New permission

mikee

I was driving round yesterday on a work related trip and spotted some pigeons dropping onto a field of winter rape, a few phone calls later to find out who owned the land and a bit of internet hunting to find a farm office number and a phone call to the farmer resulted in just over 3000 acres of new land over 3 farms within 10 miles of home, maps being emailed later today, happy days

Mikee

An excellent result. Take care of the consent.

Usually I never ask a second time if I am refused. Recently I did ask again having been refused once. In the mean time I sent the estate office my card and a covering letter. When I asked again having seen that no one was shooting the pigeons on the rape/stubble I was given consent.

Terrific result Mikee. Its really nice to hear someone in the locality getting a permission as they are so hard to come by. Hopefully your relationship with the land owners will grow from strength to strength. good luck and have fun :good:.

Are you able to give any advice on how to track down the owner of a particular piece of land I would be very appreciative. PM if you prefer.

Terrific result Mikee. Its really nice to hear someone in the locality getting a permission as they are so hard to come by. Hopefully your relationship with the land owners will grow from strength to strength. good luck and have fun :good:.

Are you able to give any advice on how to track down the owner of a particular piece of land I would be very appreciative. PM if you prefer.

Just go and knock on the door of the nearest cottage or farm, does not take long to find someone who knows who the land owner or tenant is.

I was driving round yesterday on a work related trip and spotted some pigeons dropping onto a field of winter rape, a few phone calls later to find out who owned the land and a bit of internet hunting to find a farm office number and a phone call to the farmer resulted in just over 3000 acres of new land over 3 farms within 10 miles of home, maps being emailed later today, happy days

Mikee

excellent.On getting the maps I would ask for a convenient time to meet ,face to face will reassure both ways,ask if any areas or times he would prefer not to be shot and check all right of ways etc...looks professional and is clearly what you would like to know in any event.

have fun.

yes Harnser still a salad dodger, although now in transition to salad user as getting hitched again in the summer and she doesn't want to wedding pics to look like she's wed the fat controller,

now getting back into the pigeons, had so much on the last few years ive just not had time, changed job and gone self employed so getting that all off the ground too a full time effort, got divorced, moved house, had a year looking after my poor old mum after she got sick, dealing with her estate and selling her house etc, all that and the fishing didnt leave much time for pigeon shooting but its all sort of levelled out now so time for both as the work is going well i can be a bit more choosey

mikee

• 2 months later...

Just had a bit of a result, I was driving down the track that splits part of this new permission about 10 days ago and bumped into the next door farmer, I quized him gently about shooting his land and got a bit of a cold shoulder, I gave him my number anyway thinking nothing would come of it, low and behold he rang this morning asking if I would meet him so he could show me round his land as pigeon numbers are building

so hopefully next week I will have several hundred more acres

Mikee