Robbed

lord_seagrave

Jeepers. I do know that feeling of hurt (male) pride and the anger that someone had the utter arrogance and selfish-centeredness to rob you, and the feeling of 'what if I did such and such', but in reality you could have done very little about it and it could have been much, much worse. Little lord Seagrave still gets a hug at night, and that has to be the bottom line.

Robbery has always happened, and it always will, but it is comparatively rare so don't let it change the way you live your lives, just back up your files and keep aware.

Knowing roughly where you live I would have to guess at the Talbot Road estate "massive". They are slightly notorious around there. Friend also found this out the hard way.

Spot on. :(

Thanks for all the best wishes. It's been playing on my mind all day - what I did, what I didn't do, that sort of thing. But, as many of you have said, I'm alright, and that's the main thing.

In terms of 'stuff' I was due an upgrade on the iPhone anyway, and Vodafone sorted me out this morning. I type this from the next model up. Sadly 'the cloud' wasn't activated or connected properly, so the photos (and a near-perfect 284 levels of Candy Crush) have gone. Needless to say, I've made sure that this one is backing up automatically and I am definitely not downloading Candy Crush again. :no:

Blackberry was new in February, but I get gadget insurance with the bank account, and they've sent me a claim form which seems pretty standard (£50 excess, of course).

Watch was a present from Lady Seagrave, so although it has a little bit of sentimental value, it wasn't especially valuable in monetary terms. I'll save my pennies for my birthday at the end of the month, and we'll replace it with something.

I may think twice before having that extra shot of slivovica on my way home. That would be no bad thing!

LS

Spot on. :(

Thanks for all the best wishes. It's been playing on my mind all day - what I did, what I didn't do, that sort of thing. But, as many of you have said, I'm alright, and that's the main thing.

In terms of 'stuff' I was due an upgrade on the iPhone anyway, and Vodafone sorted me out this morning. I type this from the next model up. Sadly 'the cloud' wasn't activated or connected properly, so the photos (and a near-perfect 284 levels of Candy Crush) have gone. Needless to say, I've made sure that this one is backing up automatically and I am definitely not downloading Candy Crush again. :no:

Blackberry was new in February, but I get gadget insurance with the bank account, and they've sent me a claim form which seems pretty standard (£50 excess, of course).

Watch was a present from Lady Seagrave, so although it has a little bit of sentimental value, it wasn't especially valuable in monetary terms. I'll save my pennies for my birthday at the end of the month, and we'll replace it with something.

I may think twice before having that extra shot of slivovica on my way home. That would be no bad thing!

LS

All in all mate at least it could have been far worse - rather be left in my pants than stabbed or worse!

At least nothing but pictures lost and all else replaceable

Don't let it change how you live

I would get onto the find my Iphone thing pretty quick especially if it has iOS 9, we use it often to find stolen Apple stuff. The new (9) edition sends the last known GPS coordinates when the battery dies / not sure about switching off.

Glad you came out with only your pride dented but I know how I would feel if I lost pics of my 2 kids.

My Mate, A Geordie Got Robbed on night in Coventry, down a dark entry I might add. (Short cut Home)..

Always kept his folding money in his Sock, They didn`t get that, did belt him a few times, and opened his coat pockets with a

diy blade, took seconds.. Tried to get him to go home that way again with me and the lads either end,, he wouldn`t do it, shame really hickory does hurt..lol.

It happens,don't over think it!

Sorry about the photos.

Have you had your victim support letter yet.

Made me realise just how many good people there are.

Happened to me in Kensal Rise years ago made me realise just how wasted there lives are and mrs Spinach panicked every time I had a late one!

All the best .

John.

Sorry to hear that chap but it's only going to more frequent as many folk are getting poorer on a daily basis, the main thing is it's only your pride that got a bashing, I hope they catch the toe rags! What area of London was this in? It's even starting to happen round where I live which has always been a low crime area, as for Mrs Seagrave the best suggestion is a small pocket aerosol of something that makes women small nice like that "impulse" stuff, I would suggest keeping it handy and spraying liberally in the general direction of any would be muggers face so the police can identify them from the smell afterwards ................. That stuff is worse than pepper spray but there is no law against taking an interest in your personal hygiene

The spray is a good idea, might be tempted to light up a fag at the same time and pull the lighter out.

There's a UK legal spray which has no toxic or incapacitant contents, but does dye the toerag bright orange, which lasts about a week. Can't remember the name, but it won't get you nicked, and apparently comes out in a thick foam,so would impair the vision of an attacker for long enough to get clear, or pickle their walnuts.

Probably wouldn't be much use whilst alcoholically challenged though.

It's natural to think about what you could have done, and berate yourself up because you didn't beat them up, but even sober, two on one, the two having the benefit of surprise, it could have gone very badly wrong, better to get home and replace items, than to finish the night at St.Thomas's and try to replace organs or teeth. As an earlier post wisely said, little Seagrave got his cuddles this morning, anything else is unimportant.