A Bigger Majority This Time

TIGHTCHOKE

As a committed Tory voter, I too voted for Corbyn.

I am so very pleased with the result.

Go team Corbyn!

Thank you for the £25 it will come in handy when the election comes around.

Don't worry. Corbyn is as electable as Michael Foot was. The British electorate are pretty dumb as they occasionally vote in a Labour government but never will Contade Corbyn be voted in. Long may he reign.

They must be dumb to vote in this conservative shower that we have got now.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much would you spend to keep the Torys out of government for a whole generation?

Yeah, exactly, best money (and it was less than £25 for earlier membership) I've ever spent.

You just can't beat watching committed labour supporters trying to put a brave face on having the likes of Corbyn and Abbott lead the party - flipping hilarious. What is so completely obvious to the rest of the world (that Corbyn is completely 100% unelectable) is somehow lost on these people.

The end of an electable Labour Party; genuinely brilliant work by labour supporters ;-)

Corbyn is a plonker, nothing is going to change that. Lets not forget the old communist/ hard left Labour dream. Bring the country to its knees with strikes, stir up social discontent, have a revolution and seize power by force.

That's the truth, that was what Arthur Scagill was trying to do with the miners strike. Complete political Walter Mittys

As a neutral, if interested observer, Corbyn makes me worried.

Having two strong parties usually meant that the opposition kept the brake on the party in power - they couldn't stray that far from the centre (I'm talking post Thatcher).

Now you have a vacuum on the left, so the question is who is going to fill it? We've just had that over here and have a rise of hard left nutters (the shinners, People before profit, Anti austerity alliance etc). They've taken enough of a chunk that we have a minority government and reasonable things like paying for water and lowering taxes (middle class Ireland pays the highest taxes in the OECD) are being blocked. Spain and Italy also have the same.

A strong opposition helps keep a country on balance and on the up; you've just lost that so in two years time, who will be hoovering up the left votes? The Lib Dems a la SNP?

Edited by iano

Agreed, any government in power needs a sensible opposition to ask searching questions.

Alas, labour is too busy tearing itself inside out to focus on what the opposition should be doing.

That being said it's still so brilliant to watch; and all the labour supporters are conflicted - they know the rest of the sane world is right and that Corbyn is toxic, but they can't bring themselves to say it.. Utter muppets. Anyone who says that Corbyn can win an election for labour needs an immediate mental health check. The end.

The next thing will be de-selections, they say not but the hard left are bullies and always have been. Then the most sensible and well grounded MPs will be kicked out and the process will be complete.

I hated Blair but the Blairites are the only hope labour has now and most of them will be Lib Dems very soon.

Mungler - I cannot argue with a word. It doesn't take the gift of second sight to realise Corbyn is unelectable, but getting Diane Abbott to bat off all criticisms is a master stroke.

For Tories, she really is the icing on the cake. She couldn't say "hello" without it sounding patronising.

How much would you spend to keep the Torys out of government for a whole generation?

Yeah, exactly, best money (and it was less than £25 for earlier membership) I've ever spent.

You just can't beat watching committed labour supporters trying to put a brave face on having the likes of Corbyn and Abbott lead the party - flipping hilarious. What is so completely obvious to the rest of the world (that Corbyn is completely 100% unelectable) is somehow lost on these people.

The end of an electable Labour Party; genuinely brilliant work by labour supporters ;-)

Some of us have principles I have not and never will vote conservative but your actions just goes to show that you do not I would think that if you was an athlete you would be the first in line to pick up the dope so that you can win the race but then it takes all sorts I suppose.

Some of us have principles I have not and never will vote conservative but your actions just goes to show that you do not I would think that if you was an athlete you would be the first in line to pick up the dope so that you can win the race but then it takes all sorts I suppose.

There is a reason why most political parties retain control of their leadership election process (either parliamentary or central committee).

If you go and change the game so anyone can play, you can't then complain when people you didn't want to play start to take part.

Some of us have principles I have not and never will vote conservative

What makes you think your self-styled "principles" to vote Labour are any more principled than someone who believes the opposite and votes Tory?

Thing is, Labour has dined out for years on the myth of the Tories being the "nasty" party, but in truth, a Conservative Government just wants to leave people alone for the most part and let the market do its thing.

It's the far left that are a bunch of nasty bullies, always have been and always will be. The Tories are a better friend to the 'working man' than many realise.

I never got the sense of loyalty with a certain party. I am a conservative voter and member. If I didn't like their policies, I wouldn't hesitate to drop them.

What makes you think your self-styled "principles" to vote Labour are any more principled than someone who believes the opposite and votes Tory?

Thing is, Labour has dined out for years on the myth of the Tories being the "nasty" party, but in truth, a Conservative Government just wants to leave people alone for the most part and let the market do its thing.

It's the far left that are a bunch of nasty bullies, always have been and always will be. The Tories are a better friend to the 'working man' than many realise.

Hear hear.

Nope! elect individuals with integrity who are answerable to you and will represent your interests."

And pray, where do we find those august individuals?

All politicos have their strings lubricated from the back by powerful individuals, for a myriad of reasons in a myriad of ways?

Very occasionally we enjoy the result, most often we don't because these days it's all about the rich creaming all of the profit for themselves to the detriment of the electorate or imposing more controls over the populace by stealth.

The Antis and Government win on every throw of the dice because of our apathy?

This situation about grouse shooting could IMO be a defining point and may well be the catalyst to provoke an end to the apathetic response from the Sporting sector and Organisations?

The lack of political balance here is astounding?

Judging on the way the NHS locally is being dismantled we ain't seen nothing yet?

There is nothing principled in blindly voting for Corbyn or labour. Indeed, it's a bit cretinous to ignore the actual politics of policy and manifesto of any political party and just go with what you have always done.

Whilst I voted Tory, as it happens, I'd vote for Clegg - I think he is actually a man of principle and he took a massive bullet to form a coalition (and knowingly get the ****ty end of that stick) at a point in time when the Country needed a government that wasn't labour.

I digress.

The good news is that your political views will count for nothing because you are blindly following an unelectable Marxist who cannot be prime minister ever. Hats off to your principled labour party, may they long get used to and enjoy the political wilderness which they have just entered.

I'll raise a glass to you and Jezza this evening when I get home.

And pray, where do we find those august individuals?

Unfortunately human nature in the shape of greed, avarice and jealousy will always rise to the surface, people's integrity is a commodity that can usually be bought........the only question is for what price?

We all critisise the privileged lifestyle and the obscene wealth (and like to speculate on how it was secured) by some politician, tycoon, entrepreneur etc........but truth to tell, if any of us could swap places with them..........most would grab it in a heartbeat!.....we all shake our heads, take a sharp intake of breath and raise a disapproving eyebrow at the obscene amount of money paid for the services of some footballer and the equally obscene tens of thousands of pounds he is paid per week.............but if any of us were able to swap our pay with them? Which of us would decline?

Same with politicians, they have to sell their integrity to get up the greasy pole to reach power, wealth and influence..........most will sell us out in a heartbeat to do so!

I just pose the question I don't have the answer!

Mungler - I agree with most, but Clegg is a step too far for me.

He just seems like a weak minded idiot, who has copied hand movements from Tony Blair - to attempt to appear more sincere. I reach for my special sick bucket whenever I hear him speak.

He took a bullet though, and that bullet killed his political career but saved the country.

He should get the political VC.

There is nothing principled in blindly voting for Corbyn or labour. Indeed, it's a bit cretinous to ignore the actual politics of policy and manifesto of any political party and just go with what you have always done.

Whilst I voted Tory, as it happens, I'd vote for Clegg - I think he is actually a man of principle and he took a massive bullet to form a coalition (and knowingly get the ****ty end of that stick) at a point in time when the Country needed a government that wasn't labour.

I digress.

The good news is that your political views will count for nothing because you are blindly following an unelectable Marxist who cannot be prime minister ever. Hats off to your principled labour party, may they long get used to and enjoy the political wilderness which they have just entered.

I'll raise a glass to you and Jezza this evening when I get home.

Unfortunately many of the Labour voters are of the mindset that "my father voted Labour, my grandfather voted Labour, so I shall vote Labour.

Absolutely no thought involved!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Unfortunately many of the Labour voters are of the mindset that "my father voted Labour, my grandfather voted Labour, so I shall vote Labour.

Absolutely no thought involved!

But Labour ain't Labour any more!........the country is crying out for some one/party that will truly represent the interests of the ordinary voter, and just now there ain't one!............leaving the door open for?..........whoever may walk in!!

Dangerous times!

What a stupid statement to make! Your basically saying that no matter what Labours policies are or what they want to do you will vote for them!

I am labour member but unlike you look into the MPs at the top and the policies they are pushing and vote with my eyes open. In the past I voted conservative because I genuinely thought they were better at the time.

Why would anyone vote for either party without looking into it first ? Just because the name "Labour" does not mean it represents the interests of working class folk!

But Labour ain't Labour any more!........the country is crying out for some one/party that will truly represent the interests of the ordinary voter, and just now there ain't one!............leaving the door open for?..........whoever may walk in!!

Dangerous times!

UKIP were probably the closest. to that party. However, they are probably on a downwards spiral with Farage gone, along with the reason for their existence, namely independence from the EU.

I don't think we are in dangerous times. The only time I think it is dangerous is when Labour are close to getting in!