Set of barrels for silver pig 5

Foxwit

Hi,

This has more than likely come up before so sorry if this is going over old ground. I want a set of barrels for my beretta silver pigeon 5 its currently a 28inch fixed choke and I want 30inch multi chokes. I have been told its probably easier to buy a new gun, but this was the first gun I owned and it has exceptional wood so am reluctant to sell it. I have also been told to buy a silver pig 1 with the barrel length i want and use those barrels on it?

Alternatively can I buy a preowned set to fit it?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can buy a pre-owned set or a complete old gun.

Either way it will probaly involve a trip to the gunsmith to get the ejection timing set up.

I bought a pair of 32" recently for £350 and saw a pair of 30" go for £320.

Good luck

That seems a good price can I ask where you bought them?

I did this I bought a new silver pigeon and had the barrels matched to the old gun.cost of new barrels was £1100 then you have to buy chokes so was cheaper to buy the gun.i also had a spare ejector so I could use both guns if I wanted.i have since sold both guns and as the sp had not been fired only lost 150 when I sold it.just got fed up with trying to find used barrels

Think yourself lucky you found that many.

When I bought the 32" set from WW, I only found another 2 sets of secondhand and one set of new.

When I say I found 7 that was complete guns - As of yet I have found no second hand barrels at all for it.

rather than spend best part of £1000 and have guns with non matching serial numbers etc howsabout chopping yours in and getting a eell...the classic beretta and an upgrade...guess yours is worth @ £1,500-1,700? that + £1000 should get you a eell with 30 inch tubes and multichokes.personally would look for an 80s/90s gun seemed to have better wood/finish in that period........

rather than spend best part of £1000 and have guns with non matching serial numbers etc howsabout chopping yours in and getting a eell...the classic beretta and an upgrade...guess yours is worth @ £1,500-1,700? that + £1000 should get you a eell with 30 inch tubes and multichokes.personally would look for an 80s/90s gun seemed to have better wood/finish in that period........

I will take two at that price.

this 1 has 28 inch barrels there is 1 with 291/2 in somerset for £2750 and warwickshire for £3k 30inch both m/c.as they are both dealers can look at p/ex etc....a new one is now pushing £6k and with currency swings/euro etc can only see them going up....a eell at @ £3k is an investment....and as I told the wife will do better than leaving cash in the bank at the moment!!..I do think eell is all the beretta you ever need the SOs are getting daft money......no disrespect but have SP and eell and it is a different league..

Boston,

good to be a bit careful..but having just looked at lots b4 buying I would conclude eells are treasured and v well looked after.......I saw only 1 that was in anyway 'tatty'.They are built to last too so would think would be v unlucky to find a 'pup'.The 2 I pointed out above I have not seen but both are with dealers all ready..personally think at @ £3000 they won't be around long.

Boston,

good to be a bit careful..but having just looked at lots b4 buying I would conclude eells are treasured and v well looked after.......I saw only 1 that was in anyway 'tatty'.They are built to last too so would think would be v unlucky to find a 'pup'.The 2 I pointed out above I have not seen but both are with dealers all ready..personally think at @ £3000 they won't be around long.

I have a pair and as you say they are looked after. I would say that at 3k from a dealer they will not be a1.any decent eell will be nearer 4k or above.