If you could live anywhere in the UK.

EMT

Saddler please note I was for just over the Border same kind of terrain NO!! SNP

P.S thinking the same as you.

Wasn't having a dig at anyone in particular...just very surprised on the high number that chose Scotland. ...

I'd noted that you said the other side of the border was similar but without the politics. ...

The reivers knew that a long time back ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a daily basis i see the whingeing about Scotland on here, We moved here about 20yrs ago shortly after my young daughter died in a an accident, we had no money, a rented house, and no job, the people were extremely kind and made us very welcome, providing me with enough employment to feed us, I found full time employment and was able to access enough money to start building a house on our croft, it took several years to build the house, we had three more children who are bi-lingual and Scottish to the core, we now have land (5 acres and a share of many hundreds more) a thriving business based around seafood, our own house (without a mortgage) .I have freedoms and space I never enjoyed elsewhere and ive been to a lot of elsewhere, so if wide open spacers with plenty of opportunities appeals, fill your boots and travel north, Downside its not cold enough in the winter or sunny enough in the summer, but Im sure the east side of Scotland would remedy that, If you want something to whinge about stay away

Islandgun it's not the place or the people we are whinging about its the SNP that no one will admit to vote ing for that the problem starts and finishes with

EXACTLY

100% of the reasons NOT to be in Scotland are summed up in three letters = S N P

Last years vote seemed to drag a lot of the "traditional Scottish football supporter demographic" into Scottish politics - and they were dragged in by the SNP with the hope that they'd swing the result

BUT as this forum IS a shooting one = then I possibly wrongly assumed that folk WOULD want to be able to continue such pastimes without unwarranted interference....the 2016 introduction of the Air"WEAPONS" Law IS the SNP Stage One to a complete ban: the SNP are to Scotland what Mugabe is to Zimbabwe...but maybe time will prove me wrong: until then I'll ignore their empty promises & monitor their ACTIONS.

If the SNP were not on the scene, or if I was a die hard Marxist, or not into shooting sports, I'd ALSO have suggested Scotland = I've lived here about 10+ years already & always spent most of my holidays here as a child (due to a high %age of the family having Scottish roots)

Norfolk or East Anglia is a great place for shooting and i think has the most shotguns held in the country.

But as someone who originally came from Kent, up here there are no bloody hills, the landscape is beautiful but boring if you can understand that.

I am sure nearly every other village has a straw bale shoot and a fair amount of wild fowling around to

EXACTLY

100% of the reasons NOT to be in Scotland are summed up in three letters = S N P

Last years vote seemed to drag a lot of the "traditional Scottish football supporter demographic" into Scottish politics - and they were dragged in by the SNP with the hope that they'd swing the result

BUT as this forum IS a shooting one = then I possibly wrongly assumed that folk WOULD want to be able to continue such pastimes without unwarranted interference....the 2016 introduction of the Air"WEAPONS" Law IS the SNP Stage One to a complete ban: the SNP are to Scotland what Mugabe is to Zimbabwe...but maybe time will prove me wrong: until then I'll ignore their empty promises & monitor their ACTIONS.

If the SNP were not on the scene, or if I was a die hard Marxist, or not into shooting sports, I'd ALSO have suggested Scotland = I've lived here about 10+ years already & always spent most of my holidays here as a child (due to a high %age of the family having Scottish roots)

They told my aunty on her doorstep in the run up to the election they were going to double her pension AND SHE BELIEVED THEM. How many other pensioners did they say that to? Typical hard left tactics, not to be trusted. Large swathes of Scotland relies on shooting sports for its income and more could be encouraged to do so. It could actually become a shooting utopia. Plenty of scope for more development and stacks of under used land

Edited by Vince Green