Log thiefs strike again!

rovercoupe

I did a job the other week felling 2 trees and i left the main trunks and agreed to come and plank them in a weeks time and went back today and the smaller trunk has done a disappearing act! It wasn't the smallest bit of wood a 2 decent man lift! Going to leave a un bucked log there tomorrow with a few huge screws in it hidden and hope they come back and take it! Rant over.

I did a job the other week felling 2 trees and i left the main trunks and agreed to come and plank them in a weeks time and went back today and the smaller trunk has done a disappearing act! It wasn't the smallest bit of wood a 2 decent man lift! Going to leave a un bucked log there tomorrow with a few huge screws in it hidden and hope they come back and take it! Rant over.

Would that hurt/blind someone or just wreck their saw ?

A few years back, some Scallys climbed into a compound to steal what we think was Lead.

They went to great effort to scale a 10ft wall, carefully place a piece of carpet over the barbed wire on the top, lift another ladder over into the compound. Genius some might say.

Amusingly once inside the compound they quickly realised that the compound was used to exercise military attack dogs. Strange old world hey

A few years back, some Scallys climbed into a compound to steal what we think was Lead.

They went to great effort to scale a 10ft wall, carefully place a piece of carpet over the barbed wire on the top, lift another ladder over into the compound. Genius some might say.

Amusingly once inside the compound they quickly realised that the compound was used to exercise military attack dogs. Strange old world hey

That makes me believe in Karma!!

I will say two things about this first a lot of people cut down trees and just leave the trunks to rot good for the bugs they say also if they do not or cannot be bothered to cut it up and sell as longs a lot of people think it is not worth the bother to much work for little money so if someone wants to take the logs away it saves them the bother they got the £500 or whatever it cost to cut it down Just a thought.

Have you ever thought that they was after steeling the dogs. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

The irony of this is we/I have access to loads of wood for wood fires but neither my farther or farther in-law are interested as by the time they drive to the shoot, cut up the wood, take it home, log it and dry it they would rather just pay and have a load dropped on the drive with no messing :unhappy: I even offered to help and do the splitting if they logged but neither were interested !

Another thing that bugs me is these chipping machines that they have to chip all of the branches most of that just ends up being left to rot down yet at the same time the farmers are wasting good land growing this bamboo grass stuff to chop up and burn so why not burn the wood chippings as well no it is simpler just to dump it.

Another thing that bugs me is these chipping machines that they have to chip all of the branches most of that just ends up being left to rot down yet at the same time the farmers are wasting good land growing this bamboo grass stuff to chop up and burn so why not burn the wood chippings as well no it is simpler just to dump it.

Nope - drying the stuff is the problem - once did a boiler install at a school in St Helens - boiler commissioned ok on dry wood chip from a known source but once we handed over the muppets tried to use fresh chippings fron the council parks department that was also wet from rain -- set solid in the feed system and hopper, cost a small fortune to repair (said it was our fault) so we left it empty. The idiots then proceeded to do exactly the same again despite being told to use only dry chippings. As far as I know they never repaired it. Yet another waste ot taxpayers' money. :oops::oops::/

Nope - drying the stuff is the problem - once did a boiler install at a school in St Helens - boiler commissioned ok on dry wood chip from a known source but once we handed over the muppets tried to use fresh chippings fron the council parks department that was also wet from rain -- set solid in the feed system and hopper, cost a small fortune to repair (said it was our fault) so we left it empty. The idiots then proceeded to do exactly the same again despite being told to use only dry chippings. As far as I know they never repaired it. Yet another waste ot taxpayers' money. :oops::oops::/

Ah well I suppose that makes sense having said that they use this bamboo stuff in the big incinerators I think most of this recycling wast is not worth the bother of sorting it the big stuff like paper glass metal and plastic ok that goes in separate bins but the rest of the stuff that goes into household wast bin should be incinerated they could mix in any damp stuff like the wood chippings and make some electric for us all not bung it into a hole in the ground.

Ah well I suppose that makes sense having said that they use this bamboo stuff in the big incinerators I think most of this recycling wast is not worth the bother of sorting it the big stuff like paper glass metal and plastic ok that goes in separate bins but the rest of the stuff that goes into household wast bin should be incinerated they could mix in any damp stuff like the wood chippings and make some electric for us all not bung it into a hole in the ground.

A lot of local authorities now burn everything non-recyclable. Incinerators like the one in Edmonton or in Gt Blakenham are set up to take anything (excluding the obvious building waste etc...)