best components tell me

you people have to tell me what you want now the talking point is what do you consider to be best the shot is tower dropped and round I can put nickel or copper in but that works out with the vat about 22 pounds a thousand on 32 gram now when I try hard shot I was at birstall near malton shooting partridges you could see the bird was hit but used to glide of and was found later the shot was going through the bird that though was 5 % antimony maybe go with 2 or 3% but anyway what in your opinion is the best to buy thanks george

aye mr stonepark but wat is diamond shot I mean what is it 2 3 or 5% lead then polished then coated you can put a bowler hat on a pig but its still a pig and the magic question how much more and will people pay the difference everybody is on about the price of cartridges I can honestly say on some loads the vat man x 20% gets more out the job than me hows that got to go to work catch up with you all tonight phone if urgent 07714 323 909 george

so mr stonepark you say to get some lead in and rather than pay to have it coated have it polished you see I was under the impression that exaggerated ord lead is like a golf ball with little dimples in it and when you coat it it kinda puts that last finish to it and smooths it out letting it fly better but ill speak to mr loccatelli and ask about the polish job thanks for that cheers george

Golf balls have dimples to make them fly better, surely the same applies to shot. I've seen fallen shot on cars at Simo game days and when looked at had dimples like a golf ball off being fired. Softer shot for game must be better.

Polished shot may have a touch less resistance but it's it drag that slows down shot.

like I said earlier I shot some hard lead and it passed through the birds I now put 2 or 3% in my cartridges and no problem so why do people crave for harder shot to look good on pattern plates but do pattern plates tell the truth ?maybe on a sitting rabbit but not on a flying bird once read about an American who shot a passing train to get a true pattern as the train was moving well have put a few feelers out lets see what comes back

I continually find shot in birds and it's just as round as when it was in the cartridge, I think this is allot of nonsense TBH, the copper shot is meant to improve pattern not penetration! Stick with your lead shot george it's doing the business for me without any worries!

The biggest improvement in any cartridge is the wad, especially with regards to pattern and it's the most over looked part by any manner of means. Viri/FOB build the foundation of their cartridges on wad design that allows the shot to be released from the wad in a ball to improve pattern. I have inspected loads of shot wads and truly believe the wads with strong connections between the petals offset the pattern slightly!

If you look at a black gold, it has the same cheap wad as a clear pigeon, so what are you really paying for?

Johnnytheboy I have quite often picked up fired wads where only the petals on one side have opened up. That has to throw the shot off as the wad will twist and turn as it opens.

Poor wads poor patterns, got to be true.

Some of the best patterns I've seen are with Georges clay carts, I've not got many left now but the softest shooting cart in 28gram I've used.

You need to start making some Propper Sporting or Little Devils again :good:

Here is an example of a FOB wad, the same can be found in NSI cartridges, I have inspected fired wads and the petals have broken away consistently. The only other cartridge manufacturer that takes this in to consideration is Mirage as the pre-slit their wads during loading before the shot goes into the hull, they open consistently as well

B498AA72-30B8-44A6-8558-DFA867BCDDFE.png