Amir Khan

Gordon R

I can't pick up a paper without reading about what Amir Khan is going to do next.

First - he's going to fight Mayweather - doesn't happen - says Mayweather wants to avoid him.

Second - he's going to fight Pacquiao - doesn't happen - says Pacquiao wants to avoid him.

Third - he wants to fight Garcia - who slaughtered him - doesn't appear to be happening. Possibly Garcia is also avoiding him - although it would be hard to imagine why.

Fourth - he says he won't fight Brook, unless he gets roughly 4 x what Brook gets - who is allegedly not in the same league as Khan - despite him being World Champion and never knocked out.

He must be desperate to set the record straight with Prescott or Peterson, but these don't seem to be happening.

Still - it's nice to recall what does happen when he gets in a proper fight, where his iron jaw and lightning reflexes serve him well.

felly100

Someone who formerly worked for me had his father in law knocked down, in Bolton, by Khan. He subsequently died. His widow blamed Khan.

I came across him in Bolton Crown Court when he appeared for that offence. I did not take to him.

A good friend's daughter was at the same school as Khan. She does not speak highly of him.

I spoke to a Solicitors' Clerk in Bolton, who also knew him. She did not speak highly of him.

I would hardly call it a personal gripe. He just gets on my nerves with his overblown opinion of himself - including his excellent driving.

Edited by Gordon R

Lee, I think my grandmother would chin him and she's been dead for 20 years.

This I will say - I honestly believe that he is brave or stupid beyond his ability. He is a very good boxer, but some of those knockdowns are truly bad. He can't take a punch at the top level or even the next few levels down. I genuinely worry about how he will end up.

Presumably "Team Khan" are happy to put him in with these fighters.

Seems to have a bit of a glass jaw?

:shaun:

glass jaw hard **** with being put on it so much, seen him on tv a few times seems like a gob **** to me, but then again i thought that about eubank and prince maseem and they turned out to be 2 of my favorite boxers, kind of lost touch with boxing after the tyson days, then got in to UFC so boxing was hard to watch after that, kept expecting the boxer to jump on top of who ever he had just put to ground but it never happened,

Used to have some of the fastest gloves and combinations when he started out. Full of promise then he found out he had a glass head,don't even need to hit his jaw just his head or neck anywhere near it and he goes down.

Gordon,thanks for the reply.

I thought he was a Bolton hero!

We've got our own annoying little boxer here,although he lives in exile down South now

He is one of the most annoying people I've heard.

felly100

Someone who formerly worked for me had his father in law knocked down, in Bolton, by Khan. He subsequently died. His widow blamed Khan.

I came across him in Bolton Crown Court when he appeared for that offence. I did not take to him.

A good friend's daughter was at the same school as Khan. She does not speak highly of him.

I spoke to a Solicitors' Clerk in Bolton, who also knew him. She did not speak highly of him.

I would hardly call it a personal gripe. He just gets on my nerves with his overblown opinion of himself - including his excellent driving.

+1 i have heard similar from locals who knew him

i know a girl who used to work in the same nightclub where I was a doorman in Manchester..

She doesn't speak very highly of him, apparently he's not very nice to woman away from public eyes..

I've met him loads of times and he does think he's some type of world wide superstar and should only be fighting the elite but as said there's fights out there for him but he's looking for a massive payday as his career is in tatters and he needs one last pay off..

I like Khan and remember he has only lost 3 times in his career and one of them was daylight robbery by a Cheat and a terrible decision.

Khans got great heart and a big sett of Cojonas.Unlike many fighters he is not afraid to leave his back yard and takes fights along way from home.

I dont like the term Glass chin, I wonder how many on here ever got a proper bang on the Chin..? True he is no Carl froch when it comes to taking a clean shot and its unfortunate for a fighter that has so much talent. Would people say Jose Aldo has a glass jaw/chin after being knocked sparko by Conor Mcgregor..? As he says Timing beats speed and precision beats power..The head is a vunerable area and if hit in the right area it can affect the body.

For me Khan is an exciting fighter to watch similar to Nigel benn..You dont know if he or his opponent is gonna get knocked out. Far better in my opinion than someone like mayweather prancing around the ring. I know if both Khan and Mayweather were fighting at the same time on the same night at different venues. I know which fight i would be tuning into watch anf it wouldnt be Pretty boy.

True Khan should and i think he will fight Brook..He really has to get this fight happening for the sake of his own legacy. He had a great win over Devon Alexander and seemed to be a much better fighter than he was under Roach. However in his last fight against Chris Algieri all the old defensive problems where there and Algiieri was able to hit him far to easy, A bigger puncher and he may have had bigger problems.

Intersetinly ,im reading a book at the moment by a well knowm sports psychologist over here and he mentions in the book about running into Khan at a Train station in London shortly after his Olympic success and he said he found him to be both Friendly and Humble. He went on to say as he was leaving he shook hands and put his other hand on Khans shoulder and he said whilst also reffering to one of the players he managed as a football manager that they were the only people that felt as if they were made of somethng other than flesh and bone more steel like. Im sure someone will have something smart to say to that.!

At the end of the day people are entitled to like and dislike who they want for whatever reason.

I think a lot of hate/dislike towards Khan is Race/religon related as is clear by many of the comments under some of his youtube fight clips.

I am not for one minute suggesting that that is the reason for anyone on here' not liking him.

I like him and i dont think he is washed up just yet..!!

Ps Frampton v Quigg is getting ever closer..Really cant wait for this one. Still fancy Quigg to beat the Jackal. Frampton clearly has the more tools but somethings telling me Quigg can stop him.

Khan has never fought the people who beat him, trying to set the record straight. There is always some reason - it never seems to be Team Khan's fault.

I would think more of him if he fought Peterson, Prescott and Garcia, but suspect the outcome would be the same.

I too think Scott Quigg will win, although it is harder to call than one of Khan's fights.

I dont like the term Glass chin, I wonder how many on here ever got a proper bang on the Chin..?

I'm sorry but he does seem to have a glass chin, timing and speed or not,

Your question of how many on here ever got a proper bang on the chin is irrelevant as we are not putting ours in a sport where if you get hit you go down,

He is an ok boxer, but not an ok fighter........you can have the fastest hands and footwork but when someone lands a punch, lucky or not and you go down then your night is over

:shaun: