Proper Cartridges.Excellent value for money.

Maybe I have been thought to have 'slated' Proper Cartridges in the past. I have never slated them. I think they are generally fine, but there is certainly no 'magic' in them. I did ask George on here why he claimed that his loads were loaded with the 'finest components'. Of course, he couldn't answer that, because they are loaded with bog standard, average components that any cartridge company may use.

IMO its all about what gives you confidence and what you believe in.

I killed birds consistently back in the '60's with cheap east European cartridges, that had primers that would break a firing pin, produced enough "chaff" to confuse a guided missile and if the lead didn't kill the bird, the flame would.

At the same time I was occasionally given Eley (ICI) Grand Prix cartridges, the best cartridge of the day.

I didn't shoot any more birds, but I did break less firing pins.

Nowadays when I miss birds its because I am not as good as I was (or think I was), it has nothing to do with the cartridge, or gun.

Agree on the confidence aspect completely, i genuinely feel its an often overlooked aspect of wing shooting by so many people.

But gun choke and ammo do play a very significant part in my opinion, and indeed they do reenforce the confidence aspect probably as much if not more than any other components in this equasion.

We use Georges 28g 7 1/2s for clays and the 28g 6s for everything else.

Hopefully we can get to having just 28g 6 1/2s for everything.

To be fair, I called him a few months ago to try to buy possibly a large amount of clay cartridges like that, and he had absolutely no interest whatsoever in sourcing non-game cartridges at the time...