free to the right home 4 month old black lab bitch

washwildfowler

i hope this is ok to post in hear ..

right iv'e had a young black lab bitch returned to me through no fault of her own , the sire is my own dog who's used for fowling , picking up ,the dam is a friends also used for fowling and picking up..

there's lads on hear who can vouch for my dogs working ability . the bitch is a very good worker also .. there's no paper work with the pup ,she's all up to date with her jabs and flea'd and wormed to date also ..

iv'e put her in the wildfowling section as i would like her to got to a wildfowling home because that's what she was bred for ...

she will not go to just anyone the home will be vetted and you will have to ask all the right questions .. she's a grand little bitch who just needs a good stable home, she will need some manners bought to her .

please don't ask for a photo because i think if you are generally interested you will want to meet her in person ...

i would keep her myself but has some of you know on hear , iv'e got my hands full with a brown monster lol

please only contact me if you are generally interested .

she will be free to the right home ..

location lincolnshire ..

thanks for looking . WW

I can certainly vouch for the pups sires working ability , a fantastic dog that does not give up even when on the most difficult of retrieves .

As washwildfowler knows the only thing stopping me having her is the fact I do not have a spare kennel and run ready, which I am quite gutted about !

WOW i was not expecting a great amount of interest , thanks to all that has messaged me , i think out of the 37 messages sent i'm hoping that one is her new owner thanks to all who has shown interest ..but please no more messages .. iv'e 3 people coming tomorrow to see her if they do not work out i will work my way down the list ..

many thanks WW

I can certainly vouch for the pups sires working ability , a fantastic dog that does not give up even when on the most difficult of retrieves .

As washwildfowler knows the only thing stopping me having her is the fact I do not have a spare kennel and run ready, which I am quite gutted about !

i must say fenboy was the first person i offered the young bitch to , but he's been honest about his situation so far play ....

Is giving it away the best way to find a good home?

In a way yes,

You may have someone who would be the best choice for her but may not be able to afford the fee,

OR

you may get someone that can afford her only to find they wouldn't be as good for her,

But to rule someone out because they havn't got the funds would be a shame

Washwildfowler I hope you find forever home soon :)

:shaun:

In a way yes,

You may have someone who would be the best choice for her but may not be able to afford the fee,

OR

you may get someone that can afford her only to find they wouldn't be as good for her,

But to rule someone out because they havn't got the funds would be a shame

Washwildfowler I hope you find forever home soon :)

:shaun:

Being able to spend money does not make the best owners or trainers and I agree with above post

It does when the dog needs vetinary care at some point. What then?

Nevertheless it's a very kind gesture by the OP.

I agree with what you say as for vet bills no expense spared and any decent owner would move heaven and earth to look after his shooting companion

It does when the dog needs vetinary care at some point. What then?

Nevertheless it's a very kind gesture by the OP.

Somebody has got a good start by saving several £100 , good labs in general go from £450-£800 , plenty of people may struggle to find that sort of lump sum yet be able to find £20-£30 a month for insurance

granted this pup has no papers so would not command that high a price but even so it is likely to be a cracking dog if it comes close to its parents , the fact it has no papers may also stop people buying it for the wrong reason .

As above it was offered to me and if I had started the double kennel I had intended to build over this summer / autumn or if I had a bitch and not a dog I would have took his hand off , I know however that WW will ensure it only goes to a home where it is going to get the treatment and work it needs / deserves .

Edited by fenboy

Is giving it away the best way to find a good home?

This litter of pups was not bred for £££ they was all gifted to friends who all shot .mainly fowling and some of there friends also . I had pick of the litter for stud .. i didn't want anything for the use of my dog . But i was told i had to . So i gave it to a young lad who has been wildfowling for only 3 years . Now instead of asking me or any of his other friends to help train the young bitch . ( we all offerd to help ) he didn't . And now the bitch has become the boss of the house ..

She's now in my kennels .I've had her out for a hour late afternoon spent a bit of time with her . She soon started to listen and take notice .. so it's not going to be that hard to teach her the basics ..

Like i said the person will be vetted and vetted well by the wife she's no fool .. lol

It's good to see plenty of interest and hope she gets her forever home. I love dogs but the one I have is enough for me at present. Besides my dog has taken to our personality and is proper lazy. I couldn't offer a lab the lifestyle it needs even though I have the room. Top job.

Well there was 2 no shows today . so it's there loss .. Then a very nice young couple turned up with there young family .. And 4 of there dogs they had travelled 267 miles one way to come see the young bitch .. They took her for a long walk on there own with the family and there dogs .. They got on really well .they asked all the right questions .. We went for some lunch at the local pub and after a long chat . we decide they where ideal for the young pup..

They've ask to remain anonymous which is far play to them ..

I would like to thank all those who showed interest in the young pup . she now has a great new home ..

Ww

Edited by washwildfowler