George your missing the boat

Eley

Game bore

Hull

CHEDDITE

Fiocchi

Express

All tell us the price ,

you don't it's your business if you want to succeed come clean on price your acting like a doggy car salesman in a very unprofessional way ,you need to stick to making the stuff and employ a "proper sales manager "

Must admit most times i just go online to Justcartridges and pick the best cartridge that meets my requirements and price, only shoot clay's (non Competition) so not worried as long as they go out to about 40 meters with enough energy to break a clay, many others also the same just buy 1000 at a time 7.5, 8,9's

It's all about who holds the upper hand in supply and demand relationships. The established brands hold the upper hand so they get to set the prices. They also have distribution agreements through very large supplier networks, there are tiers of margin all throughout that supply chain and so the price must reflect that.

George has a certain luxury right now that he can be a disruptive in the market and can behave in a way that positively influences his market and creates a challenge to his opposition.

Following the herd is not always the best plan and acting disruptively can bring exceptional reward.

The best example of a disruptive business approach is Amazon, they break so many unwritten rules about retail that those of a traditional headset used to dismiss them. They are now the single biggest challenge to the traditional retail market globally and all because they are disruptive.

George, continue to be disruptive and challenge accepted wisdom in how you choose to sell and distribute your product. You're not an Eley, Gamebore, Hull, Cheddite, etc so you don't have to play by the same rules.

I think you could be much more disruptive and bolder than you are and increase your sales success.

George has a certain luxury right now that he can be a disruptive in the market and can behave in a way that positively influences his market and creates a challenge to his opposition.

George, continue to be disruptive and challenge accepted wisdom in how you choose to sell and distribute your product. You're not an Eley, Gamebore, Hull, Cheddite, etc so you don't have to play by the same rules.

I think you could be much more disruptive and bolder than you are and increase your sales success.

I agree, :good: his strength lies in the fact that he isn't a conventional loader/retailer set up.

Unfortunately, his weakness may be posting utter gibberish on here.

His posts are hard to read :lol: but I have to say I do understand him eventually and I do get what means business wise. Essentially he knows he can't compete with the brands because he simply lacks the supply chains and pre order surety to stand there and pump out a million shells a week so he needs to tackle things differently and it certainly doesn't sound as though he's encumbered by too many fixed costs such as staff/labour.

You have to accept him for what he is, if you want prices and a comprehensive list then you need to go to someone like Eley; like he's already said make him an offer so long as it's not silly.

PS. I have shot his clay loads and they are p e r o p e r good.

His posts are hard to read :lol: but I have to say I do understand him eventually and I do get what means business wise. Essentially he knows he can't compete with the brands because he simply lacks the supply chains and pre order surety to stand there and pump out a million shells a week so he needs to tackle things differently and it certainly doesn't sound as though he's encumbered by too many fixed costs such as staff/labour.

You have to accept him for what he is, if you want prices and a comprehensive list then you need to go to someone like Eley; like he's already said make him an offer so long as it's not silly.

PS. I have shot his clay loads and they are p e r o p e r good.

Not shot his cart's yet Hammy, but I fully agree.

George, sorry to talk about you in your thread it is a bit rude, but hope you don't mind.

Sometimes George's posts may be hard to read, no different to many on here, but look beyond his use of words and try to understand what he is offering.

He is effectively offering shooters an opportunity for bespoke loads to suit their own needs and to do that with a price that is mutually beneficial, whether you want to shoot really cost effective clay loads or very well pit together competition

George is in business to make money of course, but is also offering people something no established brand can, to agree on a price that works for them on a cartridge make up to suit them.

By my reckoning that is an exceptional and unique offer.

Any shoot captains or guys that organise clay shooting groups should be bashing George's door down to get a deal for their groups.

I will give you a call in the next day or two George to chat about options.

I shouldn't worry too much about it George. I've recently used a few Hull Cartridge 6.5 shot 28g FITASC clay loads on pigeons. They are 5% antimony. Pattern very tight when i put one in to an old fertilizer sack.

Either a clean kill or a miss. These are really too dear for everyday pigeon shooting.

So when will I see you in Norfolk then?

There's a lot in what you say grrclark. I've spoken to George and ordered 3K but he hasn't delivered nor can he be bothered to answer my message. Frankly i'm very disappointed.

George used to have most Gun shops in the North East stock his range of carts. The biggest complaints I heard when singing their praises were consistency as the carts kept changing. One batch would be what you wanted then the next were a different recipe and shot differently, one thing clay shooters don't like. The names of the carts kept changing. Lots of shooters loved them but supplies in dealers was sometimes hit and miss.

I used to shoot both his clay carts The Little Devils and his Proper Sporting, on game his Proper Snipe in 32g 5.5 great hard hitting cartridge.

Get the recipe right at speeds people want and get them in dealers at a good price, less than your competitors. Get the local grounds selling them and keep them supplied with stock.

No good going up against the big boys and their top of the range carts unless your going to spend big on promoting it.

If you can knock out a good cart at around £150.00 a thousand for plastic wad your £15.00 cheaper than Superfast and other club carts that sell in big volumes. If your too close to the trusted competition on price people will stick with what they know. Only time I see people try other carts is when they can't get there usual type or they were on offer and a good deal.

Best of luck George hope it works out :good:

Edited by figgy

Figgy that's why I suggested having a few open shoots at clay grounds so people can sample his products and then they can give him feedback plus more of us will be aware of his products personally I have not used any of his cartridges don't think he would be interested in delivering the odd slab but all I've heard is good reviews

A good fast clay cart, couldn't give a damm about antimony content as I've shot both low and high percentage carts and not one bit of difference could I see.

So just offer a good fast cart in 9 for Skeet and close clays 7.5 and some 6.5 faster than fast bit more expensive super dooper FITASC carts.

Or just make a do all 28g 6.5 shot game and clay cart.

That is what I want, come on George, that would allow me to have a stack of one type of shell for all my shooting, both clay, game and pigeon!

quite frankly chaps I am rushed to death so I do humbly apoligize if I have not got back to you but as I said I always cannot be at the computer and to telephone me is clearly the way to find me but I must come on here to see what you all want and throw some ideas about and to get feed back in conclusion do I make minis or Ferraris the choice is yours must rush mr whitebridges will ring u soon thanks g 07714 323 909

well all that's about it on this one in conclusion I may now go over to 3% antimony and swallow the difference on price seeing as the euro is so good thanks for your input please remember I am trying to do this all alone to keep prices down so don't get ratty if I don't get back to you in a day or two thanks all for your input phone is best 07714 323 909

Hi George not been on here long but I usually shoot my own but if i buy them I use the Rio game load 6s 32g load £65 a slab so that makes it £260 a 1000 they are in my opinion fantastic very hard hitting. Iv'e shot pigeon at 65 yards flight line shooting and further. If you can do cartridges that hit as hard and cheaper i will stop re-loading.