Cla gamefair?

cocker boy

I have just received a email from the cla gamefair campsite team asking if my caravan is over 6mtrs long due to the turning into one of the entrances?. Looks like they will move us onto another field/pitch. Has anyone else had the email?. I shouldn't imagine there are many caravans with a total length of less than 6 mtrs?.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you intend to shoot, do your homework on where you park.. Last time I went I was a mile away from the clay line, by the time I had got to the line with 200 cartridges and all my gear and gun, my arms were about 6 inches longer. They have loads of space for parking nearer the clay line but wont allow you access to park on it. There needs to be a shooters park for me to go again.. from Auntie.

Couldn't agree more. Last year I got directed into one of the public car parks and had to walk about 2 miles to the clay line, carrying gun, gear and about 200 hundred cartridges. Got their paid my £20 and was then told I couldn't use my own cartridges. So I says, "Hang on mine are 28g, 7.5 shot, fibre wad same as you are trying to sell me". They reply "No ours have special powder so as not to annoy the neighbours". Yeah right! Needless to say I had my money back and went to the Gunmakers Pub.

Well, I've had the warm up (Great Yorkshire Show)

Hoping to go on the Saturday and take my lad (9) along to see the dogs working etc.

Might pop along to the BASC coaching stand.

Is tweed compulsory? Seemed to be at GYS (to be fair, mostly either olde types, or young lasses in tweed hot pants and hunter wellies)

Any one know any details of the 40 bird daily completion they running? Like cost / cartridge restrictions etc etc

Had a look on the website and this all the details it shows...

Clay shooters with a competitive nature can take part in a 40-bird competition run across eight stands which offer different types of simulated game or sporting targets and can enter the competition as many times as they like. Daily prizes will be awarded for Gold, Silver, Bronze, Ladies and Junior classes while the Platinum Overall High Gun Award runs over the three days of the show.

Any one know any details of the 40 bird daily completion they running? Like cost / cartridge restrictions etc etc

Had a look on the website and this all the details it shows...

I think it was about £20 if I remember correctly from Blenheim last your. But see my post above about having to buy their cartridges and not being able to use your own, so be prepared for that. I think the cartridge restriction was 28g, 7.5 shot and fibre wad.

Ian

Guest topshot_2k

Every year we hear people saying its expensive but £20-£25 for an adult for an all day event isn't that bad, under 16's are free. Its no more expensive than a trip to cinema! Im looking forward to two this year, a day shooting and another day to look around the place

People would moan if it was £10 to get in. That's what they do. They wouldn't go anyway but like to mention they are not going. As though anyone cares?. Let the miserable ones stop at home, counting the money they have saved by not going, and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves.

Come along and see us.

It is always good to put a face to a name.

Cheers

Terry

Its worth spending £25 just to see Bakerboy !!!! and as a Double bonus you will get to see the Legendary Wabbitbosher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£25 aint that bad , Goodness me I can blow £25 in half hour or less at the Clay ground

I think it was about £20 if I remember correctly from Blenheim last your. But see my post above about having to buy their cartridges and not being able to use your own, so be prepared for that. I think the cartridge restriction was 28g, 7.5 shot and fibre wad.

Ian

Think I will drop them an email and see what they say as don't want to have extra cost of having to buy cartridges when I have a load at home that will be exactly the same!

Blenheim had a noise issue, hence the reason to purchase their cartridges, I do not think there is an issue this year.

Its worth spending £25 just to see Bakerboy !!!! and as a Double bonus you will get to see the Legendary Wabbitbosher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£25 aint that bad , Goodness me I can blow £25 in half hour or less at the Clay ground

Is this a bogof offer? :lol:

So what's on everyones shopping list?

I think i'm finally ready to get a .243 set up so will have 2 days of negotiation beforehand and spend the savings on a pint and watch the Dubarry girls

For me a 30-06 if I can find one at the right price.