Just voted in

felly100

I don't get the animosity.

The vote will be for the status quo and remain but I have consoled myself with the knowledge that it all has to and will fall over inside a decade. Even if there was an out win it would take that time to extricate ourselves. So, it is what it is and there's no point getting ****ty about it albeit a couple have clearly outted themselves as being deeply unpleasant human beings.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the vote should have been restricted to pepole below 40 they are the ones who will have to deal with the consequenses of the result

are you over 30 by any chance (perhaps the vote should be restricted to the under 20's)

I always think that if someone is 100% certain about something that it is impossible to be certain about, then they are either incapable of critical thought or just wishful thinkers.

I'm 100% behind you with that one

the vote should have been restricted to pepole below 40 they are the ones who will have to deal with the consequenses of the result

why :hmm:

most of the coffin dodgers on PW will have long shuffled off its the younger generation who have been left to deal with the mess created by the baby boomers with their intolerance bigotry and short sighted attitude to the environment why should they mess it up again

You just can't help yourself can you! Do you not pause for a moment to give a little thought before posting? Do you seriously think those of us above 40 would jeopardise the future of our kids to prove a point? I want out before the whole shebang goes bang and we have civil unrest.

Bigotry and intolerance isn't an age thing; are you blinkered? You can see it on the streets of our towns and cities on a daily basis, and on the football terraces on a regular basis, and much of it coming from a group of individuals half my age. The baby boomers are the make do and mend generation, unlike the present generation of disposable, wear it once and chuck it out generation we have now. I can darn my own socks and sew my keks up when they tear; I have a pair of shoes older than my youngest kid, and he's nearly seventeen. My vehicle is older than the combined age of both my kids.

Just pause to think...pleeeeaaase.

You haven't answered my last question

There are many reported cases of criminals from other European countries coming here and committing crimes, Cameron admitted during a debate that a Hungarian judge and a Cypriot judge intervened over laws mentioned during the Queens speech

What about the French authorities in Calais telling our men there to go home and getting lax again with border control.

That's a bilateral agreement between the UK and France. Nothing to do with the EU.

The vote will be for the status quo and remain but I have consoled myself with the knowledge that it all has to and will fall over inside a decade. Even if there was an out win it would take that time to extricate ourselves. So, it is what it is and there's no point getting ****ty about it albeit a couple have clearly outted themselves as being deeply unpleasant human beings.

Yep

I'm nice really!

We don’t get a vote in the Isle of Man, despite being a member of EU via the UK. Seems a bit unfair when a Brexit will probably hit us very hard. I think the Channel Islands are the same but I believe Gibraltar have a vote.

I did not realise this, Why is this the case.?

You just can't help yourself can you! Do you not pause for a moment to give a little thought before posting? Do you seriously think those of us above 40 would jeopardise the future of our kids to prove a point? I want out before the whole shebang goes bang and we have civil unrest.

Bigotry and intolerance isn't an age thing; are you blinkered? You can see it on the streets of our towns and cities on a daily basis, and on the football terraces on a regular basis, and much of it coming from a group of individuals half my age. The baby boomers are the make do and mend generation, unlike the present generation of disposable, wear it once and chuck it out generation we have now. I can darn my own socks and sew my keks up when they tear; I have a pair of shoes older than my youngest kid, and he's nearly seventeen. My vehicle is older than the combined age of both my kids.

Just pause to think...pleeeeaaase.

You so have a point. It does annoy me how so much of the remain rhetoric has been about this business of selling off future generations to prove a point and it's ridiculous. No one is that moronic and callous (I hope).

You might think you know the lot but you are only just out of nappies. Listen to your elders but you won't.

No, I just disagree with you. And your logic doesn't work. Every single one of those experts who have backed Remain is older than me, and more to the point they have expertise in areas that are not my strong point, so I'm happy to listen to them and trust their opinion. So, as it turns out, I am listening to my elders..

Edited by chrisjpainter

We don’t get a vote in the Isle of Man, despite being a member of EU via the UK. Seems a bit unfair when a Brexit will probably hit us very hard. I think the Channel Islands are the same but I believe Gibraltar have a vote.

As said, why is that?

But the IoM has certain distinctions rom the rest of the UK anyway.

This "In" thread is starting to catch the "Out"thread in terms of replies.

COME ON!!!

Knock heads together, why when junker has already stated nothing will change.

He's not Davros from the Daleks.

He won't be here forever.

My goodness there is a lot of animosity and bitterness swirling just below the surface of PW at times.

The relentless posting of the same stuff over and over again in countless threads has really got an awful lot of people into a right mood.

Felly, good man for sticking with your principles and voting the way that you believe.

We have proper border controls. How do you spot a terrorist ?

If we have proper border controls how come people have managed to travel all the way through Europe, then to Birmingham via Paris Brussels.

How do you spot a terrorist, profiling analysis and years of training.

We REALLY should have a LIKE button on here Scully. I am 76 in September and have no intention of departing this world without dropping a few more pigeons. I have paid my full share over the years and don't see why people who cannot see the wood from the trees should put our country in

jeopardy. Most people under 30 cannot see any further than the screen on their IPhones, one almost walked under my Land Rover this morning.

The EU is corrupt to the core and at this moment the leeches in Brussels are filling their pants because their well paid future is on the

skids. It is a bit like driving down the fast lane of the motorway, you see a puff of dust ahead and see a 40 tonner start to jack knife but

instead of lifting off the gas and backing off; looking for an opening and an alternative plan. You keep foot hard to the floor hoping to thread

yourself through the mayhem ahead. I would be looking for a nice spot on the embankment to park my Land Rover safe and sound and sit it out.

We REALLY should have a LIKE button on here Scully. I am 76 in September and have no intention of departing this world without dropping a few more pigeons. I have paid my full share over the years and don't see why people who cannot see the wood from the trees should put our country in

jeopardy. Most people under 30 cannot see any further than the screen on their IPhones, one almost walked under my Land Rover this morning.

The EU is corrupt to the core and at this moment the leeches in Brussels are filling their pants because their well paid future is on the

skids. It is a bit like driving down the fast lane of the motorway, you see a puff of dust ahead and see a 40 tonner start to jack knife but

instead of lifting off the gas and backing off; looking for an opening and an alternative plan. You keep foot hard to the floor hoping to thread

yourself through the mayhem ahead. I would be looking for a nice spot on the embankment to park my Land Rover safe and sound and sit it out.

The usual haunting ground of the Land Rover. Will you be having a sauna with the steam pouring from the bonnet? We could have set up a nice business in traffic jams with ours

Edited by chrisjpainter