Labour Candidate Sth Norfolk (Deborah Sachs)

norfolk dumpling

Had an interesting exchange of emails with Ms Sachs which any of you in this constituency should be aware of. Ms S doesn't appear to know anything about our sport which is ok albeit a little disappointing given she lives is a rural location. When asked specifically about gun ownership and the sport of game shooting she trotted off the exact same words her leaders have quoted to BASC. She obviously doesn't have an original thought or comment to add EXCEPT she recently spoke to a policeman (!) who said licence fees were too low and we must expect to pay much more!!

I did say I would share her comments widely on the various blogs I supported and this would cost her votes.

Had an interesting exchange of emails with Ms Sachs which any of you in this constituency should be aware of. Ms S doesn't appear to know anything about our sport which is ok albeit a little disappointing given she lives is a rural location. When asked specifically about gun ownership and the sport of game shooting she trotted off the exact same words her leaders have quoted to BASC. She obviously doesn't have an original thought or comment to add EXCEPT she recently spoke to a policeman (!) who said licence fees were too low and we must expect to pay much more!!

I did say I would share her comments widely on the various blogs I supported and this would cost her votes.

It's heartening to realise there are shooters out there who are actually prepared to do something. Good for you. :good:

Although in this election I will vote Tory - none of the minority parties have anything to offer me and I would not vote Labour with so many of the Blair Babes still around - it would have been encouraging to see a prospective Labour candidate who had an inkling of what went on in the countryside around her. Oh, and before I'd mentioned my interests, she mentioned she "had heard of a lot of wildlife crimes by people involved in shooting". I have more respect for the Greens who at least are clear on their opposition to all forms of animal 'exploitation' as they describe it.

To be fair, she told you the party's official policy, quite rightly. It's not her fault if it's a bit woolly. And it hasn't cost her any votes, because neither you nor any of your shooting friends or any but half a dozen of us on here were ever going to vote for her or her Labour counterparts elsewhere anyway.

That's party politics........you vote for the candidate you want to represent you, when elected they will never represent your interests unless it follows the party line, irrespective of what you want or they personally believe......if they don't do as they are instructed by the party they will sink into oblivion and never get up the greasy pole..........so all you ever get is a bunch of morally corrupt self serving prostitutes with their noses in the trough of food we pay for!

Lets be honest would you really expect her to know anything about pigeon and other game shooting, I'm sure Mrs SACKS like most politicians, have more serious issues to worry about other than the weekend pastime of a absolute minority.

What do you know about regional politics. ? :whistling:

You might have got a better response if you actually got her name right which is a little disappointing given you live in the same rural location. :lol:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Interesting how there are some PW members who are really nice and pleasant towards their fellow human beings and then there are...... Those like Fisherman Mike who find fault with everything. I am guessing that he sets himself up for each new day by arguing with his face in the mirror. So sorry about the typo. I apologise profusely to Ms Sacks who seems to be a good friend of FM - she may be his only friend of course so I wish them well.

Interesting how there are some PW members who are really nice and pleasant towards their fellow human beings and then there are...... Those like Fisherman Mike who find fault with everything. I am guessing that he sets himself up for each new day by arguing with his face in the mirror. So sorry about the typo. I apologise profusely to Ms Sacks who seems to be a good friend of FM - she may be his only friend of course so I wish them well.

:lol:

I have no idea who she is so thanks for the heads up, but I really don't think we'll have to worry too much about it, 'ol dikky bacon has been in since time out of mind

I'm sorry I'm going to have to agree with Mike on this one. You expect your local candidate to be knowledgeable about every subject that effects the county?.

If anything I'd of taken this as an opportunity to perhaps voice a friendly opinion and try and persuade her to become more involved? maybe pointing out that BASC is an excellent resource try and get her in contact with them, as they often take out MP’s and give them shooting introductions, etc.

I mean what came out of this? Rather than showing that shooters are a generally nice and pleasant bunch, you sounded like you where a bit of a grumpy ***, and that will frankly never make anyone change their mind about anything.

And, though it's an unfair comment she'd made, I do reckon that the largest percentage of committed wildlife crimes are probably done by people within the shooting community, - but only in the same way most traffic offences are committed by motorists (i.e. a few rotten apples spoiling the barrel).

I'm guessing for this critism of yours to be remotely fair, you must of phoned up the Tory candiate and chatted to him, what did he have to say?

Edited by Bleeh

My biggest issue with her comments is that she just trotted off the same mantra as her leaders without even giving a single thought to her constituency and the possible impact her comments might have were we/I to share these wider. Yes I did ask Tory views but only to contrast with the other lot.

Personally I've got a nasty feeling we may end up with a coalition which will see the end or severely restrict our sport and I do care about this but I'm not sure all PW members have thought this through.

:lol::lol: Don't be so hard on yourself, me find fault in everything?...that's a good one, you would be hard pressed to find a kinder and more charitable bloke :innocent: on this forum believe me..

I only try to balance the extreme political views of you kippers with reason and enlightenment..

Some one has to stand up to the radicals and represent the ordinary bloke.( or blokess) :yes:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

My biggest issue with her comments is that she just trotted off the same mantra as her leaders without even giving a single thought to her constituency and the possible impact her comments might have were we/I to share these wider. Yes I did ask Tory views but only to contrast with the other lot.

Personally I've got a nasty feeling we may end up with a coalition which will see the end or severely restrict our sport and I do care about this but I'm not sure all PW members have thought this through.

I think you have hit the nail firmly on the head and agree with you... This forum is a Country Sports forum not a political platform for militant derision...surely we should be voting for the Party that best represents us , our pastime, sport, or call it what you will and preserve the countryside for future generations..

I personally don't believe Labour, Ukip, Lib Dem, SNP, Scream Lord Such's Monster Raving Loony Party, or The Greens are that party.

So like I mentioned before its like Turkeys voting for Christmas, and many haven't though this through properly.

Its the Land and Estate owners, their Farmers and there like who control the affairs in the Countryside in the main they have always been religiously Tory Voters.

I know over 100 Farmers, Landowners, Estate Managers many of whom have provided me with access to their land or tenure over the years...I don't believe many, if any, are other than blue through and through... apart form one who I know votes Green and another whose wife is a Labour candidate.

Really?

What changed under the last Labour government? The handgun ban was started by the previous Tory government. Why do you think it will change now?

I agree lots of talking and it's good to be aware.

Also, Tories wanted to sell off all the public woodland to private companies a few years back. That would of proabably seen a lot of tended shooting taken out of the hands of friendly DIY shoots and placed into larger organised shoots. (i.e, the sort that 85% of the shooting comminty can't afford).

This forum is a Country Sports forum not a political platform for militant derision...surely we should be voting for the Party that best represents us , our pastime, sport,

Not really. Shooting is very important to me. But it's not the most impirtant thing in my life, or in the world. Votes in a general election should possibly be determined by bigger considerations than people's hobbies.

Not really. Shooting is very important to me. But it's not the most impirtant thing in my life, or in the world. Votes in a general election should possibly be determined by bigger considerations than people's hobbies.

Yes I agree... but the OP was using it as an issue in the context of his original post. In that respect he was enquiring of his local candidate about her stance on "our sport" "gun ownership" "game shooting"

Not trying to be confrontational just trying to illustrate that peoples priorities differ, and those priorities which are the most important to the individual may not be necessarily so to everyone else.

This election, putting our shared interests to one side for a moment, could be one of the scariests in my 45yrs of voting. I've got used to the pattern of:

Labour trying to spread the wealth = lack of growth/recession - vs - Tories putting the economy straight = greater inequality

But this time the voters reluctance to support the two big parties could mean cataclysmic policies which might break up the Union, take us out of Europe and/or result in serious racial problems. I really don't want to vote Tory but Millipedes desperation to get his hands on No10 could mean him supping with the Devil. There is so much dissatisfaction with 'Westminster' the Celtic fringes and the lunatic bunch may have a big say in our politics.

Interesting debate.

You might have got a better response if you actually got her name right which is a little disappointing given you live in the same rural location.

The irony of it all. I have lost count of the grammatical and spelling errors from our mega-poster. Occasionally - just occasionally - he has a valid point.

This election, putting our shared interests to one side for a moment, could be one of the scariests in my 45yrs of voting. I've got used to the pattern of:

Labour trying to spread the wealth = lack of growth/recession - vs - Tories putting the economy straight = greater inequality

But this time the voters reluctance to support the two big parties could mean cataclysmic policies which might break up the Union, take us out of Europe and/or result in serious racial problems. I really don't want to vote Tory but Millipedes desperation to get his hands on No10 could mean him supping with the Devil. There is so much dissatisfaction with 'Westminster' the Celtic fringes and the lunatic bunch may have a big say in our politics.

Agreed, it's that 21st century affliction of being bombed with info from all angles, all in little bits with no real substance behind any of it.

Whilst not perfect, i think the Tories are the best option. Balls & Co and trying to spread gloom whereas the overall picture is not too bad.