Cancelled sky, what to do?

markm

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sky tv,,,,robbers is an understatement,,

it was costing me £1100 per month to have that useless load of carp in pur pub,,all people wanted to watch was the football,

did it cover itself cost wise per month,,,,,,,, NO

so told them to shove it as far up their backsides as they could,,

3 months later they are asking me to re install it and it will now cost me £520 per month

do me a favour sky,,,,,,,,,, kiss my backside

I recently Cancelled my sky too, back in Dec 14. I now have emails nearly every day offering 60% off full package plus £100 credit! Still... i say to them everytime they call me 'Not interested unless 30day rolling contract and £10 a month' they might bite.... but to be honest... now I don't have sky, i don't miss it.

We had the failing to record problem and couldn't sort it till we took the hdmi lead out and put a scart in now it works. Apparently there is a problem with some tv's after sky updated, loads on the net about it.

Can you give me a link to that stuff on the net, please?

Thanks to this thread I binned Sky yesterday as well, I had TV, broadband and phone, but now the TV part has gone and they more than halved their price on BB and gave me a £50 bill credit too.

The TV bit was £55/month and they offered to reduce it to £38.50, but it is still too much. As a few have said TV can be simply be a bad and lazy habit and to pay £660/year, as I was doing, is just stupidity on my part. I will buy a Linux based satellite receiver and watch free to air channels and Internet streaming.

We have 3 sky boxes with all the packages (except sports), just got a letter before the weekend saying Sky is going up to £75 a month. I phoned Sky yesterday and as I have been such a good customer they would drop it down to £57 a month and decided to call their bluff and cancelled.

I have a month left and after that point does anyone know if they will come back to me with a better deal? Or what is the alternative. Could my wife take out a new subscription and get over £100 back from top cash back, vouchers for M&S plus the deal for new subscribers?

Where 2 of the boxes are located there are xbox ones. I've heard there is an app for now tv, anyone use it? Both of these places have good wifi signal.

The third box is at the opposite end to the house and doesn't get that good a signal.

Ideas?

GET URSELF A SMART TV BOX (m8) there £80 and u get everything on it sports documentaries normal TV any film u can think of new or old films that aren't even out yet,, Netflix aswel there brilliant we got rid ov Sky 2 months ago and now it's paid for itself.

We will probably ditch Sky this summer - when footy season over - and see how we get on with free view. We have BT broadband and tv linked to that so will get BT Sports free. Might miss movie chanels but no doubt Sky will be offering deals which might temp us as the nights start to draw in.

You can put sky movies on the bt box if you have fiber,

Have you had your letter about the mobile sims yet ? Lol