PPI

Mungler

well, I recalled two car loans for 4k each back in the mid 90s, it was with Lloyds. So I took the advice on here and made a claim.

I gave the addresses I lived at in a 5 year period, I gave the branch address, I gave the name of the manager at the time, I clearly remember the ppi being put up front on both loans, and clearly remember the manager telling me I had to have it, I also have an unusual surname, so harder for name mix ups,

I got a letter back saying, no records of any loan to me, and that I should consider the letter, their final response.

a big waste of time for me, I cant be bothered to pursue it anymore.

Now get one of the firms to push it for you.

If they take 30% you'll be having 70% more than they're offering you at the moment!

Quick question lads; how do you know if a loan or credit card you had even had PPI attached to it?

My HSBC credit card statements used to have a line saying something like "insurance" which was a very small % of the end month balance and added to the amount due. It stopped when I reached 65 and they said I was too old for insurance!!

Two years ago somebody advised that this was actually PPI so I wrote and asked them to give me my money back. HSBC were responsive, sent me a questionnaire which I completed. Some weeks later I received £3,400.

If you have old card statements then check them or ask the bank the simple question " Did you ever charge me insurance on my credit card balance?" If the answer is yes then ask for it back.

Probably posted before on the subject, I would have been the one shouting the loudest that I never got caught by the scammers selling these insurance deals.

I claimed against my mortgage company and got a nice 7.5k.

They made out that no ppi no mortgage so kind of blackmail.

Did the PPI thing expecting no results used a claims company with a reasonable fee i thought well there doing all the work so let them . In rolls payouts of nearly 10k that was 2 years ago. If you have'nt done it try it you may be surprised.

I was recently informed I might have had it on a credit card.

I wrote to the bank direct and they sent me a questionnaire but to my family home so I've got it now but before I've had chance to post it out they've written saying they've closed it and I can't get anything.

Might have to ring them and complain.

I was recently informed I might have had it on a credit card.

I wrote to the bank direct and they sent me a questionnaire but to my family home so I've got it now but before I've had chance to post it out they've written saying they've closed it and I can't get anything.

Might have to ring them and complain.

Not trying to teach granny to suck eggs but if you are serious about your complaint then be prepared for what could be a long haul. Make sure they are recording the call and ask them for a copy of the recording at the end of the call.

Ask them for a written statement on the legal basis which underpins their right to close their claims scheme as you are going to consult with others (always a useful phrase). Then ask them to also provide a copy of their complaints procedures and what it says about who you refer to if you eventually disagree with their handling / decision of your complaint and whether it would be the Ombudsman or some other body eg The Regulator. These authorities will expect you to have exhausted the banks complaints procedure before referring to them.

Their response may well satisfy you that they are correct in their actions. Then again it may not and you may be going to the Ombudsman.

Good luck.

well, I recalled two car loans for 4k each back in the mid 90s, it was with Lloyds. So I took the advice on here and made a claim.

I gave the addresses I lived at in a 5 year period, I gave the branch address, I gave the name of the manager at the time, I clearly remember the ppi being put up front on both loans, and clearly remember the manager telling me I had to have it, I also have an unusual surname, so harder for name mix ups,

I got a letter back saying, no records of any loan to me, and that I should consider the letter, their final response.

a big waste of time for me, I cant be bothered to pursue it anymore.

been down the same road with said bank its a standard letter send everything you got to the financial ombudsman and they will deal with it on your behalf ( a free service ) it worked out well for me the companies that chase it on your behalf take a percentage and in some cases all the interest do not give up

has any one got a link to a ppi company that would look in to it for you, there seem so many companys to choose from, and just wondered if any one has dealt with a decent company, thanks for the info Mungler, its got to be worth a try, cheers.

Just be careful some charge upto 33% + VAT!!!!!!!

That's why my wife sorted it, bit of a ballache, but if you are owed 10 grand you will only see about 6 of it,

Flynny

has any one got a link to a ppi company that would look in to it for you, there seem so many companys to choose from, and just wondered if any one has dealt with a decent company, thanks for the info Mungler, its got to be worth a try, cheers.

phone the financial ombudsman and they send you some forms to fill in, very straightforward then they deal with everything for you and its a free service

trouble is, they keep banging on about the loan number, I have no paperwork, it was 23 years ago.

is my claim really a claim, after this length of time.

I had a loan which I thought was early 90's

Filled in their questionnaire, just put cant remember in any dates asked for.....couldn't even remember the amount involved,

Sent it off, a few weeks later got a phone call from the bank, just confirming a few "details"

Loan was actually from late 80's, turns out I have FOUR loans with PPI on them, I asked if I had to fill out a new form for them and he said no as they had all the details,

He even asked if I could remember the name of the bank worker who sorted it out (in branch) told him couldn't remember anything apart from the fact they said I couldn't have the loan without the PPI,

End of call I asked how long would it take, he said I should have a decision by 17th Feb..... Fingers crossed

So YES, it still a claim as mine was 27/28 years ago,

Oh and I adapted Munglers letter listed earlier in this thread don't be put off by the form they will send, a lot of isn't needed, it's a standard form

:shaun:

Not trying to advertise anyone but i used a company called Stake My Claim they did all the work with very little info to go on, as stated give it a go you may be surprised.

After reading this I thought I would give it a go,,a simple form from Lloyds together with a phone call to help jog my memory about some details from many years ago. A letter has just landed informing me that should expect a cheque for £21,771 within 28 days,,,and they are very sorry for any inconvenience caused !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

What forms did you lads use?

After reading this I thought I would give it a go,,a simple form from Lloyds together with a phone call to help jog my memory about some details from many years ago. A letter has just landed informing me that should expect a cheque for £21,771 within 28 days,,,and they are very sorry for any inconvenience caused !!!!!

And well done that man!! :yahoo:

Had a look at Lloyds Bank PPI claims online,,fill in the on line form and they later contacted me by phone to confirm a few details/ dates etc . Unsurprisingly I wasn't able to remember them all but it didn't seem to matter. Not long after received a letter confirming the amount to paid within 28 days. One week later its in the bank. A week after that my ancient Focus shooting bus was replaced with a more suitable oldish Jimny. I think most of the banks have this direct access system.