A brace of 101's.

Scully

Just now I would settle for any gun I could shoot well with.

Not getting on with the CG? It takes time to get the swing of a new gun. I find dry mounting in front of a mirror on a regular basis very very helpful. Two minutes each evening will do it.

Not getting on with the CG? It takes time to get the swing of a new gun. I find dry mounting in front of a mirror on a regular basis very very helpful. Two minutes each evening will do it.

Not getting on with anything at the moment. The CG has improved things, but the problem is that I am thinking too much, and that is never good, and I probably expected way too much too soon.

I am going to have a good few rounds of skeet with the CG to get the feel of it and a few hours with a coach when he gets back from the FITASC worlds to get things back to where they should be.

Your tip about dry mounting is a wise one too, this gun is very different in feel, but I like it.

You got the Perazzi home yet?

Not getting on with anything at the moment. The CG has improved things, but the problem is that I am thinking too much, and that is never good, and I probably expected way too much too soon.

I am going to have a good few rounds of skeet with the CG to get the feel of it and a few hours with a coach when he gets back from the FITASC worlds to get things back to where they should be.

Your tip about dry mounting is a wise one too, this gun is very different in feel, but I like it.

I have been into all the shooting sports for close on 55 years and have owned more guns over the years than I can remember. With a new gun it is getting the confidence in shooting it also having the confidence in the cartridge you are shooting . A bad day out with the gun in the beginning takes a lot of getting over . A bad day can set you back mentally and really can take several outings to get over . A good coach can really help you to get it back together .

One of the biggest lessons I ever learned about shooting a shot gun was when I was on the halvergate marshes many years ago with a shooting buddy . Two duck came in front of me one behind the other ,I pulled on the front one and killed the back one clean . My mate said super shot mick , I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was shooting at the one in front . I can still see that duck being shot and realising how much lead you needed to shoot a fast crossing bird .The CG you should send down to me to break in for you .

Harnser

Edited by Harnser

No Perrazi at the moment sadly. Very frustrating as mate still hasn't got his new tickets.

A good coach is certainly the way to go; no doubt he will have you back to normal in no time.

I always found new guns a bit numb at first, especially those with longer barrels, but find they are like big cars and trucks....the more you shoot/drive them, the smaller and more responsive they get. Good luck, and let us know how you come on.

I bought a diamond grade sporter recently lovely wood but I don't like the look of the wino chokes so some tegues will be on the way soon it's a lovely well made gun but could do with a good service barrels re blued etc and I'd like to get the cast taken off as I'm left hooker having said that I shoot not bad with it considering

I have been into all the shooting sports for close on 55 years and have owned more guns over the years than I can remember. With a new gun it is getting the confidence in shooting it also having the confidence in the cartridge you are shooting . A bad day out with the gun in the beginning takes a lot of getting over . A bad day can set you back mentally and really can take several outings to get over . A good coach can really help you to get it back together .

One of the biggest lessons I ever learned about shooting a shot gun was when I was on the halvergate marshes many years ago with a shooting buddy . Two duck came in front of me one behind the other ,I pulled on the front one and killed the back one clean . My mate said super shot mick , I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was shooting at the one in front . I can still see that duck being shot and realising how much lead you needed to shoot a fast crossing bird .The CG you should send down to me to break in for you .

Harnser

If I thought that you could embed 55 years of shooting experience and knowledge into the CG I would happily send it to you for a holiday and education :)

No Perrazi at the moment sadly. Very frustrating as mate still hasn't got his new tickets.

A good coach is certainly the way to go; no doubt he will have you back to normal in no time.

I always found new guns a bit numb at first, especially those with longer barrels, but find they are like big cars and trucks....the more you shoot/drive them, the smaller and more responsive they get. Good luck, and let us know how you come on.

That is frustrating not to get the new toy home, although from your pic of the other guns you are not short changed in having nice goodies in the cabinet.

A dozen rounds of skeet to get me in the swing of the new gun and an hour or two in a field with a few traps and a coach will see me sorted, it's more a mental funk than anything, but by god it's frustrating.

I have only ever owned four guns in my life. The first side by side was sold to pay the deposit on a house, the second felt as though I could never miss with it. When I picked up my first over and under it felt right straight away and the s x s just felt awkward. The fourth gun matches the third.