Tried Some New Cartridges

marsh man

I have never been in to the ballistics of cartridges , I find if they do the job then there is no need to change and for a number of years I had been using Gamebore Clear Pigeon 30grms 6s plus 1 or 2 boxes I had been giving to keep the rooks ect of the crops , that was until I bought a slab of Lyalvale Express Pigeon Power to try .

Well on Saturday I had several Pigeons dropping in on the Peas down the marsh , the conditions were ideal , bright and windy ( maybe to windy ) and no chance of rain , unlike when I was on the same place earlier on during the week when I got caught in a heavy shower and got soaked.

I took two dead ones for the magnet and 14 flexicoys , which I have had for years and they still take some beating , this time of the year I very rarely start before 2pm as 4 to 5 hours in the afternoon is long enough for me now , so a little after 2pm I had set up with the magnet 25yds in front with 10 decoys to the left and 4 to the right as I do all my shooting sitting down and I prefer shooting more to my left than I do to the right .

Pigeons started to come in 1s and 2s more or less straight away and the new shells were during the business killing the first 6 on the trot , but that sort of form didn't last long as the wind was making it hard for the second shot but the misses or the ones clipped was down to me and not the cartridges as I was confident that if I was on it they were more than good enough to stop it .

Things slowed a bit during the later afternoon with only one flight line from the front and as I had to be home around 7pm I decided to use the 3 boxes I took or give it till 6.15 or whatever came first , and at 6.15 I still had 11 shells left so that was it , time to pack up and head of home after a excellent 4hrs sport and picking up 43 pigeons and having fired 64 cartridges that I will deflnitely use again.

I have never been in to the ballistics of cartridges , I find if they do the job then there is no need to change and for a number of years I had been using Gamebore Clear Pigeon 30grms 6s plus 1 or 2 boxes I had been giving to keep the rooks ect of the crops , that was until I bought a slab of Lyalvale Express Pigeon Power to try .

Well on Saturday I had several Pigeons dropping in on the Peas down the marsh , the conditions were ideal , bright and windy ( maybe to windy ) and no chance of rain , unlike when I was on the same place earlier on during the week when I got caught in a heavy shower and got soaked.

I took two dead ones for the magnet and 14 flexicoys , which I have had for years and they still take some beating , this time of the year I very rarely start before 2pm as 4 to 5 hours in the afternoon is long enough for me now , so a little after 2pm I had set up with the magnet 25yds in front with 10 decoys to the left and 4 to the right as I do all my shooting sitting down and I prefer shooting more to my left than I do to the right .

Pigeons started to come in 1s and 2s more or less straight away and the new shells were during the business killing the first 6 on the trot , but that sort of form didn't last long as the wind was making it hard for the second shot but the misses or the ones clipped was down to me and not the cartridges as I was confident that if I was on it they were more than good enough to stop it .

Things slowed a bit during the later afternoon with only one flight line from the front and as I had to be home around 7pm I decided to use the 3 boxes I took or give it till 6.15 or whatever came first , and at 6.15 I still had 11 shells left so that was it , time to pack up and head of home after a excellent 4hrs sport and picking up 43 pigeons and having fired 64 cartridges that I will deflnitely use again.

I really like these cartridges, easy on the shoulder and hard on the Bird.

Sounds like a good session , I have heard some good reports of the pigeon power but am yet to try them for myself.

The peas I was on Saturday are going to go for seed ,so they wont be combined till the end of July or a bit later , maybe when they cut the wheat , save taking the combine down there twice as each time a tractor cross the railway lines they have to ring the station to make sure it is safe to take a tractor and trailer across , so hopefully I will get a few more yet.

The cartridges I used I got from Churchills of Dereham , not a bad price at £48 for 250 . 29grm 6s

I bought a 1000 at £170 from Countryman of Derby as it was getting a bit expensive with 32 gram game cartridges for the crows. I have gone through 1000 in the last 4 or so months and like them enough to have bought another 1000. Unfortunately they cost me closer to £195/1000 locally but not worth the saving to travel to Derby.

The only issue I find is that they dont rectify one of my key problems.....missing the **** :)