically there is a post on this site referring to Bill Oddie. This unleashes an immediate outpouring of hate and vitriol directed against him for no obvious reason that I can identify. It is invariably the same posters who indulge in this puerile nonsense.

Grow up and get a life!

The man is poison, and he wastes no time in injecting that poison at each and every opportunity he gets.

He was on Radio 2's 'What makes us Human' series last year, and he spent the first minute of it in a rant against those who shoot living creatures for 'sport', along with all the usual inaccurate bile that most antis spew out. I despise the man intensely, and any and all in public life who use their privileged positions as so called celebrities of fame/influence, by using that position as a platform to push their personal bias and agendas.

If he doesn't like what we do, then fair enough, but he doesn't even have the integrity to get his facts right and do it with honesty. But to use a nationwide media platform to express his personal views isn't on, in my book, at least not unless he invites someone with opposing views to express theirs also.

Edited by Scully

Grow up and get a life!

If you can't work it out by now then maybe you should 'get a life'.

Wait until you get another Bryan May thread.

Grow up and get a life!

You may not be able identify a reason......but many fieldsports enthusiasts apparantly can!.........

Grow up and get a life!

just ignore him . Bill oddie that is :rolleyes:

Edited by coatesy75

He's sufferred deppression since being booted orf spring watch.

Wasn't he booted off for and undisclosed 'incident' while filming in Dorset?

They were probably trying to find a reason to get rid of him after all the complaints he generated with his sexual innuendo's whilst filming, or maybe it was his defending of Rolf Harris when he was convicted of 12 counts of indecent assault. According to Oddie it was perfectly ok for Rolf to want a 'cuddle' as his wife was ill at the time.

Either way, he's a bad 'un and should be discredited at every opportunity.

Wasn't he booted off for and undisclosed 'incident' while filming in Dorset?

They were probably trying to find a reason to get rid of him after all the complaints he generated with his sexual innuendo's whilst filming, or maybe it was his defending of Rolf Harris when he was convicted of 12 counts of indecent assault. According to Oddie it was perfectly ok for Rolf to want a 'cuddle' as his wife was ill at the time.

Either way, he's a bad 'un and should be discredited at every opportunity.

Really? The plot thickens. Dirty Billy :-(

Edited by ack-ack

And an unfeasibly large cheese cutter?

Actually he probably advocated returning the Somerset levels to the flooded wasteland his birds would enjoy - does that make him an Agent of the Environment or an Environment Agency.

Is he married, other than to his shorts ?

Edited by jimmydean