anyone tried out the clever mirage soft steel

Never had any but i met a guy when wildfowling near Nairn he was using it around three years ago it came from Continental shooting in ayrshire back then not sure if they still are the importers or not.

the fellow seemed to like it said it was very soft as johny boy says im guessing its how its produced that makes it softer rather than its chemical composition indie cast is harder than typical steel shot for loading at 105 to 125 DPH yet its the same spacific gravity as typical steel soft iron shot which is about 90 to 105 DPH Vickers that is. Indie cast is produced at a higher temp and is faster to produce i was told not sure how they get it softer they perhaps a slightly lower temp and slower rate of production based on the indi cast.

BB in a 12 bore is possible but not always as straightforeward as you would think to pattern, uk fowler made an interesting coment on the copper coated steel thread on this forum, i remember the Americans on deepwoods making similar claims for the air rifle copper BBs some years ago, i wonder if the surface hardness being lower with plated or these soft irom mirages if they go through chokes in a 12 ca bit better, anyone tried this its a point i think could have some grounds for consideration here.

BB in a 12 bore is possible but not always as straightforeward as you would think to pattern, uk fowler made an interesting coment on the copper coated steel thread on this forum, i remember the Americans on deepwoods making similar claims for the air rifle copper BBs some years ago, i wonder if the surface hardness being lower with plated or these soft irom mirages if they go through chokes in a 12 ca bit better, anyone tried this its a point i think could have some grounds for consideration here.

if you wanna try 10 of them you more than welcome to have them for a test. As I veroius other steel to use up

if you wanna try 10 of them you more than welcome to have them for a test. As I veroius other steel to use up

Kind offer CHTA but at this moment oin time i have not got the time to go fowling never mind pattern loads, However i think i will try some copper plated shot i need to buy some at some point nows as good a time as any.

If i dont come accross any mirage on my travels ill give you a shout. Not sure but i think Northallerton could stock mirage.

Kind offer CHTA but at this moment oin time i have not got the time to go fowling never mind pattern loads, However i think i will try some copper plated shot i need to buy some at some point nows as good a time as any.

If i dont come accross any mirage on my travels ill give you a shout. Not sure but i think Northallerton could stock mirage.

Copper coated or zink coated gives a tighter pattern then normal steel I tested it out last year an the B shot kills really well

• 2 months later...