Which Shotgun?

Devilishdave

I am looking at treating me self to either a Beretta Silver Pigeon or a Browning Synergie. I have not fired either, what I am looking for is the opinions of people who have fired both or either of these guns.

The gun will be used for a fair bit of Clay shooting as well as driven pheasant, ocaisional Grouse days, wild fouling and rough shooting. Oh I might stake out the odd fox with them as well.

Dave

I am looking at treating me self to either a Beretta Silver Pigeon or a Browning Synergie. I have not fired either, what I am looking for is the opinions of people who have fired both or either of these guns.

The gun will be used for a fair bit of Clay shooting as well as driven pheasant, ocaisional Grouse days, wild fouling and rough shooting. Oh I might stake out the odd fox with them as well.

Dave

Devilish, you may as well ask for the meaning of life or world peace. Both make good guns; try them both and as many other guns as you can, too and then buy one that fits you. if it points where you look, it's the best gun for you, after that, it's just names.

Good luck!

the cynergy is a fantastic gun and is really really low in recoil so its great for clays, however i think i would look a complete idiot taking it ona grouse shoot, but then again if iw as shooting driveng rouse i would use a S x S. the beretta is a superb gun ( as much as i hate to say it), have a look on the usa browing site and they have a really nice tradional looking cynergy.

I would look at the 425 (is it 525 now?) and the silver pig.

Buy which one feels best to you.

May mate has a silver pig 5 with the blue/gold metalwork, I can't get on with it at all, and I shoot a 687 so you would expect it to be very similar.

Beretta's don't rust as well as Brownings, so that my be a consideration for wildfowling?

Beretta every time, for me anyway. Doesn't mean it will work for you though, so I'd say travel a bit and try both wherever they're available for a demo. I've also heard that Beretta don't rust as easily as a Browning, but if you look after it right in the first place then both will last well. If you're counting votes, then mine would have to be Beretta :good:

both guns are excelant in their respective uses, the cynergy is made for target but can and will be shot on game, the silver pigeon is a game gun but can and will be used on clays, as to preference, having shot both flip a coin dave, pick up the one that feels right for you, i know a lot of cynergys are high combed and need adjustment for game, i also know a lot of S/P's are light and are great in the field but will, after a days clays, beat you up, swings and roundabouts my friend.

Martin

both guns are excelant in their respective uses, the cynergy is made for target but can and will be shot on game, the silver pigeon is a game gun but can and will be used on clays, as to preference, having shot both flip a coin dave, pick up the one that feels right for you, i know a lot of cynergys are high combed and need adjustment for game, i also know a lot of S/P's are light and are great in the field but will, after a days clays, beat you up, swings and roundabouts my friend.

Martin

That's a good point I didn't mention. Most Silver Pigeons that you'll see are indeed game guns, and do recoil a bit on the heavy side after 100 rounds or so. There is a Sporter available though which weighs a bit more, has optima barrels and a wider rib, and no auto safety. I still prefer the Beretta!

Blaser look well made, but very light to handle. I hear they are a pain to carry out work on. Give me a Browning any day. I would not buy the Cynergy though - get an XS.

The reason the Blaser feel light is the near perfect balance, mine actually weighs more than a Beretta at 8lb 2oz and with 32" barrels handles like a dream.

I agree with you though, don't get a cynergy get a XS

Blaser look well made, but very light to handle. I hear they are a pain to carry out work on. Give me a Browning any day. I would not buy the Cynergy though - get an XS.

The reason the Blaser feel light is the near perfect balance, mine actually weighs more than a Beretta at 8lb 2oz and with 32" barrels handles like a dream.

I agree with you though, don't get a cynergy get a XS

ultra XS

now your talking, im going to pick up a third one this week, i love that gun, to me its one of the most well balanced all round sporters, well made well priced and reliable, my two have more than a few 100k through them with only pin replacement's done as nessasary, very comparable to the 682/686's on berettas table, of which these are very favorable guns also, i just prefer the browning's .

Martin

My blaser weighs 8lbs 2oz but when you move it it feels about 7lbs.

Its all down to the balance and feel of the gun.

It's definatly the best gun that I have ever shot and that includes DT10's, Perrazi's, Kreighoff etc.

Ordinary Beretta's and Brownings seem crude after shooting a Blaser.

dont get an XS, whilst they are great guns for tyhe same money you can get a grade 3 or even 5 miroku MK38 same gun same backbored barrels but with teagues and aq nicer bit of wood and engraving, it won't look out of place on the poshest of shoots and is essentially still a game gun, after all miroku make brownings.