Legislation passed

LeadWasp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the garden plinkers are knackered then if you have to have land etc

I think it's a good idea to have them licenced so no idiots get hold of them.

But because of the idiots everyone else suffers, that's like most things though.

Dear oh dear, what hope is there!

Again, it's too late for that. Retrospective licensing only works if ALL people are law abiding, which they aren't. If they were then there wouldn't be a problem with misuse.

Again, it's too late for that. Retrospective licensing only works if ALL people are law abiding, which they aren't. If they were then there wouldn't be a problem with misuse.

I know what you mean, and it is too late as there are loads out there, too many to control, especially as you can just pop over the border and buy them.

Dear oh dear, what hope is there!

There is no hope when idiots are going round with air rifles im afraid!

All the garden plinkers are knackered then if you have to have land etc

But because of the idiots everyone else suffers, that's like most things though.

Just out of interest, what proof do you have that a licence will put an instant end to such misuse?

Using your same logic, the next law from Hollyrood should be to make Class A & Class B drugs illegal; as too many idiots get hold of them at present

I know what you mean, and it is too late as there are loads out there, too many to control, especially as you can just pop over the border and buy them.

I meant what hope have we got when folk like yourself really really believe what you said!

I'm afraid you're about half a million airguns too late for that to happen, there's no way this will affect idiots as they will simply keep on doing what they do, they don't care about the law now and they won't after it changes.

The biggest tragedy in all of this was the needless death of the 2yr old child, of course the fact that the air rifle used was given to the shooter as part of a drug debt by his drug using parents has been completely glossed over and pushed under the carpet. The parents have been used to show how terrible a tragedy it is when in fact they should have been prosecuted for neglect, child endangerment or contributing to his death by supplying the air rifle. But of course that wouldn't have helped the SNP's campaign.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4595962.stm

Edited by phaedra1106

What would happen if you were sitting on hadrians wall ,closer to the English side and shot a rabbit on the other side of the wall that was in Scotland . Would the air gun sheriff in Scotland be able to arrest you for shooting from England into Scotland with out an air gun ticket .

Harnser

Just out of interest, what proof do you have that a licence will put an instant end to such misuse?

Using your same logic, the next law from Hollyrood should be to make Class A & Class B drugs illegal; as too many idiots get hold of them at present

Where did I say instant end to such misuse ???

Using my same logic? You do know class a and b drugs are illegal? What has that got to do with a licence for a air rifle?

I meant what hope have we got when folk like yourself really really believe what you said!

You do understand that a air rifle 12flb can kill humans don't you?

They are not toys. And in the wrong hands can be deadly.

is the whole firearms licensing not beneficial in your view?

Should anyone be able to buy shotguns and rifles without being vetted?

Airgun licensing in Scotland will have all the effect of .22LR against Hardox 500.

It will net our comrades a nice little income from the law abiding families and hunters that wish to comply and the people who don't wish to comply will be absolutely safe as the authorities have got no idea who owns an airgun in Scotland and never will.

I may be missing the point, but if I wanted to buy an airgun and was of a criminal type..........would I support local business and buy from a local RFD with my shiny new airgun licence or would I drive across that heavily guarded border into England and purchase one.

The licence will not stop one idiot getting an airgun, just look at the ease you can buy a s/h one on Facebook.

That poor child died because of irresponsible adults not because of a lack of a licencing system, the same thing could happen tomorrow in a AFAC licensee's house if they were similarly carefree with the security and safety of their airgun.

Edited by Livefast123

and the people who don't wish to comply will be absolutely safe as the authorities have got no idea who owns an airgun in Scotland and never will.

I wouldn't bet my liberty on that. I am sure local police and neighbours know lots of people that have air rifles, annoy your neighbours and they could be reporting you to the police. There are plenty of arguments against the ban, but people thinking it can't or won't be enforced are kidding themselves.

My guess is that there will be a couple of high profile pathfinder cases where somebody is made an example of.........but Police Scotland have already said that the law is unworkable and with further cuts to the policing budgets this year, will getting rogue airguns off the street take priority over 999 calls when public service suffers.

I hope our comrades are setting up the ATF (Airgun Task Force) to patrol the border for illicit English airguns.

Being law abiding I would of course get a licence, but I certainly don't remotely agree with it.

Edited by Livefast123

Do you support the introduction of a license for kitchen knives, how about for hammers, or even cricket bats?

Anyone can obtain a firearm off ticket, if you don't believe that you have been a hermit.

Cars I think you will find driven by fools kill far more in Scotland than airguns and the fools driving the cars badly, some will have a driving licence and some won't. That itty bitty piece of plastic did not stop them driving in a deadly way!

Your view is typical of a person wanting the problem to go away and have no idea how to so will sacrifice another freedom for the sake of muppets. A modern keeper clueless of how to control vermin releases more pheasants to feed the vermin. At pheasants cost!

In this illustration replace pheasant with peasant!

Just as with a such gamekeeper the problem does not go away, no in fact more vermin comes to feed off him!

In Scotland muppets driving cars badly and killing people won't stop. It won't stop any mis use with airguns by numpties because the numpties with airguns won't declare them, get it?

Yes, I do happen to think anyone should be able to buy a firearm. I think we would have a more polite society.

Britain per head is a more violent society than America, with all its stupid attitude and rules against all sorts of guns and knives.

One more question, are you an MP?

I think we would have a more polite society.

It would be a sad state of affairs if people needed to be armed to be polite to each other. I see that quote on America forums, but I am sure their are plenty of ignorant people in America armed or not.

Yes, I do happen to think anyone should be able to buy a firearm.

Does that include violent criminals etc.

Edited by ordnance

It would be a sad state of affairs if people needed to be armed to be polite to each other. I see that quote on America forums, but I am sure their are plenty of ignorant people in America armed or not.

Does that include violent criminals etc.

They can get them any way, why you no listen?

Pull your head out the sand your back side is showing!

You are living in a idyll of a 60's dream world!

They can get them any way, why you no listen?

They can get them illegally, the question was do you think violent criminals should be able to buy firearms legally.

What they should do next is make everyone get a licence for driving and there wont be any ******* on the road, oh

I am sure their would be more accidents if people didn't have to do a test and have a licence, would their not. ?.

They can get them illegally, the question was do you think violent criminals should be able to buy firearms legally.

I think violent crims should dig their own grave and lie down in it! You are forcing me to cave in and surrender my well earned privileges as a crime free individual because lefty softies want to accept bad predators in society.

You are picking over my words like a politician and completely missing the reasoning.

You stick to your idylls bud.

You might want to hug a thug, I don't.

I am sure their would be more accidents if people didn't have to do a test and have a licence, would their not. ?.

I think violent crims should dig their own grave and lie down in it!

Just clarifying, you said you thought all people should be allowed firearms, I don't.

Underdog. Yes, I do happen to think anyone should be able to buy a firearm. I think we would have a more polite society.

As it stands there are two types of firearm owners in Britain. One legal group for sport shooting or wildlife management and the criminal element possibly soon to include terrorists.

There are current laws and punishments to try and stop undesirables from obtaining a firearm but it does not stop them from obtaining.

Even if a total blanket ban came in the criminal low life would still have access.

So, in my opinion, sticking to reasoning as " do you think criminals should be able....." Is a complete red herring and simply diverts the debate to a personal level and internal bickering, exactly what goverment , MPs and their agent want to see!

The big picture in this is very clear to me, a minority, shooting folk are being made escape goats once more instead of chopping the hands off thieves and burying murderers and rapists.

Like I said this is hug a thug land. Now swoop on my words again like a crow to pick over and miss the point!

End of discussion for me, the war is lost, communism is rife here, the individual has no rights and must tow the line! Fools.

Anyone can obtain a firearm off ticket, if you don't believe that you have been a hermit.

Cars I think you will find driven by fools kill far more in Scotland than airguns and the fools driving the cars badly, some will have a driving licence and some won't. That itty bitty piece of plastic did not stop them driving in a deadly way!

Your view is typical of a person wanting the problem to go away and have no idea how to so will sacrifice another freedom for the sake of muppets. A modern keeper clueless of how to control vermin releases more pheasants to feed the vermin. At pheasants cost!

In this illustration replace pheasant with peasant!

Just as with a such gamekeeper the problem does not go away, no in fact more vermin comes to feed off him!

In Scotland muppets driving cars badly and killing people won't stop. It won't stop any mis use with airguns by numpties because the numpties with airguns won't declare them, get it?

Yes, I do happen to think anyone should be able to buy a firearm. I think we would have a more polite society.

Britain per head is a more violent society than America, with all its stupid attitude and rules against all sorts of guns and knives.

One more question, are you an MP?

I understand that it's too late for licensing the air rifles now, as you would have seen in earlier replies if you read them.

To have a society with anyone can go and buy a gun is not the way forward at all.

They are not taking people's freedom of having a air rifle all you have to do is get a licence to obtain one, like I did with sgc/fac I wasn't moaning about it lol

You need to be more realistic and see the wider aspect. guns kill and need to be on a licence, anyone can have one here in the UK if you fit the criteria but if your a danger you won't, simple really.

Also if Britain is a more violant society why the hell would you say anyone should be able to buy a firearm? Those comments together fit your discussion very well lol

Atb