Fox club

WelshMike

Well done mate. Best place for you.....in your homemade cage :lol::lol:

Hahaha :lol: :lol: unfortunately its true. But atleast no manbags were used.. Just a bit of patience a reed caller a lamp and my mauser. Have to say though, calling then lanp field to check followed by called then thinking id have to lamp and shoot one handed makes for tricky scenario, glad my scopes good. Fox not so glad :good: Edited by ShootingEgg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha :lol: :lol: unfortunately its true. But atleast no manbags were used.. Just a bit of patience a reed caller a lamp and my mauser. Have to say though, calling then lanp field to check followed by called then thinking id have to lamp and shoot one handed makes for tricky scenario, glad my scopes good. Fox bot so glad :good:

:lol::good: Well done bud.

I had a shocking night last night...

Went out, hand called, fox appeared, easy 100 yard shot...missed......less easy 150 yard shot...missed...easy 120 yard shot ...missed...must have knocked the rifle so about to call it a night and the fox legged it in my direction and got hit straight in the centre of the chest at about 40 yards....100% success rate (saw 1 shot 1) though but god know what was wrong with me (bet the rifle is spot on). Good job I had NV and a young fox....next round will be me vs a target. :no:

Went out, hand called, fox appeared, easy 100 yard shot...missed......less easy 150 yard shot...missed...easy 120 yard shot ...missed...must have knocked the rifle so about to call it a night and the fox legged it in my direction and got hit straight in the centre of the chest at about 40 yards....100% success rate (saw 1 shot 1) though but god know what was wrong with me (bet the rifle is spot on). Good job I had NV and a young fox....next round will be me vs a target. :no:

Make sure its a big target then bud :lol:

And here im hoping is mr fox from last night

IMG_20170822_WA0013.jpg

IMG_20170822_WA0015.jpg

Edited by ShootingEgg

It happens from time to time Mike ....at least you still got it though :good:

Edited by FOXHUNTER1

It happens from time to time Mike ....at least you still got it though :good:

:lol: Cheers Mark, I would have put it down to fright apart from the awful mess when round no 4 hit him. :lol:

Make sure its a big target then bud :lol:

And here im hoping is mr fox from last night

IMG_20170822_WA0013.jpg

IMG_20170822_WA0015.jpg

:lol::lol: Going to start with a sheet of 8 x 4 ply at 50 yards and see if I can hit that...or a barn door.

Eeeek, that's a nightmare of a night Mike. Happens to all of us though, don't let it get you down. :good:

Unlucky mike sounds like something is out. Hopefully a few clicks and your good to go. Shame as it sounds like you would of put a few on the ground and had a good night

Had the same happen last week..3 shots at the one fox ,furthest only 100yds.3 misses...put the rifle away in disgust..driving out of the field spotted a rabbit,got the rifle set up across the bonnet.ranged it at 184yds and blew it apart...just put it down to a bad night...

Unlucky mike sounds like something is out. Hopefully a few clicks and your good to go. Shame as it sounds like you would of put a few on the ground and had a good night

Fingers crossed. More then likely I didnt have my luck man bag and thats what did it :lol::lol: At least I saw one and shot 1......positive spin and all that :lol:

Had the same happen last week..3 shots at the one fox ,furthest only 100yds.3 misses...put the rifle away in disgust..driving out of the field spotted a rabbit,got the rifle set up across the bonnet.ranged it at 184yds and blew it apart...just put it down to a bad night...

Glad its not just me then. A couple of shots at a target will confirm that its me and not the rifle...obviously having some sort of mental episode :lol:

Out on tues night and bagged one with the nv on bait in a field where i saw 4. Picked it up in the middle of the field meaning to drop it at the hedge and forgot about it taking it home. Much to the amusement of my dog.

Back to the same field last night with Bumpy and we saw several. Calls were struggling and no shot presented, very very frustrating.

Bumpy says he has a new toy for fri night. :unhappy: Should i be worried ;) ?

Edited by oowee

Out on tues night and bagged one with the nv on bait in a field where i saw 4. Picked it up in the middle of the field meaning to drop it at the hedge and forgot about it taking it home. Much to the amusement of my dog.

Back to the same field last night with Bumpy and we saw several. Calls were struggling and no shot presented, very very frustrating.

I would be worried!

Hope the move goes smoothly :yes: Then I'm sure you will be back with a vengeance ..

Cheers Mark. I reckon once the move happens I will spend the next 2 years doing renovation work :lol:

Well done on the fox mate. With regards to Ed and a new battery operated toy....be fearful :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

its called a rampant rabbit. suppose to last all night got to better than this foxpro rubbish :hmm: although foxes were not mentioned in description there was a bloke mentioning dogging which i assume is bolting foxes with terriers :yes:

Now I am worried. Who is driving? :lol::lol:

ps thought you were working......

Decided to give the Baikal field a miss just in case he has had a visit.

Edited by oowee

Managed a couple of nights on the river before more rainfall but it out of action again. Back out after a fox last night instead. Called at a perm where I'd taken 5 in a visit a couple of weeks ago so wasn't expecting big numbers about. I reckoned there was still possibly a cub and vixen about though. Wind was quite strong and was taking the call away but did manage to coax one in for a shot. Nothing else seen.

36629771222_2379db6c83_c.jpg

Just got in and bagged a couple off the freshly cut wheat field's. Would have stopped a little longer but early morning forced an early end. Combines still going till possible gone midnight. I'm back tomorrow night so should get a few more.

post-2987-0-21100500-1503732436_thumb.jpg

Back tonight, the rows of straw left before being bailed must be 2.5 feet high in places, and of course Mr Fox is always behind the highest parts.

Edited by Dougy