cost to have a car transported 140 miles

four-wheel-drive

Well you cant use the car on the remaining MOT so quite why you were alowed to add it to a new test i have no idea how does that work then.?

Seems they have changed their minds again...

https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/after-the-test

Driving a vehicle that’s failed

You can take your vehicle away if your MOT certificate is still valid.

If your MOT has run out you can take your vehicle to:

• have the failed defects fixed
  • a pre-arranged MOT test appointment
Edited by MrM

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AH! Ok i Am trully sorry Boomstick and Shaun it was not my intention to offend i just knew or at least thought i knew the law from September last year, i knew because my VW failed and i was told this chapter and verse.

Sorry i was unaware they had changed the law yet again, i have to say it did seem a triffle unfair of them at the time.

Where once did i say IF the car did not fail its test ? Its not me needs the darked room is it, show me one place where i said when a car passes>?

For your own sake please stop digging as the hole you have there is not a ladder long enough to get you out of it.its been fun but I am bored with it now.good luck to the op I hope he gets his car and suffers no ill.

For your own sake please stop digging as the hole you have there is not a ladder long enough to get you out of it.its been fun but I am bored with it now.good luck to the op I hope he gets his car and suffers no ill.

So can we finally put this to rest?

But keep it civil or I will close it!

:shaun:

Just shut it shaun i have apologised on my part yet the insults are still coming in i will not reply to the individual, for the sake of this forum. All i ever did here was quote the laws as i know them, i make a mistake not even relatrive to the op and get this. shut it.

Where once did i say IF the car did not fail its test ? Its not me needs the darked room is it, show me one place where i said when a car passes>?

All I said was my last car was tested on the 8th and runs out 20th next year.you then told me I was giving you bs. Now you are resorting to insults to the mods.dear o dear

And fyi it's been eleven years since I had a car/truck fail its test.there has been the odd fail on the lorry side but that's a different matter.

Edited by bostonmick

You misunderstood my good fellow

Book it in for an mot close to home.

Go and pick it up and as you are going for an mot you can legally drive it (insurance of course)

Take it home, ring mot place and cancel

Done...

the mot must be booked in at a local station, not sure i would want to find out how booking it in to a station 140 miles away from your collection point would go in court if you got pulled on your journey

the mot must be booked in at a local station, not sure i would want to find out how booking it in to a station 140 miles away from your collection point would go in court if you got pulled on your journey

Are we really doing this again?

There is not a single piece of law or legislation to back up your 'theory'

You can choose whichever mot station of your choice no matter if its 1 or 300 miles away

This is a fact that CANNOT be disputed

LowStandards, on 24 Jul 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

You misunderstood my good fellow

Book it in for an mot close to home.

Go and pick it up and as you are going for an mot you can legally drive it (insurance of course)

Take it home, ring mot place and cancel

Done...

You have no grasp of deception. If we follow your logic, you set off home perfectly legally (according to you) and then instead of going to the garage - you merely drive home and cancel. In the time that you were driving, you would be breaking the law, because it was never your intention to drive to the garage. You might well sit at home feeling smug that you had got around the law - which was never intended for this purpose.

If you got clocked by an ANPR camera, it would show that there was no MOT at that time and you wouldn't be able to get a backdated one. If you were involved in a serious accident, the deception would unravel.

The problem with internet advice is that people dish it out with no thought as to worst case scenario.

Check with your insurance company - see if they share your view.. Check if your FLO likes you dishing out irresponsible advice.

Whats up?

How about this then, dumb it down for some of you

You can only use your closest rfd, literally as the crow flies. No ifs no buts, i said so, doesnt matter if he's over priced, unskilled and there is a much better one you really want to use. The goverment is dictating to you where you can spend your hard earned. Whilst were at it, you must use the closest supermarket; dont like Lidl? Dont care, the goverment says its the closest and as such you must use it...

Far fetched right?

Its EXACTLY the same, you want to buy a gun from Scotland but live in the Midlands, hold up, thats several hundred miles of a firearm casually lobbed in the boot, think of the children!

You have no grasp of deception. If we follow your logic, you set off home perfectly legally (according to you) and then instead of going to the garage - you merely drive home and cancel. In the time that you were driving, you would be breaking the law, because it was never your intention to drive to the garage. You might well sit at home feeling smug that you had got around the law - which was never intended for this purpose.

If you got clocked by an ANPR camera, it would show that there was no MOT at that time and you wouldn't be able to get a backdated one. If you were involved in a serious accident, the deception would unravel.

The problem with internet advice is that people dish it out with no thought as to worst case scenario.

Check with your insurance company - see if they share your view.. Check if your FLO likes you dishing out irresponsible advice.

No law is broken, i can cancel an mot appointment as i could a dentist appointment. And as i said in a previous post, i would take it for the mot, i merely speculated a cheap option...

Come on gordie my good chum, you have spouted so much bull**** in this thread i'm literally drowning in it.

Ive stated it is legal to drive to any mot station over and over, ive also stated that mot/tax is nothing to do with liability insurance. I've also referenced the relevant gov.uk websites.

I dont know what more you want from me.

I dont know how i can get it down to a level you'd understand, it's real hard to use crayons and finger puppets on a forum...

Edited by LowStandards

Makes sense to me.

Makes no sense, at all.

If a letter was sent a simple reply stating you were booked in but cancelled due to a breakdown would surfice, the garage has a log of you being booked in, right or wrong morally, it would do the trick. But AGAIN, i said cancell as a cost cutting, last measure.

As for having an accident, it would be the same as having an accident with an mot'd car.

My last word on this because it's now so far off what the OP actually wanted info on

1- you travel down to pick up car

2- you book car in for MOT at home

3- you drive home and on arrival phone garage and cancel the appointment.

Where your theory drops you in the do do is as you drive down your street a police car follows and the ANPR clocks you have no tax or MOT

You argue that it's booked in at Athur Daleys for an MOT that very day......

This is where it gets good,

When you drive to a pre booked MOT appointment without an MOT you have to drive straight there, not even allowed to stop for a paper as that's construed as shopping.

So now you get done for no MOT and no Tax because you went home and not to the MOT centre

:shaun:

Shaun, your view is incorrect, sorry, you can stop eat/drink/fill up with fuel

I'm finding it really hard to have the words to describe how frustrating it is to put across these really really simple facts

Let me try once more.

The government/dvla/vosa/your insurance company have exactly zero rights to tell you where you can spend your money on an mot, zero!

If you take your roadworthy car and drive it 300 miles for an mot, it's your choice and no one else's.

If you have an accident you will be subject to the exact same laws and scrutiny as you would in a car with 11months and 29 days mot.

Not possible now sorry its remaining MOT period is void from when it fails on the system now full stop.

Sure on this ? From Gov website ,

Failing the MOT

If your vehicle fails the MOT:

You can appeal the result if you think it’s wrong.

Driving a vehicle that’s failed

You can take your vehicle away if your MOT certificate is still valid.

If your MOT has run out you can take your vehicle to:

• have the failed defects fixed
  • a pre-arranged MOT test appointment

Shaun, your view is incorrect, sorry, you can stop eat/drink/fill up with fuel

I'm finding it really hard to have the words to describe how frustrating it is to put across these really really simple facts

Let me try once more.

The government/dvla/vosa/your insurance company have exactly zero rights to tell you where you can spend your money on an mot, zero!

If you take your roadworthy car and drive it 300 miles for an mot, it's your choice and no one else's.

If you have an accident you will be subject to the exact same laws and scrutiny as you would in a car with 11months and 29 days mot.

Or one with 12 months and 29 days on it.

Just thought I would add that.

If the op is still interested I had a land-rover transported from near Colchester to Boston in January.about 115 miles and was charged 150.00. all insured and completely legal.no need for any schemes to skirt around the law.and i could get on with my day as normal.

Edited by bostonmick