PW away day on the Partridge

reggiegun

Myself, Gingar, Sabs, Mr Brown and The Good Lady had a day on the Partridge today. Thanks to Sabs for all the hard work he put into sorting the day for us.

Anyway here we go.

Breakfast

IMGP3993_zpshhif2mkj.jpg

Followed by a first drive of Ducks

IMGP3998_zpshjxownbr.jpg

IMGP4009_zpshi498jmb.jpg

On the gun cart

IMGP3996_zpsccqumoef.jpg

First Partridge Drive, Mark shot well having 5 shots for 5 birds

IMGP4024_zpsw7cnr6vg.jpg

IMGP4027_zps4rwgspt8.jpg

IMGP4029_zpsm3fg5jwy.jpg

IMGP4032_zpsygcvaezn.jpg

IMGP4048_zpshnsw3p3q.jpg

Sabs did nick some of Mr browns birds, Mr browns answer was

IMGP4051_zpsttfx2ydz.jpg

And sabs answer

IMGP4055_zpswjcvycud.jpg

Drive 3 on Partridge, Gingar and Mr brown where "on fire"

IMGP4061_zps67ufxbjr.jpg

IMGP4070_zpssglooghx.jpg

IMGP4076_zpsyieuhw0d.jpg

So I took the gun of gingar

IMGP4082_zpsif11gg9k.jpg

IMGP4095_zpszfxsbgxw.jpg

Lunch

IMGP4103_zpsf1ks0h8o.jpg

After lunch last partridge drive

IMGP4105_zpsqapn1eq3.jpg

The Good lady was well on fire

IMGP4111_zpslffynhc8.jpg

The bag, 164

3e5e69dc-8e4f-4103-8d92-9ad6753e5247_zps

Shouldn't tell you this, but I will, Sabs knock back from a farmer, after asking for some pigeon shooting,ha ha

IMGP4128_zpsz3id9hzb.jpg

I will let the others do the write, great day, great company.

Thanks

Edited by reggiegun

Thank you to reggiegun and ginger, Mr Brown and my good lady for joining myself for a good day's sport :good: It was a pleasure to be in your company and clear up your birds :ninja:

Pleased you all enjoyed your day and I was made up that the good lady shot 1 for 1 for a total of 3 when she took up the challenge on the last drive :good: Well done sweetheart :wub: you did me proud :yes:

Sounds like a great day , how well did the ducks fly first time through?

I may be wrong but is that a pheasant being shot in the 14th photo?

As Reggie said, only Partridge and duck shot yesterday. Didn't see a pheasant all day.

The duck flew well to be fair, they were pushed off and all the guns let them fly out and circle around to gain height which offered some good sport. It was only a quick drive, probably less than 5 minuets.

A great day out

Smart attire for gents

thought I spotted a nice stick or two amongst the tweeds

All the best

Of

You have a keen eye there OF, yes I had the stick you gave me out in the fresh air as you requested when you gave it to me :good: I think it gave me a bit of luck as i had a great days sport :yahoo:

I would like to thank Reggigun, Ginger, Mr Brown and The Good Lady for their company yesterday for a good days sport :good: and the beer :drinks:

I am half way through my report for the day, do you want the short version or drive by drive account with pictures :innocent:

A fantastic day out and thanks to the guys for their company on my first paid away day. I was enjoying the day even before I had a go myself, as it was great to see Sabs enjoying himself in his love for the sport. His 5 for 5 on the first small partridge drive was incredible shooting and a joy to watch. Gingar and Mr Brown were on fire on the second larger partridge drive.

Sabs did ask if I wanted a few shots earlier in the day and I agreed on what was to be half way through the final drive. Luckily I didn't waste the drive and was shocked but delighted, when my first shot resulted in my first partridge. My lovely 20 bore was working well OF! I was happy to give the gun back after that, but Sabs wanted me to carry on, so I shot a further two.

A photo of me with a couple of the partridges. Something I would never have imagined a couple of years ago.

View Photo, http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/amykchamy/media/Partridge%20Day/20150902_142550_zpsigvyunoh.jpg.html

Thanks again to the guys, especially Sabs, for allowing me to be part of such a special day. It was great to see them all enjoy some good sport and make lasting memories. Well done to Gingar for his first partridges too. Great shooting guys!

Edited by The Good Lady