The answer to fundamentalist terrorism is female education.

Oxfordshooter

What Islamic terrorists are really afraid of is women.

What is it really all about? What is the true well-spring of this rage? We have all read that these crazed young men resent America for supporting Israel; that they believe the sufferings of the Iraqi people are excessive; that they hate their own corrupt regimes, especially in Saudi Arabia, and blame America for backing them. None of these geopolitical reasons, I am afraid, quite does the trick, for me. There must be some deeper offence to their pride.

I think it is to do with their sense that they are representatives of a culture under siege. They fear that American morals and values will take them over, just as Coca-Cola and McDonald's have conquered the Earth. What is the biggest single difference between their culture and Western culture? That's easy: it's the treatment of women.

This is a world where women are lashed for adultery; where little girls are denied education; where female teachers are sacked; and where women are kept from elementary health care. Mohammed Omar, the Taliban leader, says that mingling men and women is Western and decadent, and leads to licentiousness. To call these views medieval is an insult to the Middle Ages.

And yet they are held, with varying intensity, across the Muslim world. Islamic fundamentalists look at America, and they see a world full of spookily powerful women, such as Hillary Clinton. So terrifying have been the advances of Western feminism that her ludicrous husband can almost be expelled from office for having a sexual liaison with an intern.

The Muslim fanatics see denatured men, and abortion, and family breakdown, and jezebels who order men around. It tempts them and appals them and, finally, enrages them. Mohammed Omar says that "only ugly and filthy Western cultures allow women to be insulted and dishonoured as a toy". What he means is that only the West allows women to be treated as equals.

Female emancipation has been the biggest social revolution since print. In trying to resist it, the Muslim fanatics are establishing themselves as doomed cultural Luddites. Let me say what the Left cannot say, since it chokes on the contradictions of its position, at once feminist, and yet relativist.

It is time for concerted cultural imperialism. They are wrong about women. We are right. We can't have them blowing us up. The deluded fanatics must be helped to a more generous understanding of the world. Female education is the answer to the global population problem. It is also the ultimate answer to the problem of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism.

Written by Boris Johnson, two weeks after the September 11 attack in 2001

I've said this for years. It is about the only thing my OH and me agree on. Female genitalia mutilation is a prime example of mans fear of an emancipated woman in my opinion.

I've battered her genitalia for years and she still comes up smiling! :yes:

She probably can't even feel it :P lol

I've said this for years. It is about the only thing my OH and me agree on. Female genitalia mutilation is a prime example of mans fear of an emancipated woman in my opinion.

That made oi larff that did. :good:

What is it really all about? What is the true well-spring of this rage? We have all read that these crazed young men resent America for supporting Israel; that they believe the sufferings of the Iraqi people are excessive; that they hate their own corrupt regimes, especially in Saudi Arabia, and blame America for backing them. None of these geopolitical reasons, I am afraid, quite does the trick, for me. There must be some deeper offence to their pride.

I think it is to do with their sense that they are representatives of a culture under siege. They fear that American morals and values will take them over, just as Coca-Cola and McDonald's have conquered the Earth. What is the biggest single difference between their culture and Western culture? That's easy: it's the treatment of women.

This is a world where women are lashed for adultery; where little girls are denied education; where female teachers are sacked; and where women are kept from elementary health care. Mohammed Omar, the Taliban leader, says that mingling men and women is Western and decadent, and leads to licentiousness. To call these views medieval is an insult to the Middle Ages.

And yet they are held, with varying intensity, across the Muslim world. Islamic fundamentalists look at America, and they see a world full of spookily powerful women, such as Hillary Clinton. So terrifying have been the advances of Western feminism that her ludicrous husband can almost be expelled from office for having a sexual liaison with an intern.

The Muslim fanatics see denatured men, and abortion, and family breakdown, and jezebels who order men around. It tempts them and appals them and, finally, enrages them. Mohammed Omar says that "only ugly and filthy Western cultures allow women to be insulted and dishonoured as a toy". What he means is that only the West allows women to be treated as equals.

Female emancipation has been the biggest social revolution since print. In trying to resist it, the Muslim fanatics are establishing themselves as doomed cultural Luddites. Let me say what the Left cannot say, since it chokes on the contradictions of its position, at once feminist, and yet relativist.

It is time for concerted cultural imperialism. They are wrong about women. We are right. We can't have them blowing us up. The deluded fanatics must be helped to a more generous understanding of the world. Female education is the answer to the global population problem. It is also the ultimate answer to the problem of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism.

when the hero fundamentalist men blow up or run down lots of children and then get shot they go straight to heaven and have 60 (whatever) wives, what do women hero fundamentalists get if they do the same ? 60 husbands ? i think not, I suspect the second class hero fundamentalists women dont even go to heaven unless they get picked to be one of the lucky 60 (whatever) wives :unhappy:

:lol: she's putting a brave face on it ;)

Boris has a point but only a small one.

I am not sure about some of these women leaders, the idea is great but instead of statesmen (or stateswomen) some just suck.

Merkel sucks more than May, Sturgeon sucks more than Merkel and Hilary sucks more than Monica

DM

An excellent YouTube post and fascinating to watch- if all Scholars or the East took this view then things sure would be different but I'm afraid it the old dog, new tricks scenario...

Or a version of that BBC series -- Can't learn- Won't learn

Wow...an enlightened man indeed, and a very brave one. He makes some excellent points. Points in which I can see Imperial Britain reflected. A wise man indeed.

Enlightened, brave........but don,t expect him to gather many followers anytime soon.....he,s made himself a target for the lunatics.

Enlightened, brave........but don,t expect him to gather many followers anytime soon.....he,s made himself a target for the lunatics.

Quite. Indoctrination is a powerful thing. I still struggle at times with my christian upbringing; Sunday school in church where we would be given Ladybird books regarding Jesus and his Disciples etc as rewards for bible readings and such.

I can't blame my Mother as she was indoctrinated too.