Shooting Woodpigeons over Stubble

srspower

Nice vid, I don't think your coys were to far out by the looks of the hide camera, but your head camera does make them look miles away , lol. I know people keep telling you to put your coys closer in order to kill pigeons better but this is not always true as pigeons will a lot of the time feel more comfortable further out in a field and can decoy a lot better , I would bet your wounding of pigeons is more down to either gun fit or gaps in your pattern ie chokes or cartridges or even shot size. But I must say I do enjoy your vids as you certainly seem to enjoy yourselves and are full of enthusiasm which is more important than anything you can be taught.cheers

Nice vid, I don't think your coys were to far out by the looks of the hide camera, but your head camera does make them look miles away , lol. I know people keep telling you to put your coys closer in order to kill pigeons better but this is not always true as pigeons will a lot of the time feel more comfortable further out in a field and can decoy a lot better , I would bet your wounding of pigeons is more down to either gun fit or gaps in your pattern ie chokes or cartridges or even shot size. But I must say I do enjoy your vids as you certainly seem to enjoy yourselves and are full of enthusiasm which is more important than anything you can be taught.cheers

Yeah I know I have a fit problem I need more cant in the stock. I had seemed to overcome it generally speaking but that weekend my shooting was awful, not sure why but I hope its temporary! Out again tommorow hopefully I'll have more luck :-)

Edited by srspower

• 2 weeks later...

Ermm.. Get bored after seeing the same shot 3 times, shooting pigeons in trees 50 yards away :s, oh and if you spoke to me like you did Thomas about shooting a different bird before you pulled the trigger on your bird, then you would have been attached to the magnet via your bum hole :good: still good vid to watch though..

Ermm.. Get bored after seeing the same shot 3 times, shooting pigeons in trees 50 yards away :s, oh and if you spoke to me like you did Thomas about shooting a different bird before you pulled the trigger on your bird, then you would have been attached to the magnet via your bum hole :good: still good vid to watch though..

Thomas... he he... I wonder how many call him that!

To be honest it was quite funny hearing a tirade of expletives coming from the next field! And I think the battery on the magnet had gone flat buy then!

Edited by Itchington Harris

I made a mistake with my pattern the other day.

Had the decoys set up on a slope, crows down the slope and pigeons above. Big mistake as crows will cross pigeons no problem, but pigeons don't like to cross the crows. Result was only 59 birds for the day when I was expecting (and there were enough birds flying) to get 100-200 :(

BUT,mite another lesson learned a lol, and a mistake I hope not to repeat again