Blaser f16, opinions?

buze

For 4k I would look at a Perazzi 31.5".

My friend owned one with sideplates and it was a sporter but felt like a wand- it was great to shoot and handle

You mean, second hand?

My only problem with some of the second hand perazzi is that most of them have been shot a *lot* it seems.

I had a really good look at the f16's and to be honest, I think I would have been disappointed it's not on par with the F3. But then again, do we honestly think it could be as good for less?

Still a good gun at that price point, but at the same time look for a decent S/h F3 if you want a Blaser......

I've just bought a little used F3 Super Trap at a good price and I'd say the trigger pulls are superb. I'm no expert trap shooter but it's certainly improved my scores massively the first few times I've used it.

I haven't tried the F16 but it looks nicely made and is a new (cheaper) design so all you can do is give it a try and see what you think. I presume it has the same 10 year warranty as the F3.

I thought about a Perazzi but like you say, they seem to be older well used guns for that price.

For the money you are talking about then you should be able to get an F3 Pro in good condition.

I've tried the F16 and and quite liked it although it's completely different to my F3 Supersport & Ergosign set-up. Essentially the action is the same as the F3, feels slimmer though.

I didn't have any trouble with the trigger on the F16 neither have I had a problem with the trigger on my Supersport or the original F3 or F3 Pro.

I am completely happy with my F3, the trigger pulls are excellent.

Its action internally is not the same as the F16 - that's a really major difference between the two models.

I think the comment about Blaser dreaming up solutions for problems that don't exist is hogwash. They merely reckon that their design is a better one, and their replaceable breech fact, ejector design, in-line strikers, interchangeable components and balancing system do have genuine merit. If you can't tell the difference it doesn't mean there isn't one.

Well as it turns out, Mid Wales hadn't received their lot of f16, so I didn't get to play with one! Next week or so, apparently.

Tried a second hand MX8 -- that fitted me pretty well but I think it was quite 'used', and still quite a bit of money. Second gun I tried was a trap DT10, and that was just too much. Heavier than my B25, and it was kicking my earmuffs of my ears!

So the quest goes on ;-)

I had a go with a demo F16 with grade two wood at Kelbrook, it was not to bad really it handled ok but had a bit too much cast for me, but my mate was impressed with it, he was after a lighter gun to replace his DT11, which at 9lbs is too heavy for him.

We went to Malmos on Thursday as they had a delivery of F16's and he picked an F16 with grade four wood and Bryan gave him an excellent deal which included having an adjustable comb fitted.