A Bigger Majority This Time

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just not got what it takes, (mind you, neither had Milliband). The party is just sinking into the mud at the bottom of the political pond and will probably stay there.

Fingers crossed.

Fantastic news. Keeps them unelectable where they belong.

I am scared that you may be wrong. Then we'll all be screwed.

For gods sake give the guy a chance it simple for all of you conservative supporters to criticize from what I see of it your chosen one Theresa May is putting her foot in it all of the time every time one of here people says something she has a go at them I would not be surprised if some of them get peed off with her and quit. :good: :good: :good:

Its more than not having a good leader, the whole party is rubbish, the last election was an embarrassment

UKPoacher you are so right, they should be banging on about unacceptable working conditions in places like Sports Direct but not a word. Zero hours contracts and temp jobs. It should be their bread and butter.

I'm currently a student and have a zero hour contract! I can pick and choose my shifts, do loads when I have free time, and do none if I'm very busy with essays.

I think the issue is companies having people on bad conditions, unfair terms and clauses and having people on zero hour contracts for years.

Mind you in the council I've been in the amount of sickness is ridiculous, half the staff team sat at home on full pay! There is no way a private business could ever operate like that! The best staff are the zero hour ones cos if you Dont come to work you don't get paid!

For gods sake give the guy a chance it simple for all of you conservative supporters to criticize from what I see of it your chosen one Theresa May is putting her foot in it all of the time every time one of here people says something she has a go at them I would not be surprised if some of them get peed off with her and quit. :good: :good: :good:

I'm a labour supporter and party member and think both Corbyn and Smith were bad choices, Smith was worse as he wanted to reverse the result of Brexit (something mostly voted for in working class labour areas) totally out of touch.

I'm currently a student and have a zero hour contract! I can pick and choose my shifts, do loads when I have free time, and do none if I'm very busy with essays.

I think the issue is companies having people on bad conditions, unfair terms and clauses and having people on zero hour contracts for years.

Mind you in the council I've been in the amount of sickness is ridiculous, half the staff team sat at home on full pay! There is no way a private business could ever operate like that! The best staff are the zero hour ones cos if you Dont come to work you don't get paid!

I'm a labour supporter and party member and think both Corbyn and Smith were bad choices, Smith was worse as he wanted to reverse the result of Brexit (something mostly voted for in working class labour areas) totally out of touch.

Who would you have prefferred as a candidate?

God help us if Corbyn and his fellow Trots ever get into power, I suspect we can kiss goodbye to many freedom we currently enjoy! And beware, once in a position of power they will be very, very difficult to remove!

The Rise of Corbyn is down to successive governments (principally, the self serving, so called New Labour, who were just Tories in disguise!) ignoring people's needs, "spinning" the truth, and constantly screwing people over, they are to blame for the voter apathy created in ordinary voters, that has left the door open for the extreme left to steal the Labour Party by default!

That is, I believe, why the Labour Party has disappeared into obscurity in Scotland.......the allegedly left wing SNP took power by default!

Who would you have prefferred as a candidate?

I honestly couldn't say, and certainly don't know every MP with detail, it would be something I would have to look into, I was not allowed to vote in the leadership election as I joined outside of what they said was allowed. I did become a member before Corbyn became really big on the scene though.

To be honest I was quite releaved that I wasn't casting a vote as I didn't like either of the candidates. I think Corbyn is unelectable, a fantasist and professional complainer.

Smith wanted to turn back the Brexit vote, something that traditional working class labour voters clearly voted for in numbers.

Milliband before them was as useful as a chocolate fire guard. The party is struggling IMO with internal power struggles between factions putting forwards their own friends and associates.

If you or I wanted to run for MP under labour they decide which area you are allowed to run in, it's not the best person for the job from their own area representing their own communities.

Very interesting, I do understand exactly what you feel.

I am amazed that when JC sat on the back benches he was the proverbial thorn in the side of the party and disagreed with everything, often appearing to do so on principle.

Now he is the re-elected leader with a larger majority the reprisals may start and he already appears to be pleading for unity and a collective voice.

How short his memory must be.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

I honestly couldn't say, and certainly don't know every MP with detail, it would be something I would have to look into, I was not allowed to vote in the leadership election as I joined outside of what they said was allowed. I did become a member before Corbyn became really big on the scene though.

To be honest I was quite releaved that I wasn't casting a vote as I didn't like either of the candidates. I think Corbyn is unelectable, a fantasist and professional complainer.

Smith wanted to turn back the Brexit vote, something that traditional working class labour voters clearly voted for in numbers.

Milliband before them was as useful as a chocolate fire guard. The party is struggling IMO with internal power struggles between factions putting forwards their own friends and associates.

If you or I wanted to run for MP under labour they decide which area you are allowed to run in, it's not the best person for the job from their own area representing their own communities.

What is the point in complaining about who they chose to run when you have no names to offer as an alternative.

God help us if Corbyn and his fellow Trots ever get into power, I suspect we can kiss goodbye to many freedom we currently enjoy! And beware, once in a position of power they will be very, very difficult to remove!

The Rise of Corbyn is down to successive governments (principally, the self serving, so called New Labour, who were just Tories in disguise!) ignoring people's needs, "spinning" the truth, and constantly screwing people over, they are to blame for the voter apathy created in ordinary voters, that has left the door open for the extreme left to steal the Labour Party by default!

That is, I believe, why the Labour Party has disappeared into obscurity in Scotland.......the allegedly left wing SNP took power by default!

So if as you seem to think all of the parties are no good we just as well go back to olden times and leave everything to the Queen and we will all be serfs.

There lies the problem!..........."Party politics" if you want to stand as an MP for a particular party you must do as you are told and always pull the Party line, you cannot vote freely and with your own conscience against the party or you will never get up the greasy pole and most likely just be frozen out!....anyone who has gotten anywhere in politics has got there not through integrity, honesty and/or ability but through systematic back side licking!

Politicians are nothing but self serving pigs with their snouts permanently in the troughs, sucking up their fill of the riches the electorate provide.

So if as you seem to think all of the parties are no good we just as well go back to olden times and leave everything to the Queen and we will all be serfs.

Nope! just get rid of party politics and elect individuals with integrity who are answerable to you and will represent your interests.........not the interests of "the Party"

There lies the problem!..........."Party politics" if you want to stand as an MP for a particular party you must do as you are told and always pull the Party line, you cannot vote freely and with your own conscience against the party or you will never get up the greasy pole and most likely just be frozen out!....anyone who has gotten anywhere in politics has got there not through integrity, honesty and/or ability but through systematic back side licking!

Politicians are nothing but self serving pigs with their snouts permanently in the troughs, sucking up their fill of the riches the electorate provide.

My god you do have a problem if you think so little of everyone in power I may not agree with other peoples politics but I think that for the most part people go in to politics with good intention in mind not everyone is that selfish.

I really hope that you are correct.

But fear you may not be. He is looking more and more like a politician every day.

Don't worry. Corbyn is as electable as Michael Foot was. The British electorate are pretty dumb as they occasionally vote in a Labour government but never will Contade Corbyn be voted in. Long may he reign.

Don't worry. Corbyn is as electable as Michael Foot was. The British electorate are pretty dumb as they occasionally vote in a Labour government but never will Contade Corbyn be voted in. Long may he reign.

Two words that have consigned labour to the grass for a whole generation 'David Milliband'.

Yes, it all went wrong from there.