Orban's speech puts EU and immigration into perspective

fern01

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good statement but IS Hungary putting in place a timetable for when it is going to leave the EU? If you look at the crowd in the background whilst he is making the speech The majority are just chatting with others and not really paying attention to the speaker. This is the same as over here. If you ask most people what they think about us leaving or staying in the EU they just say that they don't know what it is about. What We need is a Winston Churchill type to really get up and tell it how it is. We on here mainly seem to want out but the general public don't come on here. Does anyone use other types of forum where there is a strong feeling for staying or leaving? What do the poles like Mori say? What is the betting forecast?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/11617702/poll.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3507007/Brexit-support-surging-Mail-poll-shows-Shift-11-points-turn-year-leaves-vote-knife-edge-despite-dire-warnings-Remain-campaigners.html

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/politics/british-politics/eu-referendum/referendum-on-eu-membership-result

What do the betting odds mean? I'm not a betting man so it is all mumbo jumbo to me.

Edited by fortune

This is why the out campaign really needs a Winston Churchill type to get up there on a soapbox and rouse the undecided. I can't understand the royal's not getting in on this one. If we become a minor member of Europe like a county they will be sidelined out of the frame. Job title >> celebrity royal and supermarket opener. Still perhaps that's what they are now.

A very measured and well put together speech, I wonder what sort of a reaction that sort of speech would have over here if we had a politician with the cojones to deliver and mean it?

They sound like the words of a man with his nations future in mind, not just looking to secure his own political future.

We need our own Orban here.

Orban is a corrupt leader of a corrupt regime. He said once watch what I'm doing, not what I'm talking about. This speech is aimed for the hungarian voters, to gain votes. He uses the whole migration situation for his own political interest, while steailing lots/majority of EU funds. Your tax money. My tax money. I'm hungarian, I know.

Y

A very measured and well put together speech, I wonder what sort of a reaction that sort of speech would have over here if we had a politician with the cojones to deliver and mean it?

They sound like the words of a man with his nations future in mind, not just looking to secure his own political future.

We need our own Orban here.

You are so wrong with your second to last sentence. We call him Victator.... Edited by londonercsecse

Orban is a corrupt leader of a corrupt regime. He said once watch what I'm doing, not what I'm talking about. This speach is aimed for the hungarian voters, to gain votes. He uses the whole migration situation for his own political interest, while steailing lots/majority of EU funds. Your tax money. My tax money. I'm hungarian, I know.

Y You are so wrong with your second to last sentence. We call him Victator....

Whats new there. Isn't there a load of corruption in the EU anyway? The French farmers milk the system and every country has some blattent fiddle going on.

Also at this speech, 3000 of the spectators were polish to boost the numbers of the audience, organised trip from Poland. They don't speak hungarian.

That explains why the people in the background weren't taking much interested in what he was saying. They were all immigrants and didn't understand what he was on about. I'm not sure of the implications of that in regards to what he was saying.

A man who refuses to bow down to the EU's bullying, and Merkel's forced migration policy.

A man who sends the weak, liberal, chattering classes scurrying to their nearest 'safe space'.

What's not to like?

I believe Mr Orban is planning to hold a referendum on whether Hungary should accept the quota of refugees imposed on them by Brussels. As the politicians like to say 'I think that's the right thing to do'.

After all it's the people who will have to live with the consequences of the proposed quota, not the politicians.

It's time politicians realised they work solely in the interests of the people they were elected to represent. Mr Orban seems to grasp this, it's a pity Dave the Unready hasn't quite grasped this fundamental element of democracy yet.