Restocking an Over Under

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Evening all,

Long time no update. Bet you thought youd seen the ast of me, but alas i have returned. I may as well get my excuses in so... The Mrs, Work, the car, the shower, the dogs, the kids balh blah blah blah blah blah.

But here is a small update with the stock having had the butt pad fitted (its covered in sawdust hence brown) and the overall finish sanded nice and smooth. And then i started the checkering. Its only had the first pass and so is still flat topped.

Regards

SS

E96F15E1-01C0-4316-9132-6F25B21661C1_zps

86030453-B039-48DF-8DAA-586A31415D1E_zps

26D3AC12-4CDD-45C4-B3F2-E73D514BE158_zps

2A00E595-8994-4EAA-814A-38738CFA2C14_zps

Evening all,

Long time no update. Bet you thought youd seen the ast of me, but alas i have returned. I may as well get my excuses in so... The Mrs, Work, the car, the shower, the dogs, the kids balh blah blah blah blah blah.

But here is a small update with the stock having had the butt pad fitted (its covered in sawdust hence brown) and the overall finish sanded nice and smooth. And then i started the checkering. Its only had the first pass and so is still flat topped.

Regards

SS

Thanks for the offer but NO THANKS!

I know what you do for a living so that one's out!

Lovely woodwork though, keep up the good work mate!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for being quiet i have actually been really busy and yes i will be doing the forend! Hopefully before the next clay season starts lol :lol:. Seems to take me a long time to get anything done ha. Ive actualy bought myself a small lathe and will be making myself some adjustable comb hardware although im a little afraid of cutting it up now. Ill keep you all posted as soon as ive got any more progress to show.

All the best

SS

• 4 weeks later...