First dance

Livefast123

You won't even notice buddy, everything takes over on the big day and it passes in a whirl. Don't even give it a second thought.

Now me ! My daughter gets married in August and I have to write a speech :sad1: I don't do public speaking :crazy:

I got wedd 3yr ago.

I can remember most of the day but it does fly by in a blur. The first dance isnt scary, we danced to Adele - Love Song. I cant dance for toffee but we danced and it was perfect. People will join you after a bit and you forget your fears.

I hope you both have a fabulous day and enjoy every minute of it.

Oh and a bevy or two can help lol 😉

You won't even notice buddy, everything takes over on the big day and it passes in a whirl. Don't even give it a second thought.

Now me ! My daughter gets married in August and I have to write a speech :sad1: I don't do public speaking :crazy:

Mine too and me neither :yes:

Brief a few of your mates and partners to join in half way through, so it don't drag on forever! I hated it, only thing that bothered me, I'm happy public speaking etc so speech was no issue, after a few beers it doesn't matter to much anyway. You can worry to much, just kick back and enjoy it, it's Your day.

my wife picked our first dance.... boy do i regret that. lol

all joking aside, it was actually ok. she had walked down the aisle to a sound of a cello and piano playing 'a thousand years' by the piano guys/christina perri being covered live by a couple of friends (she's a twilite fan...)

so she decided upon 'a thousand years part 2' for our first dance. its basically the same song but with different lyrics.

either way, we dont really remember anyone else being there as we danced.

with regards to dancing, the old 2 step shuffle worked well, with a couple of twirls thrown in for good measure... :lol:

As others have said the day goes by so so quick and you just wont get to speak to everyone, its just not possible.

Keep the speach`s short, people are there to enjoy the day and your company/food/drink not to hear you go on for ages. My speach at our wedding 2 years ago wasnt more than a minute long as I dont do public speaking and they wanted there beer and food like me so it was better all around that way.

We danced nice and slowley to Jason Mraz - I wont give up, a gently sort of swaying dance. Family and freinds joined in half way threw and it was nice to see my new wife dance with my dad and see him take her under his wing as basically another daughter ! :yes:

So ................... what's the answer ???? ???? Panic ? Run away ? :no: nah, I'll just do my best and she'll be more than happy that pa's tried his best :good:

Yes I guess that is the option I will take, me stuttering away for a few minutes is nothing as long as she has a day to remember.

three or four years ago , i was working as a doorman at a wedding at a country club , the first dance was dirty dancing , about thirty or forty of the wedding party lined up for a perfectly synchronized dance.

they were all very good dancers and it was very very impressive .

on a side note , i have never seen a wedding that was enjoyed more , i have also never seen so many stunning women in one room :yes: .