Kiss Goodbye

krugerandsmith

The shop does not own your watch as they do not own it the liquidators AFAIK cannot sell it to pay any debts owed by the company .

As long as the shop has paperwork / computer records to show who owns what I am sure you will get the watch back.

The shop does not own your watch as they do not own it the liquidators AFAIK cannot sell it to pay any debts owed by the company .

As long as the shop has paperwork / computer records to show who owns what I am sure you will get the watch back.

This is correct, you should have a ticket saying the watch is yours or maybe a bank record showing payment to the company may do it

But you may have to be a "little firm" with the liquidators, they like to think of them as a law unto themselves. Dealt with them a few times, expect obstructions, arrogance and to be just downright ignored.

Best of luck

This is the way it should work,

However, watching the lovely show "Can't pay, we'll take it away" and the lovely debt collector men turned up at some girls parents house and were "recovering" goods for a debt.

The uncle said that the stuff in the house belongs to her parents or him and not even her property.

They claimed that unless they had sale receipts for the stuff they would seize them.

Now do you have sale receipts for everything in your home ? Cos I certainly don't have any. They're absolutely ruthless and care not at all about what's fair. Just out to extort as much money from folk as possible!

However, watching the lovely show "Can't pay, we'll take it away" and the lovely debt collector men turned up at some girls parents house and were "recovering" goods for a debt.

The uncle said that the stuff in the house belongs to her parents or him and not even her property.

They claimed that unless they had sale receipts for the stuff they would seize them.

Now do you have sale receipts for everything in your home ? Cos I certainly don't have any. They're absolutely ruthless and care not at all about what's fair. Just out to extort as much money from folk as possible!

Perhaps not but if I had dropped off a watch in for repair I would expect some sort of receipt and they must have some system of knowing which watch belongs to who otherwise how would they know who to give it back to?

He doesn't need any sales receipt, he simply needs the docket he should have received when he dropped the watch off.

The watch is not an asset of the liquidated company.

The firm is apparently in the hands of Liquidators, they are not debt collectors/bailiffs.

:good:

If anyone takes your watch it's theft and the ticket is all you need. No watch back from liquidator call on the police with your recept

Not necessarily. There are a number of things it could be. Another option could be the act of "Criminal Conversion". i.e.If you inform the liquidator and despite that knowledge they still sell your watch. But it's unlikely the police would act over just a watch. Those days are gone sadly - a question of ltd resources and priorities. Best bet is as others have said is to keep at the liquidators.