Election forecast result

chrisjh

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was brilliant, despite leaving school in 1983, i was only out of work for 3 months and have always done well under the Tories. Glad you agree at last KW.

Yes that last bit was irony but thought i had better explain it as you seemed to struggle with hypocrisy last night :lol::lol:

Always someone else's fault like those poor people that spanked every loan etc hoping that the house would keep up and pay for it....

I agree about the endowment scandal, just about everyone was pulled in with that.

Best PM since Churchill...could do with someone of her stature, determination and grit now.

Even Nige is a big admirer..

I think she was used as a scapegoat by the militants when she died, just to try and deflect attention from the mess the Labour Party had got us into.

Wasn't afraid to make tough decisions and stand by the outcome good or bad

Plus she did something the English football team could never do... wupped the Argies and sent them back to Buenos Aries with their tales between there legs.

perhaps the poverty was connected to all those ex council house tenants who were no longer tenants but council house owners faced with a mortgage they couldnt pay and equity that was decreasing :unhappy: just saying :)

i bought a council property way back, the mortgage i believe was cheaper than my rent and i done ok out of it since thatcher would be proud :lol:

Edited by overandunder2012

i bought a council property way back, the mortgage i believe was cheaper than my rent and i done ok out of it since thatcher would be proud :lol:

Same as my uncle, he was a miner but loved Maggie because he got the chance to buy his house. For once he was not beholden to the NCB or the council.

Yes mate my comment about council houses was very much tongue in cheek, I am 100% behind people with the foresight to take advantage of a gift from the government, but perhaps the huge borrowing that went on in the late eighties coupled with the crash in house prices did end in poverty for many.

Same as my uncle, he was a miner but loved Maggie because he got the chance to buy his house. For once he was not beholden to the NCB or the council.

i cant say i liked let alone loved thatcher in fact i thought she was barking mad :lol: but the right to buy did start me on the property ladder and its now 1 of a few properties i have and i get a fair rent out of it :good: probably not what the government intended people should do with these properties but thats the way it goes hey ho. buying them 1/2 price was a right result i wish i could have bought more of em :good:

cheers maggie selling of your housing stock half price was a great idea :lol:

Edited by overandunder2012

Yes mate my comment about council houses was very much tongue in cheek, I am 100% behind people with the foresight to take advantage of a gift from the government, but perhaps the huge borrowing that went on in the late eighties coupled with the crash in house prices did end in poverty for many.

Sadly, apparent get rich quick schemes have a nasty habit of drawing in the gullible, the ill informed and the wistful optimists.

That is why i also get very angry at politics and politicians, they make promise that cannot be delivered and write promissory cheques that can't be cashed to secure the vote of the ignorant and naive.

It is shameful and extends to every party, although not every politician.

I was watching the dreadful events on the TV from Nepal when the door bell rang....

It was the local UKIP candidate and a couple of her oppos canvassing for votes...

Her; "Hello Im.........local UKIP candidate....our policies are immigration blah blah blah...... illegal immigrants....blah blah blah...Europe...blah blah blah....."

Me; "Sorry let me stop you there ...just step in side a second and have a look at these pictures....you want a cessation to foreign aid do you not"....

Her; "well er yes...er no... er well...er blah blah blah...."

Me; "If I were you I would get down the job centre and start looking for a proper job."

Edited by Fisherman Mike

I was watching the dreadful events on the TV from Nepal when the door bell rang....

It was the local UKIP candidate and a couple of her oppos canvassing for votes...

Her; "Hello Im.........local UKIP candidate....our policies are immigration blah blah blah...... illegal immigrants....blah blah blah...Europe...blah blah blah....."

Me; "Sorry let me stop you there ...just step in side a second and have a look at these pictures....you want a cessation to foreign aid do you not"....

Me; "If I were you I would get down the job centre and start looking for a proper job."

Are we supposed to understand?,did you show her those pictures of you in your stained y fronts?,you know the Judge said you shouldn't get them out in female company :lol:

I think foreign aid and disaster assistance are a different thing, I believe you know that also, its also strange that UKIP want to us deal better with genuine refugees such as the poor souls trying to get out of Syria, its just a shame other parties and those here cant see that, or more to the point wont recognise the difference between genuine help and outright bribery, so sorry dont understand why you gave her grief over the sad events in Nepal. as UKIP would probably offer more assistance

thought the costwolds candidate was bloke , Chris something or other?

KW

Edited by kdubya

Really? How convenient.

I think foreign aid and disaster assistance are a different thing, I believe you know that also, its also strange that UKIP want to us deal better with genuine refugees such as the poor souls trying to get out of Syria, its just a shame other parties and those here cant see that, or more to the point wont recognise the difference between genuine help and outright bribery, so sorry dont understand why you gave her grief over the sad events in Nepal. as UKIP would probably offer more assistance

thought the costwolds candidate was bloke , Chris something or other?

KW

Unlikely unless he's a cross dressing transvestite.... doubt very much if he or she would be a Ukip supporter if that were the case though. :lol:

Unlikely unless he's a cross dressing transvestite.... doubt very much if he or she would be a Ukip supporter if that were the case though. :lol:

Christopher Harlow ( a chap :yes: is UKIPs cotswold candidate) are you not confusing UKIP with the greens ?

http://www.ukipcotswolds.co.uk/

https://yournextmp.com/person/4610/penny-burgess

Edited by kdubya

Christopher Harlow ( a chap :yes: is UKIPs cotswold candidate) are you not confusing UKIP with the greens ?

http://www.ukipcotswolds.co.uk/

https://yournextmp.com/person/4610/penny-burgess

:lol::lol: Think outside the box... I live in the Cotswolds. Its a pretty big area. We have more than one constituency. I believe her name was Caroline Stephens

Earlier I was fast asleep and having a dream in which the door bell rang....

Fixed it for you :lol::lol:

From what I can see the only thing that can be said is both labour and conservatives have failed multiple times so I'm giving ukip a chance.

It is a democracy so vote as you see fit but I can't help wincing when I read that. It's not really aimed at you as there have been many posts along the same lines, but I ask myself, have they really failed multiple times?

If you look at the bigger picture and take into consideration world events and our history, do you not think that we have actually done pretty well over the last 20 or so years? Yes, there are problems, people are worried about immigration, Europe and the economy and the government cannot get things right 100% of the time but surely the big problems are more than any one government could have controlled. We are doing much better than most other European countries, we have a stable prosperous country that has influence globally, much more than it should, and we are among the global leaders in education, technology, science, engineering etc. In short, Britain ain't a bad place to live, and it doesn't look like we are heading down the toilet to me.

We have much more to loose than we have to gain.

It is a democracy so vote as you see fit but I can't help wincing when I read that. It's not really aimed at you as there have been many posts along the same lines, but I ask myself, have they really failed multiple times?

If you look at the bigger picture and take into consideration world events and our history, do you not think that we have actually done pretty well over the last 20 or so years? Yes, there are problems, people are worried about immigration, Europe and the economy and the government cannot get things right 100% of the time but surely the big problems are more than any one government could have controlled. We are doing much better than most other European countries, we have a stable prosperous country that has influence globally, much more than it should, and we are among the global leaders in education, technology, science, engineering etc. In short, Britain ain't a bad place to live, and it doesn't look like we are heading down the toilet to me.

We have much more to loose than we have to gain.

Very well said.