SKY RV alternative

MITCHF

Just cancelled Sky, and bought a Kodi box - M8S+ - Still coming to terms with it, it literally only got plugged in yesterday! I live in an old farmhouse with very thick walls (15" SDS drill not long enough to get through from one side...), and wifi through the house is not good. I tried the plug in broadband extender that works through the ring mains, but fell foul of the fact that we don't have ring mains, it's radially wired, so the other plug in gizmos are not on the same circuit as the base one... So I have run a Cat6 cable from the router around the house to the main TV yesterday, and will see if I get good results from that.

If anyone's interested enough, I will post updates on how it goes.

Mike.

What about a Now TV box? Seriously thinking about cancelling as I could do with the 65 quid a month the Mrs spends on it.

read my post above please please do a search on YouTube on the box you will save money trust me on that pm the members I posted above how there getting on with theres.

Iam a bit simple let me get this right. I can get all channels on sky, record and rewind for a one off fee of about £100.

I have really slow broadband so can't use that.

Cheers john

Iam a bit simple let me get this right. I can get all channels on sky, record and rewind for a one off fee of about £100.

I have really slow broadband so can't use that.

Cheers john

you are right about £100 or so

Slow broadband my brother has half Meg and his work so take what you can from that even if you can't get the sky bit to work you will still have a great free view box with kodi on

Don't watch TV, get off the couch and do something!!!!!!

Simples lol lol,

I've got a box with pulse/ kodi ?? On it ,

Got it for the kids and missus,

It's got everything on it( thru a mate of mine lol) £40 job done, I watch the discovery and history channels on it every now and then,

The wife and kids love it, I ain't got a clue how to work the bleddy thing lol,

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Quick update,

I rang Sky and told them I wanted to cancel.....told them I was trying to save some money and this was the best,

She told me they could give me a discount of 25% for 3 months, taking it down to £24, I said I'm not paying £32 I'm paying £28 +pennies, she replied yes but that's discounted, you should be paying £32, less your extra discount of £8 bringing it down to £24,

No thanks I would like to cancel, so we agreed a final date of 25th of july.........call ends

Today I get a call from Sky asking why I want to leave......same answer, I'm trying to save some money, he replies "can I make you an offer?"

Go on then........"how about £20 per month?", I will think about it........

"Ok then.......how about £50 credited to your account, £18.69 per month for 12 months, no contract you can leave at anytime?"

So he says in July you will pay £9.96, August is free, September is free, October is £16.03, and from then on its £18.69 a month.....

So for now I have signed up to that.....

I tried for a new box as well but he couldn't swing it......

:shaun:

Quick update,

I rang Sky and told them I wanted to cancel.....told them I was trying to save some money and this was the best,

She told me they could give me a discount of 25% for 3 months, taking it down to £24, I said I'm not paying £32 I'm paying £28 +pennies, she replied yes but that's discounted, you should be paying £32, less your extra discount of £8 bringing it down to £24,

No thanks I would like to cancel, so we agreed a final date of 25th of july.........call ends

Today I get a call from Sky asking why I want to leave......same answer, I'm trying to save some money, he replies "can I make you an offer?"

Go on then........"how about £20 per month?", I will think about it........

"Ok then.......how about £50 credited to your account, £18.69 per month for 12 months, no contract you can leave at anytime?"

So he says in July you will pay £9.96, August is free, September is free, October is £16.03, and from then on its £18.69 a month.....

So for now I have signed up to that.....

I tried for a new box as well but he couldn't swing it......

:shaun:

Told you they would call, stand by your guns for the best deal..

These open boxes do work very good .but we should be very carefull about talking about them on an open forum all i will say is they work . But would not say on an open forum if i have one or not ...

You're the first person to mention it.

I'm fairly uneducated regarding this but isn't it card sharing? So you pay a (company?) to give you access to servers that are connected somehow to a fully paid for sky subscription, your open box or whatever you use then connects to this server?

Interested to see how this thread pans out, not that I care as I owe sky nothing and don't pay a subscription, but it sounds like the people doing this are fraudulently obtaining a service they're not paying for?

Unless this is all above board and legal?

You're the first person to mention it.

I'm fairly uneducated regarding this but isn't it card sharing? So you pay a (company?) to give you access to servers that are connected somehow to a fully paid for sky subscription, your open box or whatever you use then connects to this server?

Interested to see how this thread pans out, not that I care as I owe sky nothing and don't pay a subscription, but it sounds like the people doing this are fraudulently obtaining a service they're not paying for?

Unless this is all above board and legal?

Muddy

You are indeed correct.

This request for a Sky alternative has been covered on the forum several times before( and not removed either)

Regarding the service received- to clarify, you buy the box and then buy 'access' to a card sharing service which have to be renewed on whatever basis you purchased I.e 6 months or a year.

Some of the places selling these 'lines' are resellers selling 'test' lines and can be very problematic with lots of freezin if the picture due to ' card' saturation.

Many providers are fly by night as above- but thee are a core group of 'reliable' ones.

Internet speed requirements are negligible due to the fact your only receiving small packets of data and not streaming the program as per 'Now tv' or such like.

Hope this helps a bit