A Bigger Majority This Time

TIGHTCHOKE

There was a great slot on Ian Dale LBC this afternoon when a female Labour Party member called out the party brass for destroying labour, as is her democratic right.

No fists, no shouting just a female life long Labour Party member reading those in charge their fortunes.

Next the publicity manager is cancelling her pass, hotel booking and has had her suspended from the Labour Party.

It's so Stalinistic it's funny. Well it's not funny it's dangerous and it's deluded.... and which is why you won't catch me or anyone else who is sane voting for them any time soon.

The more I read of Munglers posts, the more I find myself agreeing with him......I must be going soft or getting old, or both.

That last paragraph is bang on..

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if PM TM plays her cards right the Tories could be in power for the rest of my lifetime. Sad really as there should be good opposition and Labour are an absolute shambles. I just hope May is as honest and caring as her initial activities suggest as she can make a difference. Front page of Times earlier this week was a comment by a leading German economist (or was it businessman) saying we could be a very wealthy and prosperous country in a few years time and many countries now envy us.

Well if PM TM plays her cards right the Tories could be in power for the rest of my lifetime. Sad really as there should be good opposition and Labour are an absolute shambles. I just hope May is as honest and caring as her initial activities suggest as she can make a difference. Front page of Times earlier this week was a comment by a leading German economist (or was it businessman) saying we could be a very wealthy and prosperous country in a few years time and many countries now envy us.

Yes I can see that happening, the money we wont be paying to prop up the EU every month will be a Brexit bonanza if we use it wisely. The big word there is 'if' of course.

Yes I can see that happening, the money we wont be paying to prop up the EU every month will be a Brexit bonanza if we use it wisely. The big word there is 'if' of course.

That was one of the claims made by the Brexit leadership! Use (a proportion of) it to finance the NHS, still a good idea but there will be many claims on it.............lets hope it is used appropriately for the good of everyone, not just to reward politicians mates, allies and party donors?

That was one of the claims made by the Brexit leadership! Use (a proportion of) it to finance the NHS, still a good idea but there will be many claims on it.............lets hope it is used appropriately for the good of everyone, not just to reward politicians mates, allies and party donors?

I think us Bankers deserve a share of the pot. You won't believe how hard it has been since you started forcing the clampdown on our bonuses! Actually that won't be necessary as once we are free from the EU we won't be constrained by bonus caps.

I jest. Anyway just seen Comrade Corbyn's speech. The Labour Party were dead before this. Surely after his confirmation of an open door policy they are dead, burried and never to be seen again in any form? Whoop whoop.

Anyway just seen Comrade Corbyn's speech. The Labour Party were dead before this. Surely after his confirmation of an open door policy they are dead, burried and never to be seen again in any form? Whoop whoop.

I agree, I didn't see it but I heard it, quite unbelievable really, its not very often you will find me at a loss for words. What on earth is going on inside his head?

They want an open door policy as those who use it will probably vote Labour as a result after gaining citizenship.

The Catch 22 they don't seem to have realised is that they need to be in power to implement it, yet affirming this policy has possibly made them even more unelectable.....if that's possible.

They want an open door policy as those who use it will probably vote Labour as a result after gaining citizenship.

The Catch 22 they don't seem to have realised is that they need to be in power to implement it, yet affirming this policy has possibly made them even more unelectable.....if that's possible.

That was the same reason Bliar was so keen on migrants.

Actually, they don't need to gain citizenship to vote, they should, but in reality nobody checks whether they are or not.

Part of New Labour's open door policy was undoubtedly based on the belief that migrants would be labour voters for life.

Edited by Vince Green

Whilst I agree in the short term that Mr Corbyn is good for the Tories, if and when he goes he will have taken the Labour party well towards the left and I'd suspect the new leader will be somebody in his mould as the leadership rules will only make that more certain, not less. One day, and it might be two elections away Labour will win an election because no party stays in power forever and the UK will get his type of politics. 30% or so of people will always vote Labour, most people under about 40+ will not remember the crazy days of Labour (in ten years that will be under about 50+ and hence an increased proportion of the electorate) and a whole bunch of people who like to be nice and not nasty and fair and not unequal will vote for him.

Under his leadership Labour have become pretty much the antithesis of my values and beliefs and there are undercurrents that I really don't like the look of. With relevance to this site, I'd expect hard times ahead for anything to do with field sports when his type of politics comes to power.

My personal view is that with Corbyn being re-elected, we have seen the death knoll of the old Labour party. I would wager that before the next election comes round there will be a new middle ground party, with the mid ground MPs from all the other parties joining bringing a breath of fresh air to UK politics.

He is reported today as saying that the right to buy should be extended to private tenants as well as council tenants.

Apart from being a totally idiotic suggestion for lots of reasons he really doesn't get what he is saying does he? He obviously thinks landlords are property owning Tories and fair game for his Commie mates to target.

What will happen if he should ever get into power is all tenants would be put on short term lets so they can't be established tenants and any sort of stability they may have had will be destroyed forever.

So nieve, such a plonker

My personal view is that with Corbyn being re-elected, we have seen the death knoll of the old Labour party. I would wager that before the next election comes round there will be a new middle ground party, with the mid ground MPs from all the other parties joining bringing a breath of fresh air to UK politics.

Do know what, I don't think that would be a bad thing to happen!

Cheers

Aled

I honestly think Corbyn is nuts and I genuinely believe he would ruin our country beyond repair........How ever I do think there are enough out there that will vote for him that gives him a half decent chance, but I don`t think those who would vote for him would be happy long term.

As they say: Be careful what you wish for......you may just get it.

I cant help it but I fear him having any input in our country's future.

ATB

Matt

corbyn is not my worry, it is the people that are thinking the sun shines out of his rear............there is so many of them !...and they are all like him......god save us...

(mind you it will broaden the field in which Diane Abbbot patrols...she is looking for4 luuuve)

Edited by ditchman