The rubbish they spout in schools

Benthejockey

I think most professions get a sound knocking these days.. Apparently no one is worth what tgey get paid.. Unless of course your a Director/CEO of a large company or Bank that is losing money or a so called. Euntron..enterun.. Entronpeur.. Spiv.

Everyone eles is becoming a slave to the daft working culture thats overtaking the country.. More and more hours, Expected to take risks to do the work to get paid even though if it goes wrong the company turns it's back in a holyier than though stance.. look at Amazon. Sports Direct and the numerous gang masters around the country.. Dickens could write another book.

Before anyone says.. Nothing wrong with working hard if the rewards are to be gained but alot of people have to work harder and harder just to stand still while there's a class of people taking all the rewards.

Spot on, I think some of these people play a fantastic magic trick/slight of hand, while everyone is focused on benefits claimants and immigration ect, they're robbing the working masses blind.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I had pronounced words beginning with 'TH' as an 'F' , at school , I would have been corrected by a teacher immediately.

Just listen to lots of people who pronounce the number Three , as Free' .Thick as Fick', Thought as Fought ,and so on , really winds me up .

Its just basics. Other English speaking nations just laugh at us, and speak English much better than we do.

I would challenge anyone in any profession to say that there are no complete oxygen thieves working with them.

I will accept that challenge as I am a self-employed sole trader.

Oh, hang on..........

If I had pronounced words beginning with 'TH' as an 'F' , at school , I would have been corrected by a teacher immediately.

Just listen to lots of people who pronounce the number Three , as Free' .Thick as Fick', Thought as Fought ,and so on , really winds me up .

Its just basics. Other English speaking nations just laugh at us, and speak English much better than we do.

Chimbley, skellington, baff the list goes on

It seems that you need a speech impediment to be a BBC pwesenter these days. Chwis Packham, Jonathan Woss, Secwet Agent Phiw Spencer.........................

Edited by UKPoacher

I remember schools used to have English lessons which taught you how to spell words and thereby you learnt how to pronounce them, also speech therapists to help those that had difficulty as a result of various speech defects or even partial deafness. Now the average student cant speak English and many of the teachers don`t fair to well either.

I wouldn't fancy being a teacher or a social worker, my wife was teaching a reception class in West London, and a little girl came in limping and in obvious pain.

My girl asked her to remove her shoes, and she had deep cuts on both soles.

Turns out they're a family of African Christians, one of these "pinch of Christianity, pinch of traditional African spirit religion, mix" type faiths. Little girl is mischievous, as is in the job description of a 5yr old. Daddy thinks she therefore has a demon in her, and the best way to drive one of THOSE out is with pain. Cue much hilarity with a Stanley knife and a small child's feet. Walk on those for a while, that'll make the demon leave.

So my wife, whose only qualifications are a good degree from a good university, then the pgce, which is a three year degree done in a year, and who only became a teacher for the holidays, has to dress this poor kid's feet, whilst explaining that she's not actually evil, and won't burn in hell, then get social services onto the case, so they can get mum and kids from the home before daddy comes back and decides to do more d.i.y with his trusty Stanley knife.

And all for less than half the remuneration that her uni friends get, who get to work after her, and leave before her.

My wife left teaching in January, after ten years working her **** off, and getting denigrated by the government for not wanting to do more than the 70 hr week she was doing, for less money.

Next time you see a barely literate chav with no idea of right or wrong, smashing things, think about how the teaching profession has been whittled down and made unattractive to the kind of people we want teaching our kids, and what the consequences will be in the future.

May Michael gove and his forebears and successors, all choke and die, for repeatedly cutting budgets and blaming the teaching profession for the resulting chaos.

Ok, reading that back, I might be a little bitter. Seeing your loved one on the verge of a breakdown through trying to do the job with no resources, will do that to you. I know none of you were trolling about teachers, I just thought I'd get that off my chest. Have a superb day, all.

Send your mrs my regards mate! Been doing work looking into what you described recently but can't remember the name off the top of my head! Truly a barbaric and misguided practice!

Hope the poor kids gets the help she needs 😞

Ok, reading that back, I might be a little bitter. Seeing your loved one on the verge of a breakdown through trying to do the job with no resources, will do that to you. I know none of you were trolling about teachers, I just thought I'd get that off my chest. Have a superb day, all.

I thought you were remarkably restrained, actually...

I come from a family of teachers - I'm the only one who doesn't do it for a living - so I see it from the inside.

The Management spent 5 years working a 75+ hour week - I was effectively a single parent family. She has now gone back to teaching after a 4 year break, part-time only, and it still works out at 35 hours a week she works at it.

My mum had to retire on medical grounds at 52, because the stress was killing her.

An easy profession?

I come from a family of teachers - I'm the only one who doesn't do it for a living - so I see it from the inside.

The Management spent 5 years working a 75+ hour week - I was effectively a single parent family. She has now gone back to teaching after a 4 year break, part-time only, and it still works out at 35 hours a week she works at it.

My mum had to retire on medical grounds at 52, because the stress was killing her.

An easy profession?

Got to say I feel for them, unfortunately I think it's the same for alot of professions and jobs these days, look at the prison officers on strike today, they've had years of being assaulted and no one listening and have finally had enough, the telling thing for me is that they're on strike over safety and numbers not money.

An easy profession?

Primary or secondary school ?