Really struggling with my game shooting..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cross dominant, shoot right handed with my miroku and close my left eye. I'm not digweed standard, but can hold my own in most company, definitely shoot better on walked up or snap shooting, given enough time on a driven bird I over think it and don't have a fluid swing

I'm left eye dominant and at first I was really struggling, now I just close one eye, I found my gun was a lot to do with it as well. I had a beretta and changed to a miroku and I was hitting 90% more !

It's obviously a personal thing but I am the same, shot beretta very badly for a long time, miroku changed my shooting like it was an epiphany.

Spoke to soon ! Had a very bad morning on the clays !! 11/30 !!!

For clay a 3rd is about the running for me, people stood behind me, clicking, tutting and telling me they can see my shot string, hate it.

Pigeon I'm good for 1-3 on good days.

For clay a 3rd is about the running for me, people stood behind me, clicking, tutting and telling me they can see my shot string, hate it.

Pigeon I'm good for 1-3 on good days.

Well I didn't want to say anything but I'm a better pigeon shooter than clay shooter ! Edited by Royboy

My mounting was not good and was looking onto the barrels more than along and i was following targets and not getting infront of them. He also said its good that i knew where i was missing targets as its easier for me to adjust.

He also explained the proportion of spread shot. Basically shooting the feet of the target.

My mounting was not good and was looking onto the barrels more than along and i was following targets and not getting infront of them. He also said its good that i knew where i was missing targets as its easier for me to adjust.

He also explained the proportion of spread shot. Basically shooting the feet of the target.

I think that was probably the biggest problem I faced. Anything I could shoot directly at wasn`t a problem but it took quite a while for me to trust myself to add lead. Shooting skeet and buying a gun with longer, 32" barrels, really helped me out.

Glad you`ve been given some solutions. Time to put it into practice now. :good:

I am reading Chris Batha's book the instinctive shot (a practical guide to modern game shooting) at the moment and would recommend that also for anyone looking to improve, he goes into detail about techniques for all aspects including driven birds. Its 20 quid in waterstones and a great buy!! His gun mounting youtubes (and other stuff) are good too. The book covers all the usual approaches swing through, pull away, maintained lead, churchill etc he goes into detail about what approach he thinks works best in various situations. Might be a helpful read :good:

I am reading Chris Batha's book the instinctive shot (a practical guide to modern game shooting) at the moment and would recommend that also for anyone looking to improve, he goes into detail about techniques for all aspects including driven birds. Its 20 quid in waterstones and a great buy!! His gun mounting youtubes (and other stuff) are good too. The book covers all the usual approaches swing through, pull away, maintained lead, churchill etc he goes into detail about what approach he thinks works best in various situations. Might be a helpful read :good:

£13 amazon