And another mystery object.

VULTURE

I think its an old form of fire extinguisher, they used to fill them with carbon tetrachloride or something like that. In a fire it would explode and the fumes would blanket the fire. It wouldn't save lives but it would save the fabric of the building.

I went to an old mill in Nebraska about fifteen years ago and there were dozens hanging from the ceilings everywhere.

The rod is to conduct the heat into the liquid inside

Edited by Vince Green

its got to be an early victorian " lincolnshire vaginal light"...............and the other mystery object is part off a block and tackle used in conjunction with the latter......

Big lasses in Lincolnshire I take it then ?

Don`t worry they will be coming to Norfork sometime this century.

Looks like being a good century for Norfolk then. That'll be fire, the wheel and now the bong, all in the space of a hundred years. I reckon that's enough for now, too much technology all in one go will fry their brains :good: Perhaps in another hundred years or so we can try them with an atmospheric engine of the newcomen type, that'll really bring them forward in leaps and bounds

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like being a good century for Norfolk then. That'll be fire, the wheel and now the bong, all in the space of a hundred years. I reckon that's enough for now, too much technology all in one go will fry their brains :good: Perhaps in another hundred years or so we can try them with an atmospheric engine of the newcomen type, that'll really bring them forward in leaps and bounds

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah we are coming along nicely.....with all these bloody twin laned cart tracks been built.........the last decent road was built by the romans.....all the sub-standard ones are been built by the romanians now....................

......now that we have tempted you to visit us.......dont forget to bring the vaseline........axel grease has run out now....and we do soooo want to make your stay enjoyable... :oops:

its got to be an early victorian " lincolnshire vaginal light"...............and the other mystery object is part off a block and tackle used in conjunction with the latter......

you would also need some pit props a pony a short yorkshireman and a canary, and perhaps a stiff drink to enter that area

yeah we are coming along nicely.....with all these bloody twin laned cart tracks been built.........the last decent road was built by the romans.....all the sub-standard ones are been built by the romanians now....................

......now that we have tempted you to visit us.......dont forget to bring the vaseline........axel grease has run out now....and we do soooo want to make your stay enjoyable... :oops:

If you think I'm coming anywhere near there after the way I've took the p*** then you're very much mistaken. Graveyards full of heroes :lol: :lol: