Printer/scanner/copier.

Cranfield

I am looking for a reasonably priced printer/scanner/copier that can print from my PC, as well as stand alone.

The choice seems to be overwhelming , with prices up to £200.

Has anyone a personal recommendation for a suitable product , with hopefully cheap (bootleg if necessary) ink costs.

Guest Mick.j

Epsom 'all in one for me' - Never had any problems but ink can be expensive?? Also some people think that the lower end models are 'slow'. Never bothered me as its for home use only

I am looking for a reasonably priced printer/scanner/copier that can print from my PC, as well as stand alone.

The choice seems to be overwhelming , with prices up to £200.

Has anyone a personal recommendation for a suitable product , with hopefully cheap (bootleg if necessary) ink costs.

Hallo Mr Cranfield, I have an Epson SX415 I used it a lot for business, invoices etc. still going strong now I'm retired, ink from "Inkcredible", e~bay, cheep as chips. The printer was a replacement from the Epson model prior to the SX415, prints, scans, copies, was about £80. I personally would not hesitate to replace it with Epson's upgrade, well happy. P.S. will work as stand alone.

Hallo Mr Cranfield, I have an Epson SX415 I used it a lot for business, invoices etc. still going strong now I'm retired, ink from "Inkcredible", e~bay, cheep as chips. The printer was a replacement from the Epson model prior to the SX415, prints, scans, copies, was about £80. I personally would not hesitate to replace it with Epson's upgrade, well happy. P.S. will work as stand alone.

Sorry forgot ink; 3 x colours and two blacks times 6 = 30 cartridges £14,

printer takes 3xcolours and 1x black.

Which ever you choose, my advice from very sad experiences over the years is never buy re manufactured cartridges?

Every time I have done this the printers of various makes have ended up scrapped within a couple of months.

Currently running a Canon MG3200 with no problems using a second set of Canon cartridges.

I've had an hp,lexmark and Epson

and i have stayed with Epson because the dpi is higher than any other

single ink cartridges, so if one colour runs out you only have to replace that one colour

only downside is you can`t use any old photo paper in them

you have to use Epson or be very careful what you buy

but the finished photo is unbelievable

Whatever you buy work out running costs based on genuine cartridges. Drill and fills won't give anywhere near the print quality, it is often quoted but with inkjets the cartridge is a huge percentage of the technology involved in the process. The rest if the printer is just the to move them about.

I have a Brother 385C which has worked tirelessly over many years doing the sort of tasks you require. Now superseded by Brother MFC J470DW. I chose it because it came complete with "Paperport" software which allows you to prescan and then crop selected pieces of a doc and then drag and drop it into an Optical character Reader icon to convert to a word doc format. Very useful facility.

My son bought me a HP out of Tescos about 3 years ago, think it was about forty quid, its never missed a beat.

Ive had the same one HP for the last couple of years it blue toothed to my PC so no cables and the ink is cheap...

think i paid about £38 from Pcworld