Decathlon

Chris Bb

I had an e-mail from them (the French based sports supermarket) today entitled "Discover Shooting and Hunting". Perhaps we're in for some alternative budget supplies for our sport(s)?

Having said that, the last time I ventured into their Southampton store there was nothing remotely "country" in their stock.

Whilst there, I did ask their bicycle "expert" what the difference was between their £300 bike and the one costing £350, he told me it was £50. I eventually bought my (£650) bike elsewhere!

Been to the one in Calais which had plenty of Shooting and Hunting equipment including a very large range of shotgun shells in a locked glass fronted room, you had to ask to enter.

Prices very much the same as looking on their internet site here so no need to purchase there but good to be able too get hands on and check out the quality of the goods, which for the price was very good.

Ho the wit of a salesman.

When buying a bike go to a bike shop, and H-------s do not count as a bike shop.

There is a Decathlon next to Ikea Derby and they do have a shooting isle. I've had a nice Le Chameau fleece, socks and some Solognac jumpers, trousers and realtree top in the past.

It's good stuff and well made with sensible prices.

On the subject of mountain bikes - their B'Twin range are considered to be good value for money. Can't comment on the quality of the sales people!

Off topic and scoring an own goal:

When buying a bike go to a bike shop, and H-------s do not count as a bike shop.

Or anything else, for that matter. I really don't know how they stay in business

On the subject of mountain bikes - their B'Twin range are considered to be good value for money. Can't comment on the quality of the sales people!

I've been told that their £500+ cycles are very good as is the service when buying one but the cheaper ones are cheap and you get what you pay for.

Back on topic:

Thanks, hedge, I have to agree that their gear seems well priced and fit for purpose, I just wish their Southampton store was a little less "politically correct" in its stock.

There is a Decathlon next to Ikea Derby and they do have a shooting isle. I've had a nice Le Chameau fleece, socks and some Solognac jumpers, trousers and realtree top in the past.

It's good stuff and well made with sensible prices.

There isn't an ikea or decathlon in Derby. There is in Nottingham though and there is a fair bit of "country" gear in there.

The jackets/trousers/shirts are good stuff and not expensive ,the fishing stuff is ok.Calais has the far better range of shooting equipment and hunting need its but you dont run the gauntlet to back from Nottinham,s store .Hopefully theyl start to supply UK stores with their range of products rather than a snapshot of whats available